What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Please no Quan Chi bandwagoners.

So j2 into B+2 after combo starters? Saw Chef doing that a lot. Guess I'll have to test it's consistency and if it works in all strings. Oh and the uppercut ender to send fullscreen, curious to see if it's more damage than b324. Neat stuff, too bad we didn't see the fancy double uppercut combos in the corner. Probably showcased in his max damage output vids.

Last edited:

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Yo chef winning the first major with Quan Cheedle?!!! That NJ1 doin amazing work all tourney. Chef played SOO damn well, that was really hype

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Hello guys! I am playing quan chi and I am liking him very much! I use the summoner variation and he feels like Freddy from mk9 but better! Shower I am having one problem and it is making me want to kill myself. I have release check and such set to off but when I block low and go to punish with b2 or b3 bat summon or skull comes out and I get blown up and it makes me look like a scrub. Anybody else having this problem?

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Never mind figured it out! It was because I was rolling to b instead of releasing and giving a crisp press to back. Go I'm horrible at this game lol.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Well guys, I'm sorry I have to say this but I'm droppig the Quan Chibi. I will still be finding tech and such, but for my main will now be Jason and Jason only.

Btw there will be some Quan videos for tech coming up that you should look out for (Sorceror only).

Just starting out playing Quan Chi wondering what people are havig more luck with I like the warloack variation but havent tried the others just wondering where to start.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Just starting out playing Quan Chi wondering what people are havig more luck with I like the warloack variation but havent tried the others just wondering where to start.
Most people play summoner.

I haven't touched the others, seen some Warlock, looks ok, doesn't do enough though. If you want the best go summoner. Don't know enough about sorcerer to say where it's ranked, probably better than Warlock though.

Most people play summoner.

I haven't touched the others, seen some Warlock, looks ok, doesn't do enough though. If you want the best go summoner. Don't know enough about sorcerer to say where it's ranked, probably better than Warlock though.
Awesome thanks man I'll try him out.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I know this is kind of a random question but who are your guys secondaries? I'm finding it really hard to get into anyone other than Quan. I've been dabbling in War God Kotal but is there anyone you guys play that you think has that sort of uniqueness similar to Quan? While Kotal is nice and all I don't find his core gameplay to be all that interesting.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
While i consider myself to be a Cyber Kano main as of now, i was a die hard Loyalist to Quan in MK9. That he's top tier does nothing but warm my heart.

Looking at the character, particularly in summoner, he feels like a momentum/setplay character with great zoning.

My concerns are for his defensive/footsie options. How does he fight high pressure characters like Cassie or Liu Kang? Or characters with long range moves like D'Vorah. I understand that once he gets a trance that the momentum, constant 50/50 guessing game is extremely powerful.

My question is, do you fish for a d3 in neutral and go straight for the 50/50? How do you all feel about his footsie/nuetral options?

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Any matchup help against lao? and is there much quan can do against lao in the corner?
Maaaaan in a few matchups, where the opponent can easily just sit on top of quan, I've started to always save a bar to ex interactable. Its been good to me since you can mash it while holding block, and tech rolling/delaying wake up(when people start getting set ups for different wake ups we'll have to completely respect the mix ups people will bring to the table to an extent). Tbh I only really use exdb4 as a reaction to punish certain options the opponent has when I jump, but I feel it's seldom worth the meter spent

My question is, do you fish for a d3 in neutral and go straight for the 50/50? How do you all feel about his footsie/nuetral options?
I prefer to stay at d4 range and bully with his longer normals+nj2, try to clip jumps with b1xxtrance, and backdashing into NJ2/b2 if their recovering from something stupid. Not to say d3 isn't extremely useful, I mean b23 isn't safe and d3 is, but I just don't like to stay in the range d3 hits(mostly use it stop the opponents momentum).

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
Maaaaan in a few matchups, where the opponent can easily just sit on top of quan, I've started to always save a bar to ex interactable. Its been good to me since you can mash it while holding block, and tech rolling/delaying wake up(when people start getting set ups for different wake ups we'll have to completely respect the mix ups people will bring to the table to an extent). Tbh I only really use exdb4 as a reaction to punish certain options the opponent has when I jump, but I feel it's seldom worth the meter spent

I prefer to stay at d4 range and bully with his longer normals+nj2, try to clip jumps with b1xxtrance, and backdashing into NJ2/b2 if their recovering from something stupid. Not to say d3 isn't extremely useful, I mean b23 isn't safe and d3 is, but I just don't like to stay in the range d3 hits(mostly use it stop the opponents momentum).
thanks. I haven't really been using tech rolls are delayed wake ups in MKX. Need to really start using all of my tools. Thanks for the response btw