What's new

Reo's MK 11 Tier list

projectzero00

nomnomnom
As for the thread topic, I'm curious why Frost is in B tier. Any Frost players wanna chime in with more detail on her problems? I have very little understanding of her as I've fought literally only 1 online.
Her main issue is slow combo standing punishers, terrible and buggy hitbox and she's also very unsafe.
12 and S3 are her fastest combo starters to cancel into (A)microburst and most of the time they whiff because of how bad heir hitbox are. She'll fail to punish a blocked Scorpion teleport even when he is right in front of her face.

She could use B1 or B3 or S2 but those are a lot slower and your opponent will block before they come out.
She has some good range going on but my main issue online for example is that her mixups are so slow and predictable that after a couple of matches my opponents figure her out completely and block everything easily cause it's visible from miles away. Slow, low hitbox and hard to open people up to. Literally just block low and then high against her.

Last edited:

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Also: About a week 1 tier list. Of course this won't be perfect. However, I think it's pretty easy to tell a character like Shao Kahn is much worse than Erron, or that Scorpion has a lot of great things in his kit that make him very good. I labbed Erron for 5 minutes and understood why he was rated so high. It's not really hard to see.
Nobody has enough exp in the game to create a tier list now, which should reflect all interactions between characters and their matchups. That is not possible in one week, at all.

Doing lists like this one is the best recipe for nrs to fuck up by listening to them and nerf/buff characters that don't need it, causing mistakes that will take long to fix. This community will never get a balanced game, because we can't wait.

JDM

Noob
Nobody has enough exp in the game to create a tier list now, which should reflect all interactions between characters and their matchups. That is not possible in one week, at all.

Doing lists like this one is the best recipe for nrs to fuck up by listening to them and nerf/buff characters that they don't need it, causing mistakes that will take long to fix. This community will never get a balanced game, because we can't wait.
fair enough. If you look at it the way of "This could cause nerfs/buffs" I agree. I didn't really think of it that way though that is very likely.

D

Deleted member 35141

HIs damage WITHOUT BS doesn't reach that high. Additionally we shouldn't be measuring character damage by including buffed states. Otherwise that should be the norm across the board.
Without buff state and 1 bar 34% bnb easy no BS involved.
As far as where he falls on the tier list I could care less.

A few concerns i have for cassie cage

1. subpar dash / wave dash (which may become seriously meta in future)
  2. worst fatal blow in the game. This is a HUGE disadvantage,
  3. Throws don't loop / supplement offense like GERAS / Erron
  4. Lack of mixup potential - her offense revolves around soacing traps
  5. Weak corner damage due to guns not being hit confirmable.'
This game is heavily advantageous to the character with zoning advantage imo from a footsies standpoint, when this is the situation i feel cassie is amazing. However when she doesn't have zoning advantage there are some weakness.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 35141

Few things I don't agree with.

1- Johnny is horribly slept on. I think surface level he seems mid to mid low tier, but once you actually start playing him, his amazing buttons, walkspeed, pokes, etc. really shine. I think he's very underrated in this list.
I agree Johnny's good but what separates him from the top characters is he has great forward hitting highs but erron for example had great forward hitting mids.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
A few concerns i have for cassie cage

1. subpar dash / wave dash (which may become seriously meta in future)
  2. worst fatal blow in the game.
  3. Throws don't loop / supplement offense like GERAS / Erron
  4. Lack of mixup potential - her offense revolves around soacing traps
  5. Weak corner damage due to guns not being hit confirmable.'
This game is heavily advantageous to the character with zoning advantage, when this is the situation i feel cassie is amazing. However when she doesn't have zoning advantage there are some weakness.
She also has underrated zoning. Also, characters should have weaknesses, that is not a bad thing.

I seriously would recommend people to wait and analyze the game. We saw what early nerfs/buffs can cause. Just have patience. Week 1.

D

Deleted member 35141

Do tell me what this 1bar 34% is. No BS, no KB and no FB, of course.
F32 tele amp f32 into spear or chain whip forgot what does more damage.
If you add the other stuff talking about some heavy damage maybe add a jump in too

S+ Main

Noob
Can anyone tell my why Geras is so good?

I was thinking of playing him because he looks cool but I haven't real seen much about him tho.

She also has underrated zoning. Also, characters should have weaknesses, that is not a bad thing.

I seriously would recommend people to wait and analyze the game. We saw what early nerfs/buffs can cause. Just have patience. Week 1.
i agree her zoning is very good. Never said she needed to be nerfed at all, just wondering about her at the top of the tier list. Suspecting she might be closer to a.

"Nerf This" Tier: Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero, Baraka, Liu Kang, Kabal, Kollector

"Will Be Fine If Those Get Nerfed" Tier: Noob Saibot, Cassie Cage, Jax, Skarlet, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden

"Buff This" Tier: Jade, Cetrion, Jacqui, Kitana, D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn

Here, my tier list.
What's yours, guys?
Not a fan of nerfs TBH, granted there are exceptions but I'm more of a believer in buffing clearly lacking characters to a hopefully level playing field. Having said that, of the characters I have played, I would say I agree with this list for the most part (there is still a lot I haven't experienced personally), except for Kollector. I am interested to know why you think Kollector needs a nerf?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Not a fan of nerfs TBH, granted there are exceptions but I'm more of a believer in buffing clearly lacking characters to a hopefully level playing field. Having said that, of the characters I have played, I would say I agree with this list for the most part (there is still a lot I haven't experienced personally), except for Kollector. I am interested to know why you think Kollector needs a nerf?
His f1 makes him too much of a 1 button character. No single button should be an all purpose step catcher footsie tool and advancing safe launcher at the same time.
I also agree that nerfs aren't the greatest but in some cases the change is warranted when a tool is just too good.
I'd just make his f1 unsafe and not continue the string on block and it's solved.

Alcarion

Gym rat
I’m maining Cassie because she’s my favorite character but can someone tell me what makes her as good as Reo thinks? From my experience she seems okay nothing screams top tier to me.

JDM

Noob
I agree Johnny's good but what separates him from the top characters is he has great forward hitting highs but erron for example had great forward hitting mids.
yes, but Johnny has better anti-airs and pokes. Also Erron's (arguably) Best Mid is Flawlessable. I won't sit here and say Johnny is better than Erron, but he does have things that are better than Erron's. If Johnny had workable Krushing Blows (including but not limited to a Throw KB) I'd say he's easily top tier honestly.

I’m maining Cassie because she’s my favorite character but can someone tell me what makes her as good as Reo thinks? From my experience she seems okay nothing screams top tier to me.
It's probably her extremely strong neutral tools and buttons. Low gun owns a lot of real estate in a lot of matchup is even a good whiff punisher. Also her high guns being cancellable and chargeable is really solid for controlling people in the neutral / zoning battle as well, keeps people crouched in place. f41 is safe 9frame hit confirmable mid which is neutral on stagger and creates spacing on stagger, having a 9 frame mid is tremendously valuable in the counter poke battle and neutral battle. b24 is also one of the best advancing mids in the game and can also be staggered to create spacing. f2 1+3 plus on block crushing blow. Solid anti-air conversions as well. Also valuable standing reset which guarantees a f4. Even her ex upkick is safe, she's a very strong neutral character whose buttons apply decent pressure and has great whiff punishing. It's very difficult to zone her and if she outzones you she has a lot of control. Her b3 has solid value and anti-airs from range as well. Very strong kit but doesn't have horrifying mixups like the top tiers.

MGTarkus

Kohustle
I really dislike how often people use S tier. S to me says "Something is fucked, you almost certainly need to play someone from here". Is the balance really that wack right now? Doesn't seem to be that bad, (although it's clearly not great)
That’s because there is something fucked about those characters. Sub zero and scorpion are debatable but geras erron and Sonya are damn near broke in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Sazbak

Noob
I don't want to be too late with this, so without further ado here is my Injustice 3 tier list based on -2 or -3 years of playing it.

S tier: Superman, Supergirl, Captain America
A tier: Thanos(his 50/50 is insane), Mr.Freeze, Shazam
B: The Power Rangers

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
So what you’re saying is that you personally can’t react to it and punish it so it’s safe.

I’m not sure what to tell you.

She either cancels and gets the combo (corner only) which is punishable. She cancels into leg grab (which is punishable) or goes into overhead (which is punishable).

Like what do you want? Each option is -14/-19

If they go for leg grab on block they get a whopping 80 damage and risk full combo punish. If they go for energy rings they get d2 and waste a bar of offensive meter.

It’s a 50/50. It is strong. It is not safe.
No dude... Me (and everyone else) can "personally" not react to 12fr. It's a read. I went ELI5 on that, I'm sorry it didn't connect.. ?
You just listed 2 options she can do after the low/overhead.... just tell me... what happens when the receiving player keeps blocking after Sonya chose Low/Overhead into Energy Ring...?

Safe mix?? She doesn't have safe mix! Her B123 ( is high, OH, Mid and very unsafe) it's also her only launcher for combo so all that damage is linked to the unsafe overhead.
Her B14 is safe but not hit confirmable so minimal damage. Both B14/B12 start high at 9f so it's easily stuffed up close.

Then her only safe overhead B234 has a long gap in it and it's reactible both on overhead and fake out. It can be s1/D1 to stop the safe overhead that doesn't lead to popup.

Her 333D+3 doesn't come out on block so no overhead there. Her only real safe mix is a low. She does have mix-up and is very strong but not overpowered. It's a week in and people are asking for Nerfs before learning matchups.
Not directed at you moreso the community:
Same shit different game. The let's Nerf every character I don't main and buff my main into S tier mentality has to go. People being jealous of other characters tools has to go. If your character has fundamental flaws get buffs a month in but don't Nerf characters just because you feel they are better than yours.
Please read.
"Starts high at 9fr so it's easily stuffed"... ya'll are just jumping through hoops with this ..
"the gap in B234 has room for a d1 poke" ... never once did I mention this string. Her bs comes from B1, she gets 2 guessing situations, where the latter can make the former safe. Knock it off -_-

And yes man, the motive of every player is always questionable, I just want this game to be decent, you can check for yourself if that's genuine or not.

The "powerlevel" of this string is debatable, saying however, THAT IT IS NOT A SAFE MIX, is not debatable. She may "need" it, but only because Erron has an even dumber mixup situation. Why not just get rid of both ?

Last edited: