What's new

PROTECT WOMEN IN THE FGC!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Under title 9 in the US you can’t even consent to sex if you’re drunk. It’s the reason why I don’t attend any parties despite being in college.
Oh really? In Canada, we don't have that. Consent is consent even if you're drunk or high.

Well, there are several points to adress here.
1; guys coming with the "what about males doooh, we also get hurt". First, you know it is not the same at all, and in no way near in numbers. Every female I know has suffered at least one episode of sexual harassment, most way more than that. Be honest guys, when was the last time you got sexually harassed? Get the fuck out with that bullshit. Second, in a big, big number of cases, men are the offenders too against another men. I know it, you know it, we all know it. This doesn't mean that women cannnot be aggresive, it's just an enormous difference in numbers. It's not even a close, i'd say it's at least a 1-9 match-up
2; Saying that men are the usual offenders doesn't mean we are all rapist. It means we can all be one. Women don't have a soul scanner in their eyes, they can't look at you and say "welp, this dude is good, i can trust him". Try to imagine encountering a pitbull in a dark alley. It could be the sweetest dog in the world, but i bet you would be scared anyway.
3; the "woman need no protection, I don't wanna be sexist". Well, you are full of shit. We are people, we all can be vulnerable, and we can all need help. I'm a fairly big guy (over 180 cm and 100 kg), i know and compete in martial arts, I bet I could crush the skulll against the floor of like 99% of people who post here, yet still it is so easy to have problems. What if there are 2 or more guys? What if someone has a knife or a gun? What if they surround you in a dead end? What if they drug you? Saying people need help in an agression is not calling them weak by any means.
4; The "well cover up, you're asking for it". I can't believe people still think that. Gosh.
5; The "you gotta control your surroundings". I get it, the world is a dangerous place, but you shouldn't be obligued to be a paranoid jsut because u were born a woman. And by the way, when they act paranoid they are called out by the same sexist pricks who tell them to be, the same assholes who tell them to cover up and then call them frigid. Those morons need a chemical castration. When aggression happens, we really gotta stop putting the focus in the victim, and just plain condemn the aggresors. I don't get why this is such a hard concept to grasp. No rapist, no rape. You can be the hottest girl in the world, walk naked and drunk in front of me in a dark alley with no one else around, and nothing will ever happen to you except getting help, simply because i'm not a fucking rapist. It's as simple as that.

portent

Noob
3; the "woman need no protection, I don't wanna be sexist". Well, you are full of shit. We are people, we all can be vulnerable, and we can all need help. I'm a fairly big guy (over 180 cm and 100 kg), i know and compete in martial arts, I bet I could crush the skulll against the floor of like 99% of people who post here, yet still it is so easy to have problems. What if there are 2 or more guys? What if someone has a knife or a gun? What if they surround you in a dead end? What if they drug you? Saying people need help in an agression is not calling them weak by any means.
Though I believe more of your post (particularly the "control your surroundings" part) is in regard to my post, this part certainly is, and you're tripping over semantics. You paraphrased me well, using the word "protection", but then you proceeded to use the word "help" the remainder of the way out.

Here's my statement, quoted for accuracy:

I'm sorry, but I cannot buy into this "Protect the women" deal. I know I may get a lot of hate for this, but before browbeating me, read on:

Women are not some delicate little flowers that need to be protected at all times by us hulking, domineering men.

Women are capable, self sufficient people who don't NEED our protection.

I refuse to be so sexist as to assume any woman will ever need to hide behind me.

You want to help women in the FGC? The answer is about honesty and encouragement;
See? I spoke specifically about women not needing protection. I did, however, purposely mention that women (and anyone for that matter, but since this thread was about women in the FGC, I kept my scope specifically to that subject) should be helped with both honesty and encouragement.

I'm not some jerk who will stand idly by while watching a woman get assaulted, that woman needs HELP. What she didn't need, was a full entourage of hulking men to hide behind because she's some tiny, frail little thing that can't possibly be out in the world without us.

Don't twist my words. Read them, understand them. Post about them if you understand them, but don't attack me because you couldn't comprehend what I was saying.

I swim in the deep end. If you can't handle the deeper parts of the pool, worry about your own feet in the kiddie side and remember that sometimes kids are better off seen and not heard during adult time.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@portent Well said dude. Completely agree. When it comes to the law, drugging and abusing someone(regardless of gender) it's all the same at the end of the day, a crime is a crime. I can't stand people who put one gender on a pedestal above the other to try to justify their own personal agenda. Not how it works.

Though I believe more of your post (particularly the "control your surroundings" part) is in regard to my post, this part certainly is, and you're tripping over semantics. You paraphrased me well, using the word "protection", but then you proceeded to use the word "help" the remainder of the way out.

Here's my statement, quoted for accuracy:

See? I spoke specifically about women not needing protection. I did, however, purposely mention that women (and anyone for that matter, but since this thread was about women in the FGC, I kept my scope specifically to that subject) should be helped with both honesty and encouragement.

I'm not some jerk who will stand idly by while watching a woman get assaulted, that woman needs HELP. What she didn't need, was a full entourage of hulking men to hide behind because she's some tiny, frail little thing that can't possibly be out in the world without us.

Don't twist my words. Read them, understand them. Post about them if you understand them, but don't attack me because you couldn't comprehend what I was saying.

I swim in the deep end. If you can't handle the deeper parts of the pool, worry about your own feet in the kiddie side and remember that sometimes kids are better off seen and not heard during adult time.
Well, my dude, do not get caught in semantics. I'm not a native english speaker, I do what I can., but sometimes I fail to deliver my point.
You see, what I mean is, when people say women need protection, they don't necessarily imply they are weak. They just are the ones being assaulted, that's why they need assistance, nor more, nor less. If black people were the ones being assaulted, druged, groped, etc, in a regular basis, people would claim to lend them a hand too. That's all I meant; it's not about male>female here, it's about who are the ones being attacked.
It wasn't specifficaly about you, these are arguments I've hear a lot.

portent

Noob
Well, my dude, do not get caught in semantics. I'm not a native english speaker, I do what I can., but sometimes I fail to deliver my point.
You see, what I mean is, when people say women need protection, they don't necessarily imply they are weak. They just are the ones being assaulted, that's why they need assistance, nor more, nor less. If black people were the ones being assaulted, druged, groped, etc, in a regular basis, people would claim to lend them a hand too. That's all I meant; it's not about male>female here, it's about who are the ones being attacked.
It wasn't specifficaly about you, these are arguments I've hear a lot.
I appreciate the clarification. Please understand, all my comments are rooted in equality, and they always will be.

I don't think it's fair that women need to think about, and re-think every decision they make regarding what they wear and how they express themselves around obvious boys who can't control themselves. That said, it's legal for me to own a gun (I don't, nor would I) and to keep it fully loaded and in view and within reach of my young son. Just because I CAN, doesn't make it a good decision. I never said it was fair. I said the world isn't fair, and "Just Because I Should Be Able To" won't always protect you.

Good decision making is the first step in the direction of safety.

The thing is, our VARIED opinions, and our willingness to express them, discuss them and be open to different ideas, is EXACTLY where change comes from!!!

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
ay, to you ladies out there, bit of advice. Go take a few lessons from a martial arts class or something, a REAL class, not one of them specifically designated women's self defense classes cuz its been proven to not be all that effective. Put a couple of these fools asses on the ground and more people might start thinking twice once they hear about it.

While yes this kinda stuff shouldnt be happening in the fgc, at any sort of party or large gathering, there's always gonna be a chance of someone acting like a douchebag.

people are awful what can i say.
Or just ask em to go easy on you amirite

portent

Noob
Or just ask em to go easy on you amirite
Depends on what you're talking about, and regardless, the answer is no.

If you mean attackers going easy on their victims, then, honestly, really?

If you mean martial arts teachers taking it easy on their female students, then absolutely not! Attackers aren't going to go easy. Always better to be over-prepared instead of not ready.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Depends on what you're talking about, and regardless, the answer is no.

If you mean attackers going easy on their victims, then, honestly, really?

If you mean martial arts teachers taking it easy on their female students, then absolutely not! Attackers aren't going to go easy. Always better to be over-prepared instead of not ready.
This was 100% an in-bad-taste Salads joke, I'm an asshole to Salads, not women

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Attitudes like yours are the reason women don't report half the fucked up shit that they deal with.

You're terrible for society and I hope something happens to you where you can no longer spread these kind of ignorant thoughts to other people.

Have a nice day.
Attitude like mine is the reason 5 women did not get what to report because I knocked the fuck out of the morons that tried at them. Even if I had affairs with the police afterwards, because cops in Eastern Europe aren't as forgiving as American cops.
I don't know what your problem is but see a doctor about it.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

"Over the past several days Capcom has received a number of troubling complaints about Leah "Gllty" Hayes from community members," Capcom's statement starts. "Following a review of these allegations and other information available to us it is clear that there have been multiple violations of our player code of conduct over an extended period.

"We therefore have concluded that we have no choice but to ban "Gllty" from all Capcom owned and/or operated events including Capcom Pro Tour and Street Fighter League until further notice. This is global prohibition, meaning it applies to tournaments and events in any location throughout the world."

"Over the past several days Capcom has received a number of troubling complaints about Leah "Gllty" Hayes from community members," Capcom's statement starts. "Following a review of these allegations and other information available to us it is clear that there have been multiple violations of our player code of conduct over an extended period.

"We therefore have concluded that we have no choice but to ban "Gllty" from all Capcom owned and/or operated events including Capcom Pro Tour and Street Fighter League until further notice. This is global prohibition, meaning it applies to tournaments and events in any location throughout the world."

off topic, I must admit, prettiest trans I've ever seen.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous

Good! Im just mad i voted for the bitch and now it dont count. But at least she got her karma.