What's new

Reo's MK 11 Tier list

Wigy

There it is...
yes, but Johnny has better anti-airs and pokes. Also Erron's (arguably) Best Mid is Flawlessable. I won't sit here and say Johnny is better than Erron, but he does have things that are better than Erron's. If Johnny had workable Krushing Blows (including but not limited to a Throw KB) I'd say he's easily top tier honestly.
He gets bodied by Cassie I'm pretty sure. She can low shots beat projectiles and sk she had very good neutral and she can duck his forceballs on block.

He's good but is very much hindered by the small crouching hitboxes at the moment. Also fastest mid is like 14 frames which creates problems

Aforementioned total lack of crushing blows as well

Why do they call it S tier instead of A tier? If you’re going to use letters for your tiers, it seems weird not to have A as the top one.

What made that become a thing?

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
Why do they call it S tier instead of A tier? If you’re going to use letters for your tiers, it seems weird not to have A as the top one.

What made that become a thing?
I want to say its from Arcade games ranking system. And in this context normally S and S+ is getting towards the broken or braindead level good while As are good but still honest characters.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
So I know this may create a lot of controversy due to the game just coming out, but Reo has just made a tier list for the game so this is not some scrub like me making the tier list. Reo is a highly accomplished player with multiple top 8 placings, runner-up at Evo twice and just an overall very smart fighting game player so I think his opinion carries a lot of weight. People are still figuring out the game, of course, but I always think tier lists are very entertaining and create a lot interesting conversation. With that being said, I'll upload the video with the tier list below. Enjoy guys!

S Tier : Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero

A+ Tier: Baraka, Cassie Cage, Jax, Lui Kang, Noob Saibot

A Tier: Cetrion, Jacqui, Kabal, Kollector, Scarlet

A- Tier: Jade, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden

B Tier: D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn
Switch Cassie and jade. then I am happy
and raise Noob and scorpion to b tier ATLEAST

Last edited:

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Guys, this isn't Street Fighter or Tekken. It's typically relatively easy to see who is "weak" vs "strong" in NRS fighters pretty quickly. There will always be some complex characters that act as outliers and some hot takes that end up being wrong, but seeing who has the tools and who doesn't isn't hard. The middle of the pack is always going to be in flux.

Most critical-thinking high level players can tell after 1 week that Erron, Sonya, SubZero, Geras and Noob feel above average and Kotal, Shao, and DVorah feel below average--even if some of them end up as slightly better or worse than initial impressions deem.

Last edited:

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Guys, this isn't Street Fighter. It's typically relatively easy to see who is "weak" vs "strong" in NRS fighters pretty quickly. There will always be some complex characters that act as outliers and some hot takes that end up being wrong, but seeing who has the tools and who doesn't isn't hard.

Most critical-thinking high level players can tell after 1 week that Erron, Sonya, SubZero, Geras and Noob feel above average and Kotal, Shao, and Frost feel below average--even if some of them end up as slightly better or worse than initial impressions deem.
Frost below average? I have not lost but once with her!

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Guys, this isn't Street Fighter. It's typically relatively easy to see who is "weak" vs "strong" in NRS fighters pretty quickly. There will always be some complex characters that act as outliers and some hot takes that end up being wrong, but seeing who has the tools and who doesn't isn't hard.

Most critical-thinking high level players can tell after 1 week that Erron, Sonya, SubZero, Geras and Noob feel above average and Kotal, Shao, and Frost feel below average--even if some of them end up as slightly better or worse than initial impressions deem.
Typically easy, yet this community doesn't find out the true dirt for months, and has been that way since MK9.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Also, I can agree with this for an initial impressions list. Shit can change in the following months, balance patch or not.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I mean Johnny's other variation you're just taking 3 slots that replace preexisting base moves, all of which are worse than the base moves (minus the flip kick) other variation gets 3 news moves.

Shao Khan has a 120 recovery taunt that has a debuff which lasts a few seconds in one of his tournament variationss

They must be smoking some blue whale sized joints at NRS
Right.... I was arguing nothing more than that Scorpion got the good end of the stick

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
First time in my life that the character I pick to main in a game is considered high tier.

I expect the first balance patch to nerf the hell out of him.

Evil J

Evil Magistrata
"Nerf This" Tier: Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero, Baraka, Liu Kang, Kabal, Kollector

"Will Be Fine If Those Get Nerfed" Tier: Noob Saibot, Cassie Cage, Jax, Skarlet, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden

"Buff This" Tier: Jade, Cetrion, Jacqui, Kitana, D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn

Here, my tier list.
What's yours, guys?
Chill on my man Kollector he already lost the ability to cancel AT ALL because of that infinite he had day 1. He's not that amazing, I think he's right in between "will be fine if those get nerfed" and "buff this". They really need to fix his combos not converting right with his bolas.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
Typically easy, yet this community doesn't find out the true dirt for months, and has been that way since MK9.
You're absolutely right. And some characters are going to move around. But this is far from a hot take initial tier list. It's very logical and obvious who the handful of strong and weak characters are.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I agree with this list on the characters I've played myself, Noob, Sonya and Cass. They're all really strong, Sonya and Noob being really good for beginners too. Tho I feel like Kano could be a bit higher on the list, he definitely has good pressure tools.

SxS626

Noob
all jacqui needs is faster mobility and longer dashes and she'll be A+ easily. it would easily make up for her lack of long ranged attacks if she had an easier time getting in close distance against zoners

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Chill on my man Kollector he already lost the ability to cancel AT ALL because of that infinite he had day 1. He's not that amazing, I think he's right in between "will be fine if those get nerfed" and "buff this". They really need to fix his combos not converting right with his bolas.
I literally think the only thing that needs to negatively change about him is f1 being such a universal safe button to press for all situations. He could then have his lackluster moves adjusted so he's a blast to play.
I never wanted any character to become inert and unplayable, I just want to see the game move away from the "one button character" concept and become a versatile and fun game to play.

Wigy

There it is...
all jacqui needs is faster mobility and longer dashes and she'll be A+ easily. it would easily make up for her lack of long ranged attacks if she had an easier time getting in close distance against zoners
Her shimmy game is so good against some characters, but long range d1s are a pain, if her walk speed was better there she'd be so great to play up close as well

Evil J

Evil Magistrata
I literally think the only thing that needs to negatively change about him is f1 being such a universal safe button to press for all situations. He could then have his lackluster moves adjusted so he's a blast to play.
I never wanted any character to become inert and unplayable, I just want to see the game move away from the "one button character" concept and become a versatile and fun game to play.
I do find myself using f1 more than anything else.
Agreed. His f1 is very strong and I use it 70 maybe 80% of the time.