What's new

Reo's MK 11 Tier list

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
So I know this may create a lot of controversy due to the game just coming out, but Reo has just made a tier list for the game so this is not some scrub like me making the tier list. Reo is a highly accomplished player with multiple top 8 placings, runner-up at Evo twice and just an overall very smart fighting game player so I think his opinion carries a lot of weight. People are still figuring out the game, of course, but I always think tier lists are very entertaining and create a lot interesting conversation. With that being said, I'll upload the video with the tier list below. Enjoy guys!

S Tier : Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero

A+ Tier: Baraka, Cassie Cage, Jax, Lui Kang, Noob Saibot

A Tier: Cetrion, Jacqui, Kabal, Kollector, Scarlet

A- Tier: Jade, Johnny Cage, Kano, Kitana, Kung Lao, Raiden

B Tier: D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn

is frost actually that trash? those long range attacks annoyed the fuk outta me the first couple times I fought her, but I admittedly did not lab it. and her zoning seems annoying AF to go against
long buttons? idk man her pokes are super short.

I really dislike how often people use S tier. S to me says "Something is fucked, you almost certainly need to play someone from here". Is the balance really that wack right now? Doesn't seem to be that bad, (although it's clearly not great)
i honestly don't think there is even a modern fighting game with D tier characters.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
I love Reo's statements regarding Skarlet. Overtime in the future Skarlet players will eventually have to put in more work and effort, and it's going to be hard to get a W with Skarlet.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Good. Now that a bunch of established high level players are posting literal one week tier lists, I don't wanna hear anything about only scrubs/casuals/noobs judge the game too early.
It doesn't matter who you are or what your name is. Creating a tier list in one week is lame since you can't get enough experience in matchups, and matchups are what determine tier positions.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
"Nerf This" Tier: Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero, Baraka, Liu Kang, Kabal, Kollector

"Will Be Fine If Those Get Nerfed" Tier: Noob Saibot, Cassie Cage, Jax, Skarlet, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden

"Buff This" Tier: Jade, Cetrion, Jacqui, Kitana, D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn

Here, my tier list.
What's yours, guys?

"Nerf This" Tier: Erron Black, Geras, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Sub Zero, Baraka, Liu Kang, Kabal, Kollector

"Will Be Fine If Those Get Nerfed" Tier: Noob Saibot, Cassie Cage, Jax, Skarlet, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden

"Buff This" Tier: Jade, Cetrion, Jacqui, Kitana, D' Vorah, Frost, Kotal Kahn, Shao Kahn

Here, my tier list.
What's yours, guys?
i think NRS should chill with the Nerfs cause i think if Jax get another nerf he will disapear from the roster. But serriously not making character viable by over nerfing is even worst than having them OP cause at least they are fun.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
i think NRS should chill with the Nerfs cause i think if Jax get another nerf he will disapear from the roster. But serriously not making character viable by over nerfing is even worst than having them OP cause at least they are fun.
The nature of game design dictates that they're reducing effectiveness rather than increasing it. From the looks of it, the upper echelon are more likely to catch a nerf than anyone a buff.

Reasonably though, it would make more sense to see which characters have legitimate struggles in certain matchups and see what can be done about those.
On the other hand, I think that Sub's mixup, for example, needs to be glaringly unsafe on block and on whiff, given how powerful it is, and Scorpion's teleport needs looked at. Its cancel needs to also be unsafe.

The nature of game design dictates that they're reducing effectiveness rather than increasing it. From the looks of it, the upper echelon are more likely to catch a nerf than anyone a buff.

Reasonably though, it would make more sense to see which characters have legitimate struggles in certain matchups and see what can be done about those.
On the other hand, I think that Sub's mixup, for example, needs to be glaringly unsafe on block and on whiff, given how powerful it is, and Scorpion's teleport needs looked at. Its cancel needs to also be unsafe.
i think they should balance it that everyone has some dumb shit. and not over nerf the tops. Buff the lows

and for scorpion the only nerf he would need is to not be able to amplify his teleport on block.