What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Reborn

Noob
I found that I couldn't reliably do a bounce off of b12d3 if she was facing away from the camera. Now it's not an issue. It doesn't make the combo itself easier but the hitconfirm won't randomly drop because she's facing the wrong way.
Yes they said that in the patch but I wasn't sure that if the way they fixed it for the stance changes impacted the way it works in the air. If people were discouraged from using it before due to the inconsistency, they should check it out again. These wall bounces are huge for Catwoman and why Atlantis is probably her best stage.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
What's her best bounce combo, anyway? The one I've been doing goes up to 58% depending on the confirm (not counting MB b3/f3).

Reborn

Noob
J2, B1, 2, d3, inter, F3 whiff, F2 Cat Dash whiff, B3, F3 whiff, F2, 4. - 61%

What were you using for 58%?
j2, b12d3 x claws, f2, MB dash (wiff), b3, f3, f2, inter, f3, f2, 4 = 58%

That was the go-to interactable combo before the patch. Interesting to see you get an extra 3% off the one you posted. Good stuff!

Black Knife

AKA Blank
The best corner combo for online is the the (as far as I know) best one offline. I've been able to do it consistently:

j.2 b12d3 dd3 1 f2 db1 112 dd3 3.

It works off any hitconfirm but that's the best one. You can end it with a MB catdash instead of the pounce for more damage or a better knockdown setup. MB Catdash into f3, 1f2, or df3 for a hard knockdown. You for max damage, MB catdash into trait. On medium and large characters, you can dash up and do 3 trait, but the timing is strict and it doesn't work on everyone, so that might not be a good idea online.

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL
The best corner combo for online is the the (as far as I know) best one offline. I've been able to do it consistently:

It works off any hitconfirm but that's the best one. You can end it with a MB catdash instead of the pounce for more damage or a better knockdown setup. MB Catdash into f3, 1f2, or df3 for a hard knockdown. You for max damage, MB catdash into trait. On medium and large characters, you can dash up and do 3 trait, but the timing is strict and it doesn't work on everyone, so that might not be a good idea online.
thanks im still unsure about her though i need more time with her to see how i feel lol

R3CK3Dx

KNEEL

thanks any tips overall she feels weird to play and what is her midscreen bnb i can get 44% off a jump in 1 meter does that sound about right for her?

Blakexton

Shinnuk
thanks any tips overall she feels weird to play and what is her midscreen bnb i can get 44% off a jump in 1 meter does that sound about right for her?
Yes.

Your basic bnb with her will be

String - 1, 1, 2
F1, 1, 2
B1, 2, d3

Into Catdash or Cat claws. (Bf2 or Bf1)

Followed by B3.

Then F3 whiff or jump 3 depending on where you want to place you're opponent.

Then a HKD - 1, F2
1, 1, 2
F3

Example - 1, 1, 2, - bf1 - B3 - F3 whiff - 1, f2

This is your basic meterless bnb.

Experiment and have fun.

Reborn

Noob
Lately, I have been trying to figure out jumping corner mixups that work on smaller characters. The problem is that their hitbox is so small, that they can hold forward on all jumping mixups and escape. So far I haven't found anything consistent but hoping fellow Catwoman players can get creative and help out her corner game.

Obviously, ending a combo with 1f2 is the optimal ender for a setup in the corner but you don't have too much time to work with. I once had a well timed forward jump 3 hit from the front that could not be blocked by walking forward but could not replicate it.

If you would like to try to figure something out yourself, I would also advise experimenting with ending combos with 2 f3 in the corner. You have much more time than any other ender and could try combinations of dashes, jumps, wiffed moves, ect to setup something tricky.

Of course you would have to sacrifice damage with f3 enders but would be well worth it for a true left/right mixups IMO. An example corner combo would be b12d3. dd3, 1, f3, f3.

EDIT:
So I figured it out. Right after the 1f2 connects, you need to jump forward instantly. The j3 timing is also kinda strict but it needs to be when your opponent's knees touch the ground (I swear that is the timing for just about everything lol). It works on Catwoman, Superman, and Lex so I assume the setup works on everybody. If you jump instantly, it lands in the front (and holding forward does NOT block this). If you delay the jump at all, it lands on the other side.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Reborn, I cannot get that setup to be anything but a jump 3 they must block with forward. If I jump 3 instantly the jump 3 doesn't hit. I think I'm not understanding correctly??

Reborn

Noob
Reborn, I cannot get that setup to be anything but a jump 3 they must block with forward. If I jump 3 instantly the jump 3 doesn't hit. I think I'm not understanding correctly??
You don't j3 instantly. You want to jump forward instantly (just hold up+forward after 1f2). Look at the opponent's animation after the 1f2 connects. Their legs are lifted in the air. After around a second, just before they wakeup, their knees will touch the ground. You want to time the j3 when their knees hit the ground. It should be toward the end of your jump arc.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ok I'll mess with it more tomorrow. I was doing a jump as fast as possible holding u/f like you said, and then when I did the jump 3 it always hit them if they blocked holding back. This was against Aquaman.

Reborn

Noob
Ok I'll mess with it more tomorrow. I was doing a jump as fast as possible holding u/f like you said, and then when I did the jump 3 it always hit them if they blocked holding back. This was against Aquaman.
Yeah you have to jump FORWARD right after the 1f2 combo ender (you don't have to time, just literally hold u+f until your character jumps). The j3 should be right before they wake up. I will try to point my $20 webcam at my tv to record this. Give me like 20-30 minutes.

Reborn

Noob
Here is my terrible quality videos to show the setup. Your opponent has to guess left or right since both setups look identical and land on the same side. With a MB dash, you can throw them back into the corner for the same setup.

The setup not crossing up.

The setup crossing up.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Ahh I see. I was underestimating how late that jump 3 needed to be. I get it now. Man this might be very good. Looks like he cannot d+2 or dash out either.

Reborn

Noob
Ahh I see. I was underestimating how late that jump 3 needed to be. I get it now. Man this might be very good. Looks like he cannot d+2 or dash out either.
Yeah, he cannot d2 or dash out but you have to also factor in wakeup attacks. Unless I can figure out a super specific timing, wake up moves ends up being a complete risk for both of you. If they try to mash out, their wakeup will most likely wiff. Some moves like Lex's Corp Charge can punish you for pressing J3 since you have recovery frames after you land. You can punish nearly all these quick wakeups on a read by doing an empty jump and block/wiff punishing.

If they don't wake up with a special, it is a 50/50 that is truly random. If they do wakeup with a special, then the setup may become character specific. In the Aquaman matchup, for example, his wakeups are so slow that you will not be hit by any of them. The only threat is taking the ridiculous chip damage of Trident Rush. If he does wakeup with Trident Rush, it is still a 50/50 whether the wakeup will wiff or not.

I will try to give this setup some more consistency for wakeup attacks this weekend. There is still enough here to really frustrate your opponent.

Reborn

Noob
Can someone help me out? I want to make a "How to beat __________ on wakeup" thread. I have most of the raw data already compiled but I am a TYM noob and would need assistance mainly with formatting (I don't have a few DLC characters so I may also need some help to be a bit more thorough with Batgirl, MMH, Scorpion, and Zod).

This is so important for Catwoman because it is hard getting in with her. Especially in some matchups (Batman, Bane, Aquaman, Zod, Lex, anyone with a cooldown trait), you may only get 1-2 opportunities per lifebar to kill. Because she is a "coin flip" character, you need to find ways to create your own luck. This guide would help people decide on which setup(s) to use in each matchup after a knockdown.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Can someone help me out? I want to make a "How to beat __________ on wakeup" thread. I have most of the raw data already compiled but I am a TYM noob and would need assistance mainly with formatting (I don't have a few DLC characters so I may also need some help to be a bit more thorough with Batgirl, MMH, Scorpion, and Zod).

This is so important for Catwoman because it is hard getting in with her. Especially in some matchups (Batman, Bane, Aquaman, Zod, Lex, anyone with a cooldown trait), you may only get 1-2 opportunities per lifebar to kill. Because she is a "coin flip" character, you need to find ways to create your own luck. This guide would help people decide on which setup(s) to use in each matchup after a knockdown.
I can help you with this because I'm currently doing this exact same thing for Killer Frost's meterless vortex.

Reborn

Noob
I can help you with this because I'm currently doing this exact same thing for Killer Frost's meterless vortex.
Alright I would really appreciate it. Ideally I would probably prefer to have those spoiler tags with all the characters headshots on each one so that it is easy to navigate. From there I can color-coordinate and list things appropriately.

EDIT: If you have a better way to organize, I would be more than happy to hear your input. You did a great job with the combo thread at launch so your opinion carries much more weight than mine.

RunwayMafia

Alright I would really appreciate it. Ideally I would probably prefer to have those spoiler tags with all the characters headshots on each one so that it is easy to navigate. From there I can color-coordinate and list things appropriately.

EDIT: If you have a better way to organize, I would be more than happy to hear your input. You did a great job with the combo thread at launch so your opinion carries much more weight than mine.
And I'm still working, literally as I type, on getting all the max damage raw data for her combos and then I'm going to fully revamp that post with spoiler tags. How about tonight when I get off work I'll create the thread, tag you and say we are doing this together as a collaboration (so you'll def. be credited) and that way I can film all the stuff and place it appropriately.

Reborn

Noob
And I'm still working, literally as I type, on getting all the max damage raw data for her combos and then I'm going to fully revamp that post with spoiler tags. How about tonight when I get off work I'll create the thread, tag you and say we are doing this together as a collaboration (so you'll def. be credited) and that way I can film all the stuff and place it appropriately.
Sounds great! Don't worry about crediting me or whatever, I just want a source to help people learn. Eventually, I want to create a "Crash Course to Catwoman" guide. Similar to what Under the Mayo did previously in his combo thread, with the inclusion of setups and nuances people may miss in the hundreds of pages of discussion.

If somebody wants to learn Catwoman, I want that process to be as seamless as possible. With this being my first "serious" fighting game starting from launch, I understand how overwhelming it is to try and pick up a game/character late.

RunwayMafia

Sounds great! Don't worry about crediting me or whatever, I just want a source to help people learn. Eventually, I want to create a "Crash Course to Catwoman" guide. Similar to what Under the Mayo did previously in his combo thread, with the inclusion of setups and nuances people may miss in the hundreds of pages of discussion.

If somebody wants to learn Catwoman, I want that process to be as seamless as possible. With this being my first "serious" fighting game starting from launch, I understand how overwhelming it is to try and pick up a game/character late.
Catwoman especially...she has so many options and tech that I still don't think she is anywhere near being fully fleshed out yet. PM me your data and I'll get to work on the DLC characters and I'll create the thread tonight. ;)

Reborn

Noob
Catwoman especially...she has so many options and tech that I still don't think she is anywhere near being fully fleshed out yet. PM me your data and I'll get to work on the DLC characters and I'll create the thread tonight. ;)
Alright I am currently in classes. My notes now are for personal use so I will try to make them a little more friendly to read. It may take a day or two but I will let you know when I have it finished.