R.I.P. Blue Blood

Discussion in 'Geras' started by Living Corpse, Mar 6, 2019.

1. So they got rid of his blue blood, something about it not looking impactful.

2. Good, the blue blood was goofy af anyway

3. I like when some of the non-human characters have different colored blood. Geras is some kind of construct, I don't expect him to have red blood when I see his face is a bunch of panels.

4. I get what you're saying and, yeah, I like different shades of the red stuff as well. It really did just seem off, maybe a darker blue would have suited better.

Circus and Johnny Based Cage like this.
  5. colby4898

colby4898 Special Forces Sonya Up-player

Reminded of the film 'At Worlds End' lol

ChatterBox likes this.
  6. Same.

Yeah, it was a different shade of blue than Cyber Sub Zero. Stuff was almost florescent.

7. trufenix

trufenix www.youtube.com/thetrufenix

PSN:
    trufenix
    XBL:
    trufenix
    Steam:
    trufenix
    More like red blood is probably going to be a vital component of somebody's fatality.

8. Radam

Radam Noob

I really liked the blue blood, it was something different like Reptile's green blood and now it's gone that pisses me off.
    It had great impact, like white android blood would be cool too. Don't get me wrong red is my favourite, but I like having a couple of unique characters having a different colour.

9. Still like the idea of him bleeding sand seeing as he uses it so much in his moves.

Although it may not work with their blood splatter effects system seeing as it has a different consistency/dynamics compared to a liquid.

10. Wetdoba

Wetdoba Have I humbled you yet?

His eyes and reveals in his body are still blue, he should be blue on the inside, makes no sense. Bright blue blood went with the whole godly sentinel theme he has going on. A different color from humans makes him stand out more like the synthetics from alien. Should change it back for sure

11. Ghost of The Moon

Ghost of The Moon One with the air.

Should've kept it. It's stupid to create characters that are out-worldly, but not on the inside too. Sheeva / Motaro / Reptile with green blood was cool in MK3/UMK3/MK Trilogy. On the same coin, it was cool that some characters in MK9 and MKX had different blood colors (or oil, in the case with the cyborgs).

12. STB Sgt Reed

STB Sgt Reed Online Warrior

I liked the blue personally

13. Jynks

Jynks some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

yeah I liked the blue blood as well. I have a suspicion the blue blood will be back... looks like a "test and see the reaction" type thing. It might have just been to bright or something maybe. As the contrast of the bright blue really stood out.

I also think it is cool to have different blood types for monsters and a kind of magic "oil" for a construct is cool imo.

Living Corpse and Radam like this.
  14. vapid

vapid cyber warlord

Steam:
    mandead88
    I thought it looked great - wish they'd revert that change tbh.

Living Corpse and Radam like this.
  15. I like the change. He looked far too humanoid for the blue blood that it felt rather cartoony.

D'Vorah works for that color I guess. But even then my instinct is to associate physical harm with blood, and blood with that dark red color, so it never feels as impactful when they're spurting out gatorade

Fun fact: the Japanese release of No More Heroes actually changed the color of blood to something other than dark red to skirt around censors. I think this does show how color can really add to the impact of it all.

16. StormGoddess

StormGoddess Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

the blue was fine, it was just too bright and saturated. a darker blue would be cool...

Living Corpse and Jynks like this.
  17. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage The Shangest of Tsungs
    Premium Supporter

Thank god! I never said anything because I wanted to distance myself from all the nitpicky complainers plaguing this place as of late but holy fuck did I hate that Nickelodeon bullshit. Another great change by NRS before the game’s even out yet; good sign!

Circus and Jynks like this.
  18. Jynks

Jynks some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous

While I'm on the other side of this opinion... I respect the hell out of just giving the game some breathing room instead of starting hate threads and polls and stuff...

Radam and Johnny Based Cage like this.
  19. BarakaTile

BarakaTile Noob

To be brutally honest, It looked just as dumb as Cyber Sub-Zeros blood in MK9.

If you want to make him look like a god made construct, have him bleed gold or something.

Rice and Circus like this.
  20. Resistible

Resistible MK fan since '92

I really liked the blue blood and I'm hoping that during the Kano and Cassie Cage Towers of Time at the NRS tour Geras' blood being red was just a temporary build for that particular viewing. Much the same way D'vorah's blood was red before MKX.

Radam likes this.
  21. Shouldn’t have included him at all

22. hatyr

hatyr tease out the impurities
    Premium Supporter

At least my cravings for blueberry Gushers every time I see him fatalitied are gone now.

Vslayer likes this.
  23. haketh

haketh Noob

Steam:
    KOF_XI Player
    Yeah I’m a fan of the blue I hope they revert the change

Radam likes this.
  24. Eddy Wang

Eddy Wang Skarlet scientist

PSN:
    eddywangmk
    Making Skarlet's Javelin blades out of it was fun while it lasted.

Radam and Gamer68 like this.
  25. Gamer68

Gamer68 *Stares blankly*

This is part of the reason why I wish his blood was still blue. Seeing Skarlet with different colored weapons was cool.

Plus, in MK games Reptile or a cyborg or something is usually present and they have different colored blood. I don't think there is anyone in MK11 with different colored blood now that Geras' isn't blue anymore? Seems kinda weird.

Eddy Wang and Radam like this.