What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Nice one and not sure I seen deg end a combo into a f3 cross over not sure how he done it and for my ended iv been using trance or f21 teleport behind them not sure if I'm at advantage after it but it seams to work
im not sure of the frame data for teleport but I assume its pretty safe seeing as ur at plus god knows what from f21.something I used to do which is proberly a complete waste of time is after hitting a back 3 I would jump 2 dash underneath then teleport behind as they land,proberly better to go for damage I guess,gonna give her a whirl tomorrow.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
best thing:

ending combos with regular puppet master in the corner.

It's so awesome when they know how to do their directional inputs correctly but forget that it messes up attacks too.

Lol ikr! I usually do F2,1 after puppet master inthe corner since if they jump it gives me a free full grounded combo & also some of them forget that after 1 blocked hit their inputs become normal again lol

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
im not sure of the frame data for teleport but I assume its pretty safe seeing as ur at plus god knows what from f21.something I used to do which is proberly a complete waste of time is after hitting a back 3 I would jump 2 dash underneath then teleport behind as they land,proberly better to go for damage I guess,gonna give her a whirl tomorrow.
Yeah that would be good to do now and agin for an extra mixup

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
R3CK3Dx
trustinme

teleporting after attacks isn't that good since you can actually get punished for doing so.

after f21 on hit I would cancel into behind teleport and try to follow up with 112 or even d1. I was interrupted by good players all of the time so I gave up on that. Maybe it was me mistiming it or something but I don't recommend it.

Raw teleports to the front or behind are FULL COMBO PUNISHABLE

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
R3CK3Dx
trustinme

teleporting after attacks isn't that good since you can actually get punished for doing so.

after f21 on hit I would cancel into behind teleport and try to follow up with 112 or even d1. I was interrupted by good players all of the time so I gave up on that. Maybe it was me mistiming it or something but I don't recommend it.

Yes, on people that knows the MU that's not a good idea but even for people that knows the MU you can end your combos with F2,3~MB tele behind i to grab, D1 or 1,1,2 but you must delay it a little bit because it will combo if you do it so fast

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
R3CK3Dx
trustinme

Yeah I know this but it's good to do after f21 if they don't know the MI which most people don't as know one uses her, any other setups?

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
So im having trouble doing MB Teleport behind in combos and set ups. Do i do the input for behind BEFORE or AFTER i press MB?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
R3CK3Dx
trustinme

ah ok,that's good to know.i maybe figured the advantage after a f21 was enough for a safe teleport but nevermind then.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
GuamoKun
Mr. Mileena
GGA pimpimjim
AspyxiaDyslexia-

what do you guys think/know about Fire Kiss (the non MB version)? I found some sexy shit with it in the corner and a few set ups midscreen with it. ill post the video up in awhile, just like to know your guys input on it.
Nice! I would love to see what you came with!
Personally i haven't used it in a real game because i have not an useful use for it. But i have finished some combos with D2~Fire kiss (to end the round only)

EMPEROR PRYCE

Nice! I would love to see what you came with!
Personally i haven't used it in a real game because i have not an useful use for it. But i have finished some combos with D2~Fire kiss (to end the round only)

ill spoil it, then show you some of my set ups in the video as soon it finishes uploading. the higher fire kiss hits, the more advantage you get from it. Normally on hit, its +4. f3 d2 fire kiss can land you +10-15 or more! not only that, it jails your opponent standing. 112 11d3 11u3 are all free which means they HAVE to eat the next mix up. whether it be low kicks or overhead MB rings. 223 is free as well. I tested this with blocking low (stand 1 HAS to be blocked, regardless of its high properties). I also tested with mashing d1, stand 1, super and trying to jump out. d1 mashers end up blocking, stand 1 mashers get hit and jumpers get hit grounded which means u get a full unscaled combo. I have a lil bit more but when my video gets done uploading ill post it :D

kevkopdx

Noob
ill spoil it, then show you some of my set ups in the video as soon it finishes uploading. the higher fire kiss hits, the more advantage you get from it. Normally on hit, its +4. f3 d2 fire kiss can land you +10-15 or more! not only that, it jails your opponent standing. 112 11d3 11u3 are all free which means they HAVE to eat the next mix up. whether it be low kicks or overhead MB rings. 223 is free as well. I tested this with blocking low (stand 1 HAS to be blocked, regardless of its high properties). I also tested with mashing d1, stand 1, super and trying to jump out. d1 mashers end up blocking, stand 1 mashers get hit and jumpers get hit grounded which means u get a full unscaled combo. I have a lil bit more but when my video gets done uploading ill post it :D
awesome, ill have to try this tonight! still look forward to the video, thanks for the tip!

EMPEROR PRYCE

awesome, ill have to try this tonight! still look forward to the video, thanks for the tip!
thanks. I have more in depth set ups in the video. Its an interesting mix up for vortexing off of f21 in the corner. Also leaves the opponent closer than f21 does.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ohh so you mean that fire kiss has more advantage after a D2? Wow very nice, i didn't know it. I thought it was just +4 that's why i never used it but i sill test this out :)

EMPEROR PRYCE

Ohh so you mean that fire kiss has more advantage after a D2? Wow very nice, i didn't know it. I thought it was just +4 that's why i never used it but i sill test this out :)

its in my video, which prolly wont be up until tomorrow sadly. Yes tho, after d2 fire kiss you are ATLEAST +10 (if both parties hold up after the attack, zatanna performs nearly a FULL jump before the opponent is able to jump himself)

I was trying to find a use for it too, but it's a high, slow, and just sucks lol.

In the corner I'd rather just, without wasting meter, a normal trance to reverse controls. Also, since the kiss of fire is slow, you'd have to limit ur combo so it won't drop, meaning less damage. I use it to end a match after MB trance. MUAAHHH zatanna wins. lol

EMPEROR PRYCE

I was trying to find a use for it too, but it's a high, slow, and just sucks lol.

In the corner I'd rather just, without wasting meter, a normal trance to reverse controls. Also, since the kiss of fire is slow, you'd have to limit ur combo so it won't drop, meaning less damage. I use it to end a match after MB trance. MUAAHHH zatanna wins. lol
actually after a normal trance if ur opponent is unaware and not blocking, 11u3 223 MB trance f3 d2 fire kiss nets you like 35% into +10 advantage (off of this specific combo, ive gotten up to +15), jailed for your next mix up and obviously left standing. it wouldnt be your go-to for corner vortex, BUT another option to use nonetheless thats just as good. regular trance leaves u -1, the opponent has a 1/4 chance of gaining advantage with a d1 (up+a random button) which means it would be... some what risky, not really, but on paper.. yes. this fire kiss set up wont reverse buttons obviously but it leaves ur opponent rendered useless for +10 or more frames. Like i said.. wouldnt be a go to, but another option outside of f21.

actually after a normal trance if ur opponent is unaware and not blocking, 11u3 223 MB trance f3 d2 fire kiss nets you like 35% into +10 advantage (off of this specific combo, ive gotten up to +15), jailed for your next mix up and obviously left standing. it wouldnt be your go-to for corner vortex, BUT another option to use nonetheless thats just as good. regular trance leaves u -1, the opponent has a 1/4 chance of gaining advantage with a d1 (up+a random button) which means it would be... some what risky, not really, but on paper.. yes. this fire kiss set up wont reverse buttons obviously but it leaves ur opponent rendered useless for +10 or more frames. Like i said.. wouldnt be a go to, but another option outside of f21.
Cool then :)

I like using it because I will literally blow them a kiss over the mic, but I never find the place to use it.
I just blow kisses with ex fireball.

Lol, but it sounds pretty interesting

EMPEROR PRYCE

Cool then :)

I like using it because I will literally blow them a kiss over the mic, but I never find the place to use it.
I just blow kisses with ex fireball.

Lol, but it sounds pretty interesting
its just i cant see a reason to not use it.. when if ur left +10 and ur stand 1 is 5 frames, the opponent is LITERALLY forced to block the next mix up. i havent tried it in a real match yet, still trying to find more stable set ups with it. thanks for the support tho dude.. ill tag u when i get the video up.

its just i cant see a reason to not use it.. when if ur left +10 and ur stand 1 is 5 frames, the opponent is LITERALLY forced to block the next mix up. i havent tried it in a real match yet, still trying to find more stable set ups with it. thanks for the support tho dude.. ill tag u when i get the video up.
Standing 1 is 6 or 7 frames, and a high.
Also, standing 1 and 2 are way too short to reach, come to think of it, nothing will reach them, you have to dash in, which makes the + 10 not really plus 10, im sure they can backdash or walk back

but in the corner, the standing 1 will miss, so standing 2 might be better, but by the way, she is at +4, not +10

EMPEROR PRYCE

Standing 1 is 6 or 7 frames, and a high.
Also, standing 1 and 2 are way too short to reach, come to think of it, nothing will reach them, you have to dash in, which makes the + 10 not really plus 10, im sure they can backdash or walk back

but in the corner, the standing 1 will miss, so standing 2 might be better, but by the way, she is at +4, not +10
standing 1 wont miss in the corner, even if they crouch. fire kiss will jail the opponent. frame data in game says standing 1 has 5 frames of start up

standing 1 wont miss in the corner, even if they crouch. fire kiss will jail the opponent. frame data in game says standing 1 has 5 frames of start up
Frame data.... lol don't trust the games frame data!!!!!

Standing 1 is about 6 or 7, it doesn't punish Raven's Demon Grab.