What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Reborn

Noob
Well i only use F1~CS(1) because if it hits it will connects, also... I must test that thing you said... If they can poke between F1 & DS(1) then it's useless.. But otherwise it could be good because i will be at +3 on block! And yes! I almost always end strings like F1,1,2 & B1,2,D3 with cat clows, it's safe but it doesn't give me advantage, that's why i am trying to implement CS(1) on my pressure
Yeah I tested it and a 6 frame d1 will trade with the CS(1) so that is their out. 6 frame moves trade and 7 frame moves get beat out. You can CS(3) after the blocked string and it beats out their d1.

Black Knife

AKA Blank
Does Catwoman have any invincible wakeup moves besides her trait?

Alternate question: What are her wakeup options? I usually just wake up blocking or jumping to try and get a punish unless I can make a read for catdash. But does she have something with invuln to catch certain moves that would stuff the dash?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Does Catwoman have any invincible wakeup moves besides her trait?

Alternate question: What are her wakeup options? I usually just wake up blocking or jumping to try and get a punish unless I can make a read for catdash. But does she have something with invuln to catch certain moves that would stuff the dash?

Trait. It's fully invincible.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
So I just started messing around with Catwoman again and ran into something odd. When I try to do cross-up j1 in the corner into f1, I sometimes get b1 instead. I can't get it to happen consistently and I haven't encountered this issue with any other character. Is this a known problem/oddity?

Edit: I'm also getting straight whip instead of up sometimes when I do something like f112 xx cat claws, f2, db1. Is there any way to avoid this inconsistency? I'd rather not deal with it if possible.

Reborn

Noob
So I just started messing around with Catwoman again and ran into something odd. When I try to do cross-up j1 in the corner into f1, I sometimes get b1 instead. I can't get it to happen consistently and I haven't encountered this issue with any other character. Is this a known problem/oddity?

Edit: I'm also getting straight whip instead of up sometimes when I do something like f112 xx cat claws, f2, db1. Is there any way to avoid this inconsistency? I'd rather not deal with it if possible.
haha I never noticed but yeah it is quite strange. I'm guessing it does it because when you input f1/b1, you are technically still on the left side (or at least the game reads that you are still on that side). If you delay your j1 you won't run into the issue (because you are physically on the other side of the character, not on top).

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
Reborn

Yeah, delaying seems to solve that problem. Thanks a lot.

As for the second, it seems that hitting the f2 as early as possible keeps your inputs from being crossed up. I think it's stage specific as I haven't had a problem with Wayne Manor, but I have with the inside part of Hall of Justice.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios

Same thing happens to me sometimes :(

I think it's just a matter of timing. Seems to me it's matchup based but it might be stage based too. You gotta hit them high, I guess they're being considered on the wrong side as they fall next to her body. I can sometimes actually tell visually when I'm going to screw up.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Just a thought, but I'd love to see a mini buff to her MB Dash...meaning the armor would activate immediatelly. It would really help against the strong zoners (Zod). Or give her a parry lol.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Just a thought, but I'd love to see a mini buff to her MB Dash...meaning the armor would activate immediatelly. It would really help against the strong zoners (Zod). Or give her a parry lol.

Well if MB Cat Dash had armor faster and was still safe on block full screen it'd be pretty ridiculous.

She basically does have a parry. High Feline Evade can be used as one and canceling into trait makes it do damage. I have been using it as a parry with decent success like against Doomsday's shoulder. I think it's more useful in that aspect that evading projectiles. It doesn't have a 1 frame startup so it can't interrupt as much as Killer Frost's but it's ok.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
Well if MB Cat Dash had armor faster and was still safe on block full screen it'd be pretty ridiculous.

She basically does have a parry. High Feline Evade can be used as one and canceling into trait makes it do damage. I have been using it as a parry with decent success like against Doomsday's shoulder. I think it's more useful in that aspect that evading projectiles. It doesn't have a 1 frame startup so it can't interrupt as much as Killer Frost's but it's ok.

I feel like the only buff she needs is the 2 hits of armor on her meter burn catdash. I went through the entire cast, and it honestly doesn't change any match-ups outside of Batman and Killer Frost. Against Batman, she would still lose the match-up, but it would be more of a 6-4, than what it currently is.

The rest of the cast either get blown up by the first hit of armor as per usual, or blow her up just the same like Death Stroke.

First and foremost, I don't feel like Deathstroke is a terrible match-up for Catwoman. She can get in if she is patient enough, however, he beats her MB Catdash due to his MB guns, which will beat her 2 hits of armor regardless. I'm fine with that because hes using meter.

Also, I'd like to mention as a personal tweak, I'd make the cancel window on high feline evade and trait faster. It would be pretty interesting to see her parry more moves. Honestly, I don't care much about it, but in a world of dictators and Supermen, this isn't even a big deal, it would just be a cool tweak for her.

Oh and one last thing, her low feline evade... Definitely should be able to cancel quicker. If I evaded your low, I should be given more than just props, I should be able to counter, cause that shit takes skill and reaction.

[EDIT] I don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'm gonna go ahead and tag colt

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I feel like the only buff she needs is the 2 hits of armor on her meter burn catdash. I went through the entire cast, and it honestly doesn't change any match-ups outside of Batman and Killer Frost.

What about low tier Martian Mainhunter. He kan no longer MB Orb and then push you as you MB Katdash through it?

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
What about low tier Martian Mainhunter. He kan no longer MB Orb and then push you as you MB Katdash through it?

I'm gonna start editing your posts to spell "can" correctly. All these misspellings are hurting my brain.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
So ... how do I punish after using evade? I'm using Practice Mode with AI on Wakeup-[insert evadable move] Block-Stance Position-Standing, knock them down with a D3, evade the wakeup. After that, though, no matter what followup I do, they block it.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So ... how do I punish after using evade? I'm using Practice Mode with AI on Wakeup-[insert evadable move] Block-Stance Position-Standing, knock them down with a D3, evade the wakeup. After that, though, no matter what followup I do, they block it.

Cancel evade into trait. Just mash tait after you input evade.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I'd make the cancel window on high feline evade and trait faster. It would be pretty interesting to see her parry more moves
[EDIT] I don't want to make a new thread for this, so I'm gonna go ahead and tag colt
Her b3 and f3 is a tool to dodge characters moves and punish players.

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
f3 and b3 is a great tool to dodge projectiles and moves to punish people.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So I was playing around in the lab tonight, working on my swag, just curious if you guys ever incorporated B2 mid combo?

I was doing F3, B2~Cat Dash MB, F3/1F2/F1123/F112~Whip etc., etc., it does like 32/35% damage and looks pretty cool.