What's new

PROTECT WOMEN IN THE FGC!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
That's not entirely true. Some people try to act as normal as they can to forget the incident.
Here in spain there was a really sad case where a girl got gangraped by 5 motherfuckers (been proved already and the guys are in jail). The lawyer of the dudes would say that we could see she was acting normal on her Facebook and etc, trying to imply she was ok, even after the police psychologist checked her and confirmed the classical symptons of a post-rape situation.
Sometimes trying to act normal is just a way to vent things, it's not a good reference.
It is true with most people from what I've seen, like I said everyone is different sure. But most people don't party and dance after a tragedy, they distract themselves sure but I don't know anyone personally who's been through it or that I've read about who's actually been through a tragedy, be it abused, sexually harassed, groped, raped etc, etc And believe me I've had my own bad experiences, not this per-se but bad enough so that I've been effected where I can't just put on a smile, dance or go out etc pretend like everything is ok.

I think the word you're looking for there is analogy, which my point FTR wasn't. Was just a mere observation as someone who's been through bad experiences myself, I am still skeptical of this situation not to mention as many pointed out, lack of evidence. Your example obviously there was enough evidence to convict those guys.

I know it's the lawyer's job to literally say anything to help their client but that's like saying no charges should be pressed against a mugger cause he never physically harmed the people he mugged, just hold them up at knife point.

Another weird thing I notice is when someone says they were raped people are quick to accuse them of lying. Yes lying does happen, but so does arsonists burning down their own house to collect insurance money, yet when someone's house burns down you don't immediately accuse them of being a self inflected arsonist.

Sex makes perfectly reasonable people devolve into irrational morons and sadly sex crimes don't seem to be exempt from that either.
Yeah man, I'm astonished people actually think the victims are lying. Not sure in USA, but in spain, the number of fake rape reports was something like 0'04% of the cases (according to oficial sources, i do not remember the exact number but it was along those lines). It is moronic to asume the victim is lying, and it is true this only happens in very specific scenarios. Namely, woman raped by man. You put it very well with your house example.

It is true with most people from what I've seen, like I said everyone is different sure. But most people don't party and dance after a tragedy, they distract themselves sure but I don't know anyone personally who's been through it or that I've read about who's actually been through a tragedy, be it abused, sexually harassed, groped, raped etc, etc And believe me I've had my own bad experiences, not this per-se but bad enough so that I've been effected where I can't just put on a smile, dance or go out etc pretend like everything is ok.

I think the word you're looking for there is analogy, which my point FTR wasn't. Was just a mere observation as someone who's been through bad experiences myself, I am still skeptical of this situation not to mention as many pointed out, lack of evidence. Your example obviously there was enough evidence to convict those guys.
Well, Maybe i'm missing something, but the situation is the same except for the lack of evidence. It can't be said if the accusation is true or false based solely on that, it's all I mean.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
What hard evidence are you expecting though? It's not like assault victims have easy access to CSI teams. One of the big problems with these types of crimes is that there is normally a lack of hard evidence by nature, so it does often boil down to accusations. Even if they go the legal route that might not go far, because the officers might choose not to investigate, or it might get dragged out for years. This kind of attitude is exactly why people who get assaulted choose not to report.

If we're trying to protect victims, then I think part of that protection should be creating an environment where they can come forward with their accusations without fear of retaliation, of being shamed, or being labeled a liar simply because they don't act the way a mob of people expects them to.
When I said hard evidence I meant sufficient proof or enough evidence to come to a conclusion. I understand that it isnt always that easy to just gather information about the event from multiple sources especially with something so sensitive. As someone else said early that this process isnt cheap and sometimes people dont even want to go into investigating the crime because of the mountain up ahead. From trying to get footage of the incident to getting lawyers and everything else that comes with it. This seems like more of a justice system issue with making it easier for people to get the information they need but I am not opening that can of worms. I am just saying dont go name dropping online first when you should be reporting it to the police .

I believe they should have a safe place to vent and come forward with their accusations but twitter is not the place. Social media is not the place. A police station is the place. A court is the place. With your lawyer is the place. The moment you post anything online it is subject to EVERYTHING and if you dont want to be harassed, the best thing would be not post it online where people from all walks of life can criticize you. I feel bad that she may have been a victim of the crime but like other sensitive topics, not everyone will believe you and some will take great offense to even claiming it. If she wanted support and ONLY support to feel better then twitter isnt the place to do so...

SixPathsOfHate

Rape is legitimately the only crime where the first thing people think is that the victim's lying.
Never seen that with any other crime tbh
You know what fucks up someone just as much as a false accusation? Being raped
Its kinda hard with some of the other crimes.
Murder- not very easy to lie about in most cases since there is usually a shit ton of easy to access evidence.
Robbery- for the same reason above and things usually come with serial numbers and are bought digitally so there's that.
Assault- video cameras everywhere and usually bruising that may contain DNA.
Gun Violence- CSI shit.
Rape- its hard to tell if someone is telling the truth when you think about the things to think about with each case.
  • were both, none, or just one of the parties drinking or doing drugs that would have them under the influence?
  • are there any marks on the body of the victim that show signs of a struggle?
  • was it in a semi-public area where people could potentially hear screaming or cameras could be nearby?
  • is there any "DNA" that can be examined?
  • was consent given at one point and the victim decided they didnt like it but didnt say anything?
  • does the victim know the aggressor?
  • is the victim or aggressor mentally stable?
  • was there anything that happened before that could have something to do with the situation? ie, past abuse/new partner/ect
  • how long did it take for the victim to come forward with the accusation?
These are just a few questions to what I am sure are many more that need to be asked and considered before going forward. The victim should feel safe enough to tell what happened to the best of their abilities without being judged for the incident. The "aggressor" should also have a similar chance to say their side. Nothing should happen to the aggressor till a conclusion has come to term and the victim should be offered mental health assistance and other things that would comfort them. Rape is a serious crime and those who commit it should be punished severely but all are proven innocent until guilty.

MKF30

Well, Maybe i'm missing something, but the situation is the same except for the lack of evidence. It can't be said if the accusation is true or false based solely on that, it's all I mean.
Not sure what you mean by situation is the same? I don't know about that, every situation is different depending on what the tragedy is. Or are you just referring to when someone is touched without consent? But yeah at the end of the day, this case sounds like hearsay. In that case, there's simply a lack of evidence as you said yourself to say this dude is 100% guilty. I don't know if she lied or exaggerated the story, but the evidence for sure is lacking here. I believe in Lucas's philosophy, he has a shirt that says "I believe in " 3 choices on the shirt Men, Women unchecked and third is checked FACTS and Evidence.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
but all are proven innocent until guilty.
In a court of law, sure. They shouldn't face any criminal consequences. That doesn't mean an employer or organization can't suspend the person in question or even fire them if they feel there's sufficient cause. It doesn't mean the general public can't decide to not support or endorse someone.

SixPathsOfHate

In a court of law, sure. They shouldn't face any criminal consequences. That doesn't mean an employer or organization can't suspend the person in question or even fire them if they feel there's sufficient cause. It doesn't mean the general public can't decide to not support or endorse someone.
This is one of the reasons I say dont go posting it online. Just the simple accusation alone can be enough to get someone fired or excluded from events. Unless that is your intention....

This is one of the reasons I say dont go posting it online. Just the simple accusation alone can be enough to get someone fired or excluded from events. Unless that is your intention....
Well, if they are not guilty, you are a trash person for accusing them anyway, so you likely don't give a shit. And if they truly are gulty, i doubt you are worried about the poor soul being excluded.

SixPathsOfHate

Well, if they are not guilty, you are a trash person for accusing them anyway, so you likely don't give a shit. And if they truly are gulty, i doubt you are worried about the poor soul being excluded.
Obviously if the victim knows/believes the aggressor is guilty then they think they are justified but if they are doing it to ruin someone I dont think they care they are a shitty person.

MKF30

Obviously if the victim knows/believes the aggressor is guilty then they think they are justified but if they are doing it to ruin someone I dont think they care they are a shitty person.
Very true ^. I'm all for justice if the person is guilty of such accusations, however those cases where people lie to ruin someone that's beyond F%$&*d up. You can literally ruin someone's life, reputation, job, etc, etc I mean even in school with bullies spreading lies or sharing sexts from other girls they don't like, people have killed themselves over that shit.