What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Offline: b2 xx db1 b EX works EVERY TIME
Online: b2 xx db1 b EX works MAX once per game
This is the sole reason I dropped Quan unless someone can tell me wtf is going on.

macro

Eezeepeezee
So I was planning on putting out that guide but holy crap I just got super busy after I posted that and then now it's Mother's Day. So I really am hoping to be able to put it out tomorrow.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
i bet 100000 koins ur trying to hit confirming online
Well send your coins. I don't hitconfirm a single thing online. It just doesn't come out. Maybe it's because I just hold back? I just do down back (hold) 1. It works in practice tho. I'll try waiting a second before pressing back again.

Well send your coins. I don't hitconfirm a single thing online. It just doesn't come out. Maybe it's because I just hold back? I just do down back (hold) 1. It works in practice tho. I'll try waiting a second before pressing back again.
thats how i do it too and it comes out 100% of the time online and offline, do you have "shortcut input" on? it makes some specials easier by removing the neutral input.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
thats how i do it too and it comes out 100% of the time online and offline, do you have "shortcut input" on? it makes some specials easier by removing the neutral input.
Yes lol. It's the only thing in the game I can't get consistently. For b2 xx bf3 I just do b2 f3 quickly and it works every time off and online.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Thoughts on new Warlock move? They made his string throw an actual move. Wonder if it has armor on wake-up? Waiting on this patch to try Quan again.

I bet its low scoop like shinnoks scoop or aquamans scoop. I wont if they change the animation make it more swaggy lol.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Just tested. Can confirm, it does have armor. I was waiting for a reason to come back to Quan. Ayyy Lmao.

Edit: Also, it allows combos to end same side in the corner. Combo -> cross over jip, F212~Scoop.

Also, can I just say, I love the name. Quan got scoops instead of woolays. I guess that's ok.

Last edited:

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I also need to know about bat. Playing on pc and have a major next week! Is the cool down significant enough to ruin Dink's quanswagger setups? Ive been loving them lately...

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
I haven't plaayed a lot of summoned. Gonna have to ask dink or one of them. I'm mostly Warlock. That being said, I want to play the others more.

Lokheit

Noob
I'm on PC so I can't test the update, I recently started training with Warlock so the new move got my interest. Is it like the final move on his old chain? And if the answer is yes, does it send you through a portal without needing a meterburn like it needed before? It could add a lot to Warlock's game if it works like that (combo intro trance, combo into scoop, combo into portalstab into vortex) and I was already enjoying that variation.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
I'm on PC so I can't test the update, I recently started training with Warlock so the new move got my interest. Is it like the final move on his old chain? And if the answer is yes, does it send you through a portal without needing a meterburn like it needed before? It could add a lot to Warlock's game if it works like that (combo intro trance, combo into scoop, combo into portalstab into vortex) and I was already enjoying that variation.
It does need MB. Same move. Has armor too, though. I'm in the process of testing how reliable it is as a wakeup. Regular scoop is good for side switching or keeping corner after corner trance. The crossover jip leads to combo into scoop, putting them back into corner.

Lokheit

Noob
Thanks for the info, I will have to wait a bit to test it but sounds good enough, I was already liking Warlock so any added stuff is good.