What's new

Reo's MK 11 Tier list

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
I don't want to be too late with this, so without further ado here is my Injustice 3 tier list based on -2 or -3 years of playing it.

S tier: Superman, Supergirl, Captain America
A tier: Thanos(his 50/50 is insane), Mr.Freeze, Shazam
B: The Power Rangers
Ded

Skedar70

Noob
I thought tier list were banned from TYM at least for a month. I guess "top players" are immune to this. They had top picks and tiers lists since day one yet they were all hypocritical saying "no top tier list when the game comes out, let the game breath, let it grow"

Afumba

Noob
Peoples that are giving REO shit for this/calling him out are totally pathetic in my eyes. Especially people saying "its too early blablabla".Why you guys watching it in the first place?

Its his "after one week impression tier list".
He clearly stated why he was making it and what it is. His quick review so far sounded reasonable. People always have to make a drama out of everything just to feel important... its just silly.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
No dude... Me (and everyone else) can "personally" not react to 12fr. It's a read. I went ELI5 on that, I'm sorry it didn't connect.. ?
You just listed 2 options she can do after the low/overhead.... just tell me... what happens when the receiving player keeps blocking after Sonya chose Low/Overhead into Energy Ring...?

Please read.
"Starts high at 9fr so it's easily stuffed"... ya'll are just jumping through hoops with this ..
"the gap in B234 has room for a d1 poke" ... never once did I mention this string. Her bs comes from B1, she gets 2 guessing situations, where the latter can make the former safe. Knock it off -_-

And yes man, the motive of every player is always questionable, I just want this game to be decent, you can check for yourself if that's genuine or not.

The "powerlevel" of this string is debatable, saying however, THAT IT IS NOT A SAFE MIX, is not debatable. She may "need" it, but only because Erron has an even dumber mixup situation. Why not just get rid of both ?
Evidently you don’t understand what “safe” and “punishable” mean. Luckily for you, MK11 has an exceptional tutorial mode. I suggest you check it out.

Wigy

There it is...
Well sub erron and geras are stupidly good.

Scorpions good but I'm not sold on it, think the regular teleport MB teleport mind game is very annoying when mixed with cancels but not sold on him being as bad as the others

Sonya's damage is a bit absurd too

Doesn't take much to see some frame data and tools are crazy good.

Erron has half screen mixups where the overhead is basically safe and an obnoxious projectile that locks you blocking a full screen x-ray that's silly good.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
So I know this may create a lot of controversy due to the game just coming out, but Reo has just made a tier list for the game so this is not some scrub like me making the tier list. Reo is a highly accomplished player with multiple top 8 placings, runner-up at Evo twice and just an overall very smart fighting game player so I think his opinion carries a lot of weight. People are still figuring out the game, of course, but I always think tier lists are very entertaining and create a lot interesting conversation. With that being said, I'll upload the video with the tier list below. Enjoy guys!

S Tier : Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero

A+ Tier: Baraka, Cassie Cage, Jax, Lui Kang, Noob Saibot

A Tier: Cetrion, Jacqui, Kabal, Kollector, Scarlet

A- Tier: Jade, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden

B Tier: D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn
I was between scorpion and sub for a while, this video helped me choose Kitana.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Erron has half screen mixups where the overhead is basically safe and an obnoxious projectile that locks you blocking a full screen x-ray that's silly good.
This seems to me the most broken thing in the game thus far.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Noob is A+, jesus I'm bad.
Noob's tier placement is bad. LOL. As @JDM already mentioned, the character is good but currently overrated by many people in the community. While he has a high damage output, the damage is limited to punishment. He cannot combo from his primary footsies tools. b+2 and f+4 are good long-range normal attacks, but they are not special cancelable. f+2,2 is but does not combo into the teleport.

Speaking of the teleport, the start up is slow at 30 frames. Against the better projectiles in the game, you are anticipating punishment rather than reacting so you can be baited easily. Needless to say, Scorpion's teleport is far superior in every conceivable aspect.

The shadow tackle sucks. Slow start up. Disappears on hit. Impractical krushing blow requirement (but arguably still more practical than hitting b+3,1+3 on a stand-blocking opponent).

Speaking of Noob's krushing blows, they also suck and are barely a step above Johnny Cage's.

Use a character like Erron Black for a week and go back to using Noob as I have done. Tell me honestly whether he feels like a character who is below the S tier characters. Let me tell you in advance that he does not.

Wigy

There it is...
Noob's tier placement is bad. LOL. As @JDM already mentioned, the character is good but currently overrated by many people in the community. While he has a high damage output, the damage is limited to punishment. He cannot combo from his primary footsies tools. b+2 and f+4 are good long-range normal attacks, but they are not special cancelable. f+2,2 is but does not combo into the teleport.

Speaking of the teleport, the start up is slow at 30 frames. Against the better projectiles in the game, you are anticipating punishment rather than reacting so you can be baited easily. Needless to say, Scorpion's teleport is far superior in every conceivable aspect.

The shadow tackle sucks. Slow start up. Disappears on hit. Impractical krushing blow requirement (but arguably still more practical than hitting b+3,1+3 on a stand-blocking opponent).

Speaking of Noob's krushing blows, they also suck and are barely a step above Johnny Cage's.

Use a character like Erron Black for a week and go back to using Noob as I have done. Tell me honestly whether he feels like a character who is below the S tier characters. Let me tell you in advance that he does not.
Barely a step above. Please go play cage. Try and land any of them.

Nobody's KB are even comparably bad as cages

He gets bodied by Cassie I'm pretty sure. She can low shots beat projectiles and sk she had very good neutral and she can duck his forceballs on block.
Probably not intentional but the fact that Cassie would always have the edge on her dad would be amazing top-down design :p

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
No dude... Me (and everyone else) can "personally" not react to 12fr. It's a read. I went ELI5 on that, I'm sorry it didn't connect.. ?
You just listed 2 options she can do after the low/overhead.... just tell me... what happens when the receiving player keeps blocking after Sonya chose Low/Overhead into Energy Ring...?

Please read.
"Starts high at 9fr so it's easily stuffed"... ya'll are just jumping through hoops with this ..
"the gap in B234 has room for a d1 poke" ... never once did I mention this string. Her bs comes from B1, she gets 2 guessing situations, where the latter can make the former safe. Knock it off -_-

And yes man, the motive of every player is always questionable, I just want this game to be decent, you can check for yourself if that's genuine or not.

The "powerlevel" of this string is debatable, saying however, THAT IT IS NOT A SAFE MIX, is not debatable. She may "need" it, but only because Erron has an even dumber mixup situation. Why not just get rid of both ?
Seriously? I'm being genuinely honest, it's a high and many mids and pokes will tap her out of it, it's short range and needs to be used sparingly. Her B3 U4 is her main string that's used in high level because if this. Yes it's a good mix but it's not broke. She is strong and top tier but not broke. Broke is mkx having overhead to low that was safe on block and fast af
This game doesn't have that. If it's high reward it's high risk hense being punishable.

I'm genuinely wondering what would make an overhead/low acceptable in your mind. It seems to me just having mixups is cheap?

Literally every character has mix/makes you guess. Number of hits is a guess just like 50/50s just not with block only when to return fire. Every character in this game has ways to open up characters. A few do struggle in close and have no fast mids.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is a decent list but I have a disagree with a lot of it. I am but a humble nobody but here is my list:

S Tier: Baraka, Cassie, Cetrion (Sleeper OP), Dvorah (People haven't figured her out yet)
A Tier: Erron Black (Overrated), Frost, Geras, Jacqui, Jade, Jax
B Tier: Johnny, Kabal, Kano, Kitana., Kotal, Kollector
B- Tier: Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob Saibot, Raiden, Scorpion (Hella Overrated), Shao Kahn
C (Secret Trash Tier): Skarlet, Sonya, Sub

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I agree. Im very curious why you think so though.
She has good 50/50s, which are rare to come by in this game, her oki set ups are insane, her strings have ton of range for their speed, and good luck zoning her when she has Widow's Kiss.

SxS626

Noob
This is a decent list but I have a disagree with a lot of it. I am but a humble nobody but here is my list:

S Tier: Baraka, Cassie, Cetrion (Sleeper OP), Dvorah (People haven't figured her out yet)
A Tier: Erron Black (Overrated), Frost, Geras, Jacqui, Jade, Jax
B Tier: Johnny, Kabal, Kano, Kitana., Kotal, Kollector
B- Tier: Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Noob Saibot, Raiden, Scorpion (Hella Overrated), Shao Kahn
C (Secret Trash Tier): Skarlet, Sonya, Sub
this better be a joke

all of this better be a joke

Alcarion

Gym rat
It's probably her extremely strong neutral tools and buttons. Low gun owns a lot of real estate in a lot of matchup is even a good whiff punisher. Also her high guns being cancellable and chargeable is really solid for controlling people in the neutral / zoning battle as well, keeps people crouched in place. f41 is safe 9frame hit confirmable mid which is neutral on stagger and creates spacing on stagger, having a 9 frame mid is tremendously valuable in the counter poke battle and neutral battle. b24 is also one of the best advancing mids in the game and can also be staggered to create spacing. f2 1+3 plus on block crushing blow. Solid anti-air conversions as well. Also valuable standing reset which guarantees a f4. Even her ex upkick is safe, she's a very strong neutral character whose buttons apply decent pressure and has great whiff punishing. It's very difficult to zone her and if she outzones you she has a lot of control. Her b3 has solid value and anti-airs from range as well. Very strong kit but doesn't have horrifying mixups like the top tiers.
Wow that’s very informative thanks a loti’ll use those tools more and re think my approach i think i’ve been using her wrong. Thanks a lot.