What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Found a new 50/50. Will post soon.
She already has a 33/33/33.

After MB trance, du, du, slight step back, nj2~u3~d2. Then go for either a deep ji1 (hits front on and combos to standing 1), ji2 (hits cross up) or b1 (hits low)

Is this 50/50 meterless, or after trance? Does it involve smoke and mirrors?

Now you've got my curiosity piqued!

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
She already has a 33/33/33.

After MB trance, du, du, slight step back, nj2~u3~d2. Then go for either a deep ji1 (hits front on and combos to standing 1), ji2 (hits cross up) or b1 (hits low)

Is this 50/50 meterless, or after trance? Does it involve smoke and mirrors?

Now you've got my curiosity piqued!
Yeah she has loads of shit, this is just yet another way to mind fuck someone.

It's basically after any combo you can end in f2,1 mb tele behind. You then neutral jump and depending on the slight difference in timing into a j2 it will cross up or not.

edit: after testing, it has been found that the opponent can dash out and some can d2.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Yeah she has loads of shit, this is just yet another way to mind fuck someone.

It's basically after any combo you can end in f2,1 mb tele behind. You then neutral jump and depending on the slight difference in timing into a j2 it will cross up or not.
Oh shit yes. I like that. I like that a lot. Ima go lab with that now.

This means after a raw MB trance;

bf3(MB), du, du, nj2, b23, ji2, d2, b3, dash, f21~duf(MB), j2

Basically we get a 30% combo into a 50/50 mixup every time someone gets caught in trace (you can substitute b1u3 for b23 for 1% less damage and easier execution).

Is it reactable?

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
In trait she does, except her reflect is much better (albeit cannot be MB). Reflecting builds about a third of a bar of meter. The active frames of reflect last from the very beginning of the move to a little while after (i.e. there's a shittonne of active frames and they cover her arse for almost all projectiles)
Have you tested them on interactables? Ducky's tech video of raven reflecting the weight thing on stryker's island made me think if she could do all of the same stuff.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Have you tested them on interactables? Ducky's tech video of raven reflecting the weight thing on stryker's island made me think if she could do all of the same stuff.
I'll go and test it now. Otherwise she can just armour through it with db3.

EDIT: Yes she can! I tested against the gas canisters in Ferris and it absorbs it.

Also works against Ferris missiles.

EDIT 2: And the weight on Striker's island. Lol at that btw.

Last edited:
@deg222
And all other Zatty's

I'm doing Ex trance teleport levitate teleport to them j2 levi cancel j2.

It looks cooler and you get some more meter off the extra levitate.
:) xoxox

deg222

Best Zatanna that uses Aquaman
@deg222
And all other Zatty's

That's weird, it resets the combo when you do that. However, raw MB trance, tele, tele, levitate, j2 does not drop the combo :confused:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
@deg222
And all other Zatty's

That's kinda like how combos with j2 in the them can be executed with a low levi j2 to continue the combo.
That's weird, it resets the combo when you do that. However, raw MB trance, tele, tele, levitate, j2 does not drop the combo :confused:
Are you sure you have the latest hot fix? They made it so you could levi a max of 3 times on a grounded opponent before it reset (up from 2)

bf3mb, tele, jump up, levitate, tele, down, j2, *resets*, b1u3

And yeah I have the latest hotfix
No.
You're forgetting to do another levi j2 at the end.
This is meant for the reset purposes too. You want the combo to drop, but it's just nice getting a little extra meter during the vortex

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
How do you guys get the levitate teleport so consistently? I never comes out for me and online no levitate cancels either.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Can someone please tell me how to cancel out of hat stance. I know it has something to do with teleport, but it's not working for me. Any help would be appreciated.
During the animation of her hat being put on input DU (down up). Same applies for her strings on hit. :)

Vagrant

Noob
Quick question, apologize if it's been asked before and I missed it.

Is it when she does regular trance or EX trance that your controls get goofed up?

And do you guys know exactly how the controls work when it happens? Or is it random or what? I would test but I'm at work and have been labbing other matchups.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Quick question, apologize if it's been asked before and I missed it.

Is it when she does regular trance or EX trance that your controls get goofed up?

And do you guys know exactly how the controls work when it happens? Or is it random or what? I would test but I'm at work and have been labbing other matchups.
Regular trance messes up controls. EX trance gives you like 2 seconds to combo.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
do you guys know what exactly it does to the controls?
It inverts your motion controls and randomizes your buttons (1,2,3,4), although it doesn't change throw, intractable or stance switch . I also think I saw @Mr. Mileena say something about being able to control whether it fucks up your controls or not, although I'm unsure how.