What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

I might be stupid but the movelist says that quan*s forward+4 is a low hit but in practice mode it says it's a mid.. what ?

Last edited:

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
B2 is negative in hit? So you always have to cancel into exrune? Is that data correct?
Seems to be the case, finally played against someone who punished me. Didn't realize it was unsafe, also that doing normal rune on block is unsafe... lol, gotta take some time adjusting my play style since I used B2's like crazy.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
What do you guys use as your fastest punish string? F21 is 8 frame startup and hits mid, would that be good enough? Combos into trance and ex rune.

I'm also trying to figure out how to do combos from the corner while putting them into the corner as well. Seems like after any trance you just time the cross up punch into whatever you want but it's also important to keep them from flying too far away in the combo, so they're closer to the corner when you swap sides. Seems like ending with 21 bat is pretty good, swaps the sides and leaves you safe with a bat with them in the corner. You can potentially bait out a reversal and punish and it also gives you safe mixups because of the bat if they sit still. I think it's really important to learn these type of setups because for me getting cornered as Quan happens a fair amount.

I don't know, just brainstorming, I really want a in corner bnb to reverse sides. If you guys have any ideas I'd love to hear some.

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
Sorry if I missed this but b342 seeks to not be -13. I was playing a clan mate yesterday and he couldn't punish with a 7 frame poke. A safe low launcher will be good news :)

Wallach

Noob
B324 is definitely unsafe, whether it is exactly -13 or not (though to me that looks correct). Your friend was probably not coming out of blockstun immediately. You can set the AI on Sub-Zero to reversal w/ Icy Slide (which is 8 frames) and it'll punish well before you recover.

Last edited:

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
It's always fun doing the trance, bat summon, d3/3/4, down bat, B+2, trance/exrune on unsuspecting players. Especially those that don't use breaker. HIt em once and they're dead.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
So, two things:

1) Always liked Quan in theory
2) Really busy + need to do lots of other stuff with the game too

Anyone want to give me a quick rundown on what this guy's all about in MKX?

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
I don't want to make a separate thread for it because it's not a big deal but it's something that's important to keep in mind. There's a glitch(I'm assuming) with Puggles where if you instantly resummon him as the opponent is getting knocked fullscreen and the camera is panning quickly(to the point where puggles is barely visible) he will die instantly as he comes out and will not be allowed to resummon. I found this out because I was doing b+2 after my starters/launchers and ending my fullscreen/bat/zoning setups with b324 bat hit, resummon and puggles would just disappear. Went into training mode and bam, easily testable. You can do it anytime the bat hits, just summon him as as soon as he hits and if the opponent is getting knocked fullscreen like the bat tends to do and you're up close at this point puggles goes bye bye. The easy way to avoid this is to just either one, don't insta summon or two, let them fall a bit before resummoning after it hits.

If you're fullscreen zoning this doesn't effect anything, mostly just means you have to be careful if you're comboing with it into zoning.

Anyways thought it was important to at least note, and it's a pretty bizarre glitch. Hopefully it gets patched out. Here's a shitty quick vid to show you the general idea.

EDIT: Of course minutes after writing this and making this vid I see Ketchup found the same thing.

And apparently camera has nothing to do with it, it deletes the bat any time you insta summon the mid bat.

Last edited:

STB Shujinkydink

Are Ex runes, bat and skulls unreakable? I use them to end rounds with people at 2 meters, I should probably test that now. Usually just trance and if they haven't broke out yet, bat summon, close ex rune, ex rune, far ex rune, mid bat, far rune. Or some version of that.
Yeah I was just curious cause my midscreen bnb does 37% one bar but an extra 5% for another bar and leaves them full screen. Couldn't decide if it was worth it lol

Quan Chi is one of my favorites. I use the summoner most of the time for good zoning. I have some pretty good combos with him as well. ~> 2,1,2, <~,~>,3, <~ 3,2,4 followed by a quick uppercut.

macro

Eezeepeezee
Yeah I was just curious cause my midscreen bnb does 37% one bar but an extra 5% for another bar and leaves them full screen. Couldn't decide if it was worth it lol
Depending what string you start with Quan can get 37 percent with no meter or if you want to spend a bar he gets 42. So the real question is, what string are you using?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You know, I´ve been messing with that stuff too. Double bar combos midscreen, but they just send the opponent flying. And I think we can all see it coming... We´re gonna be using breakers like crazy against some of these characters. I´m looking at you, Jax.

STB Shujinkydink

Depending what string you start with Quan can get 37 percent with no meter or if you want to spend a bar he gets 42. So the real question is, what string are you using?
Starting b2 ex rune. I usually only use combos with mixups unless I'm punishing

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Hey guys, is there any way to combo into trance off of B2 midscreen without meter(aka use bat instead of ex rune)? I'd really like to know, off a d3 rest midscreen I'd like to be able to go back into the vortex with an overhead but I have no idea how I can do that without ex runing.

EDIT: Since I'm basically alone in this thread it seems like the only way I see to combo off B2 with bat meterless is to B2, Low Bat, B2 trance. Which is in Wonder Chefs Bat combo video.

Last edited:

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
So here's some tips on Sorcerer. I'm all about sorcerer my friends.

The armor spell regenerates armor after about 4 seconds. But if you step out about a foot's length from the spell, step back in, it instantly comes back ,regenerating about 6 times.

Standing in front of the Armor spell is fantastic because if they hit you, you cross into the spell, and you fall out Aquaman style. If they jump you can aa easily with the Armor if you fall back into the spell With back1 trance.

The meter drain spell takes about 15% of their bar with a skull or rune, but an ex rune takes close to 70%.

Weird little quirk, an ex skull takes about 30, but any other ex skull only takes 15 like regular skulls.

I find the best time to use meter drain to be the end of a match when you have a life lead. You can take the match and drain a little meter, if you combo them, you can make the last hit a rune.

The activate "hitbox" of the spell seems to extend vertically to the top of the screen, which means you can even be protected from air to air and aa attacks as well.

Last edited: