General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Quan Chi' started by Insuperable, Apr 13, 2015.

1. 4_TheUsers

4_TheUsers For the Gods!

yeah ex stab got beat by a standing jab in one of my matches

2. STB Shujinkydink

STB Shujinkydink Burning down in flames for kicks

With the zoning buffs summoner is the best imo

El_Rubio likes this.
  3. PANDEMlC

PANDEMlC El Psy Congroo

XBL:
    PANDEMlC
    Steam:
    Nayr39
    What zoning buffs? Something universal that helps zoning or what? I'm out of the loop.

4. Rostendorf

Rostendorf [FIN]

Yes. But it seems to have some issues. Armour doesn't work correctly all the time.

5. Harlequin969

Harlequin969 Always press buttons

Seems to be a thing with a few characters

6. Shaikhuzzaman

Shaikhuzzaman magicmeerkatman

Explain

7. Shaikhuzzaman

Shaikhuzzaman magicmeerkatman

Yeah I was testing the armour yesterday using Jason and I didn't get the 3 hits of armour once, maybe the time the armour is active is just really small

8. The_Tile

The_Tile Just a sip, and an overhead, and a low, yeah.

I think with the universal armor changes, and characters just being more meter intensive, Sorcerer is finally gonna be better than Summoner because of the meter drain.

He still safe 50/50s you in the corner, can still zone very well and the opponent won't ever be able to armor if you manage their meter properly with the purple spell.

With that being said, the difference between them is probably going to be so small it doesn't matter so im most likely sticking to Summoner myself anyway.

Aramonde and Poshib like this.
  9. for me it's only on paper, but the entirety of why i picked summoner was overwhelming offense and by far the strongest mixups with the htbs and vortex.

edit: made it a spoiler since it's an irrelevant tl;dr for most people, i'd assume. just thought i'd explain for whomever was asking me.
    in general i really dislike the design of zoning in this game and i find it's usually either too strong in a bad (read: fraudulent) way, or it's too weak to be reliable.

so, of course i wouldn't like a change that changes him into a focus i dislike. the warlock vortex along with portal kick and alleged armor makes him seem far superior, especially since i don't think the zoning will be much weaker than summoners at harrassing (only lower damage from the zoning itself,) but with a much stronger up-close defense and mixup game.

i also think sorc can contend with summoner as i think sorc might have the stronger setplay with runes, and i think fullscreen armor/meter rune arguably makes him the strongest zoner as he can reliably trade/counterzone at fullscreen. i think that strength seems stronger as a reliable gameplan than simply getting more damage off zoning, but admittedly all of this is on-paper, and i'm sure i disgust most of the loyalists here with how easily i discard him, but this is just how i feel!

edit: thought a bit more about it but summoners corner game might still be stronger than sorcerer as i assume he'll still have the 141 hard knockdown htbs into damage which should be loopable, right? depending on how good his damage is he might still be okay with strong corner carry and mid/fullscreen unbreakables (are they still unbreakable or have there been some change?)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  10. The_Tile

Actually I've just thought, his zoning took a little hit with ExSkull losing some of its advantage.

If it still frame traps into skull full screen then he'll be fine, well he'll be fine anyway don't get me wrong, the move may just have a lot less utility now. Pre patch ExSkull was the best projectile in the game, maybe even one of the best moves full stop.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Shaikhuzzaman and Rude like this.
  11. Kooron Nation

Kooron Nation More Ass and Tits for MK11

12. Aramonde

Aramonde Noob

Whats wrong with it?

13. Kooron Nation

Kooron Nation More Ass and Tits for MK11

I couldn't find it on YouTube for some reason earlier today, but it's all good it popped up again

14. STB Shujinkydink

Gave me a heart attack man lol

El_Rubio, yaro86 and The_Tile like this.
  15. legion666

legion666 Noob

@WhoIsYams wanted to make sure you see these if you are coming back to Quan, how practical do you think this will be?

16. The_Tile

Oh yeah if you run cancel into trance after the midscreen throw one you can get meterless trance to hit. It feels a bit inconsistent though tbh.

legion666 and Shaikhuzzaman like this.
  17. ArnKratos @PSN: Aram_M

ArnKratos @PSN: Aram_M NEW PSN: ArnKratos

Hello everyone! I am ArnKratos, the best quan in CIS, and I am looking for good and strong sorcerer player in EU. If there is no quan players I need a East Quan sorcerer player but with videos of gameplays.

18. STB Shujinkydink

we are not worthy. I suggest you try the AI on Very Hard

El_Rubio and The_Tile like this.
  19. ArnKratos @PSN: Aram_M

ArnKratos @PSN: Aram_M NEW PSN: ArnKratos

XD. I want to learn a sorcerer professional player's tactics for my future guide

20. shura30

shura30 Shura

PSN:
    shura30_
    XBL:
    Vision Shura30
    Steam:
    shura30
    don't jump on him, not that it matters but I have him on my fl and he's a strong player as most of the non english russian players

21. WhoIsYams

WhoIsYams That Game Store

Yo this stuff is beautiful. God bless real ones like you and @The_Tile for finding new stuff during the dark times. I'm not worthy lol

legion666 and The_Tile like this.
  22. actually, having played a fair bit now, i've changed my opinion and i agree more with you guys. warlock is useless, and summoner is better than i thought. summoner zoning in general is actually stronger than i would've expected on paper, so i'll have to rescind my earlier statement saying there's no point to go summoner over the others.

with that said, though, i personally prefer sorcerer, and i still don't really find summoner that strong outside of some matchups. i even prefer sorcerer for zoning/counterzoning over summoner, because if i hit a fullscreen rune, the armor portal generally feels like it gives me way more momentum and counterzoning strength than just bat summon does (for instance, against an ermac, even if i get a bat summon after full screen kd, when i send back/do another special, if i don't hold block, i can easily get tagged by a random teleport. whereas the armor spell prevents those concerns and you don't have to hesitate so much with the zoning itself.)

i also think dark magic is pretty good as i feel the game itself seems a lot more meter-dependent.

the only downside to sorcerer now is the fact that hex seems to have no practical applications at all anymore, which is very weird to me. like, can anyone tell me what's the point of the move now?

edit: one solution i could think of would be to make hex add additional blockstun so he could jail like previously, without affecting him outside of hex.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  23. Johnny Based Cage

Johnny Based Cage Day 0 Phenomenal Kintaro Main
    Premium Supporter

Oh shit waddup Skyrim Special Edition

[​IMG]

Marinjuana, El_Rubio and Aramonde like this.