What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Here's some tech from my other thread

The idea behind this blockstring/mixup is to condition your opponent to block after a mb teleport. From what I have tested so far this works with everystring but I will do f2,1 as an example. Anyways here is the midscreen blockstring:
f2,1 xx mb rings, 3/f2,1 xx mb teleport

The mixup is that you can be in front of the opponent or behind them and the beauty of this is that if they try to reversal out of it when you do mb rings the mb teleport allows you to get a full combo punish. If they block the entire thing than that means you can do another rep of this and build meter. I know that it's not a full proof mixup but it is a mb teleport concept.

Also does anyone know about her otg that she has in the corner in Sargon's hat? There is some nasty stuff that you can do with it. The only problem is that it requires a lot of execution.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Also does anyone know about her otg that she has in the corner in Sargon's hat? There is some nasty stuff that you can do with it. The only problem is that it requires a lot of execution.
Ohh yes. Smetimes i end my corner combos with B1,U3~trait~ pilar to OTG them. But they can tech roll :/ it's a bit useless if your opponent knows about it since she doesn't have any good HDK to set this up.

Ohh yes. Smetimes i end my corner combos with B1,U3~trait~ pilar to OTG them. But they can tech roll :/ it's a bit useless if your opponent knows about it since she doesn't have any good HDK to set this up.[/quote
I use her otg in the corner with her trait. If they block it then they eat chip or a teleport mixup. (You can do mb teleport and switch sides or stay on the same side to confuse them)

For more meter gaining....

after mb ex trance, teleport twice, do low to medium levitate into j2 combo.
I've been doing this consistently without dropping the combo.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Same here, i always teleport twice into neutral jump~lavitate cancel J2 into vortex, more damage & more meter

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Alright, so just saying guys; Zatanna's Teleport is an excellent wake-up move. I'm not sure what can stuff it, but I know for certain that she can wakeup teleport safely even during Flash's Speed Zone. I haven't tested it offline yet, but I played an online set against a Flash last night and I woke up tele and dodged his overhead string pressure, and teleported behind. His primary rushdown gameplan was to abuse his f2(?) overhead move with the punch-punch frametrap, so if he was able to knock me down and tried doing speedzone, Zatanna can wakeup tele safely. I was pretty impressed with how reliable it was at getting Zatanna out of pressure.
(Basically, it looks like even though she's spinning slowly into the tele, whatever he does still whiffs, when you pre-do the input as a w/u).

Not really playing as much before but I'm happy I can still mop the scene with Zat despite my input errors sometimes, lol.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Alright, so just saying guys; Zatanna's Teleport is an excellent wake-up move. I'm not sure what can stuff it, but I know for certain that she can wakeup teleport safely even during Flash's Speed Zone. I haven't tested it offline yet, but I played an online set against a Flash last night and I woke up tele and dodged his overhead string pressure, and teleported behind. His primary rushdown gameplan was to abuse his f2(?) overhead move with the punch-punch frametrap, so if he was able to knock me down and tried doing speedzone, Zatanna can wakeup tele safely. I was pretty impressed with how reliable it was at getting Zatanna out of pressure.
(Basically, it looks like even though she's spinning slowly into the tele, whatever he does still whiffs, when you pre-do the input as a w/u).

Not really playing as much before but I'm happy I can still mop the scene with Zat despite my input errors sometimes, lol.
Yes, teleport is actually her only good wake up lol. He can read a teleport and punish it tho. But she is godlike at getting out of okis

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
As anyone looked at the practicality of ending a combo with mb puppet master into nj2~levi and using a mix-up between levi-cancel into overhead or levi-teleport into overhead on the other side? I've been toying with the idea but don't want to retread ground that others have covered. She already has a good crossover mix-up from nj2, but maybe this is just another option she has.

Also, has the idea of ending a juggle with 223/112~mb fire kiss into trait been given any thought? My idea was that you can make people respect it with either trait activation or a teleport behind into pressure from the enclosing fire kiss. I was thinking maybe you can get people to fear the fireball and you can take advantage of them and chip the shit out of them with trait.

AspyxiaDyslexia-
Mr. Mileena
GGA pimpimjim
deg222

As anyone looked at the practicality of ending a combo with mb puppet master into nj2~levi and using a mix-up between levi-cancel into overhead or levi-teleport into overhead on the other side? I've been toying with the idea but don't want to retread ground that others have covered. She already has a good crossover mix-up from nj2, but maybe this is just another option she has.

Also, has the idea of ending a juggle with 223/112~mb fire kiss into trait been given any thought? My idea was that you can make people respect it with either trait activation or a teleport behind into pressure from the enclosing fire kiss. I was thinking maybe you can get people to fear the fireball and you can take advantage of them and chip the shit out of them with trait.

AspyxiaDyslexia-
Mr. Mileena
GGA pimpimjim
deg222
i think ppj has done this before on stream, the only thing of course is you lose frames due to the teleport

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yes, i have used her 2,2,3~Fire kiss - trait set up a few times, it sometimes works with some characters, it's pretty good

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ

Can you explain this a little more? Teleport twice and then do low to medium levitate into j2 combo? I'm getting lost when you say do low to medium levitate. (Don't know what you mean here)

Can you explain this a little more? Teleport twice and then do low to medium levitate into j2 combo? I'm getting lost when you say do low to medium levitate. (Don't know what you mean here)
Basically an instant levitate. If you do a high one, it'll drop the combo. This is also harder to do online. It works, but i'd rather not risk it online

I'm thinking of picking Zatanna up as a 2nd for Green Arrow. I like her as a character and I like her move list. Do you guys think she'd be worth picking up as a 2nd main?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Does Zatanna have the same reflecting properties as raven?
In trait she does, except her reflect is much better (albeit cannot be MB). Reflecting builds about a third of a bar of meter. The active frames of reflect last from the very beginning of the move to a little while after (i.e. there's a shittonne of active frames and they cover her arse for almost all projectiles)