What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Thanks for the info, I will have to wait a bit to test it but sounds good enough, I was already liking Warlock so any added stuff is good.
Yeah, the first the thing I tested was if it can be comboed into. The second thing was if it had armor. Both were verified so I figure the move can't be all bad. I'm sure the Quan community can figure out something for it. It's also very deceiving. He lunges forward a good deal before grabbing their feet. It looks like it can be used to anticipate a footsie or mid/close range projectile and armor through it, leading to combo. Gonna have a fun couple days ahead of me working to see what I can come up with.

Thank nrs for not nerfing summoner more. That 1 second cool down is fine with me. But if it was 5+seconds I would of died inside . Especially with tourney coming up Sunday

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
How are this combos in summoner now? Vortexes affected? Bat combos into bat summon vortex affected? I'm on PC so no way to test out how much this nerf affects him. Really hoping I don't have to not use bat in a combo just so it won't go on a cooldown for the vortex. The zoning I can manage(although it will be missed) but if his bnbs are affected I honestly might just switch to sorcerer.

Last edited:

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
so.. why did they remove his portal grab string in warlock ?
It got turned into a new move. Affectionately referred to as scoop. Df1.

I love this Warlock buff. Do we actually have a wakeup now?

Ex scoop, 4 trance, jp1 f2122, run, 14grab does 32%
That was my primary testing today. Warlock actually seems to be fairly well balanced. It's a good "beginner quan" while also being extremely viable in hands of a quan player. I've put down subzero for now, and moved back to quan like I was on release.

Aramonde

Noob
Yes! I love the portal slam and they took it and made it its own move! I love warlock even more now!

A video i found of the scoop being used.

Lokheit

Noob
Yes! I love the portal slam and they took it and made it its own move! I love warlock even more now!

Can't test it but I think it will deal more damage with a JIP over the tranced opponent so the scoop returns him to the corner and then finishing with portal grab instead of F3.

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy

This makes me crazy excited to try this stuff out. That move alone is what got me excited for Quan pre-release

Sonho

POTH makes me question my sexuallity
Whats the best way to punish KJ on block? Im talking about the db3 and bd3 in the staff variation? I b1 and b2 seem to do a decent job but the timing is rather harsh..

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
I found this:
Corner
(jip)F2122, NJP, j1, 4, 4~trance, backdash, jip(crosses over), F212~ex scoop, j2, run, 21~close rune.
About 40% and leaves opponent cornered. It can probably be simplified for similar damage, but it works. I'll get a video up later when I get off work.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Dude it's a low yes
I found this:
Corner
(jip)F2122, NJP, j1, 4, 4~trance, backdash, jip(crosses over), F212~ex scoop, j2, run, 21~close rune.
About 40% and leaves opponent cornered. It can probably be simplified for similar damage, but it works. I'll get a video up later when I get off work.
At this moment, I'm really doubting that scoop is going to be used in mid combo for damage. It'll be to reverse position at the end if we need it, and also as a long range footsie tool (though risky as shit), and an advancing armor move. Wait, it does have armor right?

It won't make much sense to use the meter on an ex scoop in combo when ex rune does so much more damage.

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Dude it's a low yes

At this moment, I'm really doubting that scoop is going to be used in mid combo for damage. It'll be to reverse position at the end if we need it, and also as a long range footsie tool (though risky as shit), and an advancing armor move. Wait, it does have armor right?

It won't make much sense to use the meter on an ex scoop in combo when ex rune does so much more damage.
I didn't make it clear. This combo leaves the opponent cornered after starting a corner combo already. Does warlock already have a corner combo after trance that keeps them cornered?

Oh and yeah, it has armor.

Edit: now that I think about it...

F2122, njp, 4, 4-trance, F212exrune, (ender) is probably similar damage and keeps them cornered too. Hmmm...oh well. we have a wakeup.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Dude it's a low yes
I didn't make it clear. This combo leaves the opponent cornered after starting a corner combo already. Does warlock already have a corner combo after trance that keeps them cornered?

Oh and yeah, it has armor.

Edit: now that I think about it...

F2122, njp, 4, 4-trance, F212exrune, (ender) is probably similar damage and keeps them cornered too. Hmmm...oh well. we have a wakeup.
Yes. No f2122, 4, 4exrune, njp, 14trance, jb2, f212grab does 48 in the corner and keeps them there

Last edited:

sIllverback

Lin Kuei Grandmaster
Dude it's a low yes

Yes. No f2122, 4, 4exrune, njp, 14trance, jb2, f212rune does 48 in the corner and keeps them there
Damn. Scoop too swaggy. Wish it had a use inside combos. Either way, between wakeups and advancing armor, it'll see it's fair share of use so I get to use it often.

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
i dont know much about quan chi, but hasnt warlock become better with a low Special instead of that string?
pretty much. It gave him an armored advancing move, which is absolutely fantastic on wake up. My sparring buddy used to go full HAM on me whenever he got me cornered. Now if I have a bar, and he gets me there, he has to either jump (punishable) or respect my wake up option, because if he chances more corner pressure, I get to switch places and deal great damage.

Quan went from being one of the worst characters with his back against the wall, to someone who has to at least be kept in check. I was trying my best to pick up Summoner, but now I really don't feel the rush to anymore, Warlock got some love that i'm fairly certain took most of us by surprise.

Can someone tell me how his summoner 50/50 works? It seems unblockable. People are using the overhead seemingly at the same time the bat hits low and I cant escape without armor.

Can someone tell me how his summoner 50/50 works? It seems unblockable. People are using the overhead seemingly at the same time the bat hits low and I cant escape without armor.
This game doesn't allow overhead and low to hit on the same frame, if they do both hits become mids. When Quan is mixing you up he makes low and overhead happen a frame or a couple of frames apart. He can set it up differently but usually Quans go for a set up when low hits first and in a couple of frames comes the overhead so you have to block low first than stand up as soon as possible.

SO warlock gets has two armor moves and The other variations still have to eat 50/50 on knockdown with the useless wakeup, thats not fair... atleast give sorcerer a viable wakeup.

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
SO warlock gets has two armor moves and The other variations still have to eat 50/50 on knockdown with the useless wakeup, thats not fair... atleast give sorcerer a viable wakeup.
I feel like sorc should get spells on wake-up. That's the only thing I can think of that would be easy to implement. Maybe do something with the purple rune and wake up options? Spitballing really. At this point you just have to know how to deal with the knockdown which I'm okay with.