What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

I picked up Zatanna for about a week now and really enjoy playing with her. I'm slowly improving with her but sometimes it feels like she gets smashed by some of the scrubbiest players online . I also don't feel very confident whenever someone has a major life lead on her. I'll continue to work at it with her because it feels a lot more gratifying to get a win with her then some of the other characters I've dabbled with. Thanks to all those that posts in this forum as I find some of the tips very helpful.

kevkopdx

Noob
I picked up Zatanna for about a week now and really enjoy playing with her. I'm slowly improving with her but sometimes it feels like she gets smashed by some of the scrubbiest players online . I also don't feel very confident whenever someone has a major life lead on her. I'll continue to work at it with her because it feels a lot more gratifying to get a win with her then some of the other characters I've dabbled with. Thanks to all those that posts in this forum as I find some of the tips very helpful.
it takes a bit to get used to her online.... crappy connections can really make it hard! dont give up! Every fight may feel like Shao Kahn right now, but youll get the hang of it :)

Goatlegs

Noob
All of this was already known. Also a lot of people tries to kove after a blocked MB rings so it gives us a free Puppet Master or a MB teleport
Ah, well damn. Thought I was being productive. I was going to delete my post, but since you quoted it I guess it's pretty much here forever. Hopefully someone will find it useful because I didn't see it anywhere.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Ah, well damn. Thought I was being productive. I was going to delete my post, but since you quoted it I guess it's pretty much here forever. Hopefully someone will find it useful because I didn't see it anywhere.
Nah! Don't delete it. It was trying to help and that's good :)

vicious1024

Does it matter?
Is it known that when you buffer teleport at the beginning of her trait, that it completely goes away? If so, is that intentional, or a glitch?

BlastX21

Noob
Exactly how do we use the levitate hotfix? I thought it meant that you could do j2-lev-j2-lev-j2, then combo them, but that hasn't worked when I've tried it. What strings/combos is this useful for?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Exactly how do we use the levitate hotfix? I thought it meant that you could do j2-lev-j2-lev-j2, then combo them, but that hasn't worked when I've tried it. What strings/combos is this useful for?
j2 levi j2 works if you don't do it after a mb trance
if you hit a naked mb trance, j2 levi j2 doesn't work but a single levi cancel j2 into whatever (f3, b3) will work
if you combo anything into a mb trance then nothing will work

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
I abused j2 levi j2 extensively after a mb puppet because it was a good way to get my damage into a combo. Still kind of sucks they didn't fix it so you could still do that, but at least we have more options and she still has the vortex.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Anyone got any tips for when I'm in the range that I can't throw a ring and can't land any normal move I feel so lost in that range

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
Tr
how safe are cards? what about jump 3 or teleport back maybe ?
not sure how safe but they have lots if push back and yeah I always forget I can teleport back lol only started using her again today and know one seams to know her setups, you know of any be setups that I might not know?

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Tr
not sure how safe but they have lots if push back and yeah I always forget I can teleport back lol only started using her again today and know one seams to know her setups, you know of any be setups that I might not know?
proberly not tbh,I haven't spent much time with her at all,I am going to piss about with her soon though. What sort of thing are you looking for? Combo Enders or something?

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
proberly not tbh,I haven't spent much time with her at all,I am going to piss about with her soon though. What sort of thing are you looking for? Combo Enders or something?
Nice one and not sure I seen deg end a combo into a f3 cross over not sure how he done it and for my ended iv been using trance or f21 teleport behind them not sure if I'm at advantage after it but it seams to work

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I abused j2 levi j2 extensively after a mb puppet because it was a good way to get my damage into a combo. Still kind of sucks they didn't fix it so you could still do that, but at least we have more options and she still has the vortex.
I actually liked that change so much, it is my current vortex set up & it has worked incredible for me. After the mb Puppet master j2~levitate~D2 and then i go for my low or overhead :) <3 i love that vortex along with the smoke & mirrors one.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Exactly, you reset the combo after the levitate cancel and you are at like +25 or at least 20+ so you can go for B1 or B2

I don't really visit the Zatanna forums and junk, but even before the patch when j2 levi j2 was possible I always ended the combo there because it was easier to do the mixup and stuff.

It's kinda hard to react to since almost everyone is conditioned to believe that after a j2 and attack will combo but the change actually helped her mixup game. It was only nerfed if you kinda j2 levi j2 as a rawstarter and stuff.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I don't really visit the Zatanna forums and junk, but even before the patch when j2 levi j2 was possible I always ended the combo there because it was easier to do the mixup and stuff.

It's kinda hard to react to since almost everyone is conditioned to believe that after a j2 and attack will combo but the change actually helped her mixup game. It was only nerfed if you kinda j2 levi j2 as a rawstarter and stuff.
Naw i always finish my combos with Puppet master, after the nerf i always went to vortex instead of continuing my combo so i didn't use her levy cancels too much outside of her corner combos. People who used it as a starter were yoloing then lol.

And yes, before the patch you needed to wait a bit, now you can do it like if it was going to connect & it's actually a vortex. Love it

GuamoKun

Naw i always finish my combos with Puppet master, after the nerf i always went to vortex instead of continuing my combo so i didn't use her levy cancels too much outside of her corner combos. People who used it as a starter were yoloing then lol.

And yes, before the patch you needed to wait a bit, now you can do it like if it was going to connect & it's actually a vortex. Love it

best thing:

ending combos with regular puppet master in the corner.

It's so awesome when they know how to do their directional inputs correctly but forget that it messes up attacks too.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
best thing:

ending combos with regular puppet master in the corner.

It's so awesome when they know how to do their directional inputs correctly but forget that it messes up attacks too.
i just wondered why u would end with puppet master in the corner? wouldn't ending with f21 in the corner give u a meterless vortex? Free 50/50 whatever u want to call it.

GuamoKun

i just wondered why u would end with puppet master in the corner? wouldn't ending with f21 in the corner give u a meterless vortex? Free 50/50 whatever u want to call it.

Because I want to introduce the threat of having that move.

the more things you have to think about during a matchup the easier it is to make me get into your head and actually make the guessing game in my favor.