What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

MK_Al

Noob
Can someone help me out? I want to make a "How to beat __________ on wakeup" thread. I have most of the raw data already compiled but I am a TYM noob and would need assistance mainly with formatting (I don't have a few DLC characters so I may also need some help to be a bit more thorough with Batgirl, MMH, Scorpion, and Zod).

This is so important for Catwoman because it is hard getting in with her. Especially in some matchups (Batman, Bane, Aquaman, Zod, Lex, anyone with a cooldown trait), you may only get 1-2 opportunities per lifebar to kill. Because she is a "coin flip" character, you need to find ways to create your own luck. This guide would help people decide on which setup(s) to use in each matchup after a knockdown.

Funny. I recently started thinking about the same thing. I can't help with editing, but I think I came up with some good anti WW wakeup tech that I haven't seen before. I didn't want to post it before exploring it a little bit more, but as far as I can tell it's legit. In any case go to the lab and test it; i'll be glad if someone can either confirm or dismiss this stuff:

WW's only "true" wakeup with invincibility seems to be her lasso spin. What you can do is:
- dash in after 1f2, and go into catstance immediately. Her lasso spin will whiff due to CW's low hitbox while in catstance, and you can launch her with 1 (cartwheel) and b3 into a combo of choice.
- you can chose to end a combo with 112, and cancel into catstance 3 after the last hit of 112. The pounce will whiff, but you'll land directly near the grounded opponent (it's not a hard knockdown though) and can again go into catstance 1 to punish WW's wakeup attempt.

Other WW wakeups:
- catstance 1 can basically stuff all of WW's wakeups, though the timing varies
- catstance itself lowers CW enough to avoid WW's wakeups except amazonian uppercut
- to stuff all wakeups you have to end your combo with 1f2. Ending with 112 does not give you enough time to punish WWs amazonian uppercut on wakeup (also CW's hitbox will not be low enough to avoid getting hit)
- all of WW's wakeups, except the lasso spin, can be stuffed with standing 3 (33b2 -> b3 ...). Someone made a thread about how to stuff wakeups with standing 3.
- in case WW blocks you have frame advantage after catstance 1. Pokes will be stuffed when timed correctly.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The Catwoman forum is dead. :(

Does anyone still play her....?

Ra Helios

Omnipotent God-like Selina Kyle Player
I will start playing with her again. Once I buy me a expensive Fight stick. I could no longer bare using a controller no more. It doesn't last very long for me. Only weeks or 1 month. The D-pad is irresponsive. When I try to use a move. I just stand their and when I put in a command button, it put in a different command button.

Ra Helios

I do. My matches against coolwhip's batman are hype as fuck. But i still think that batman is one of her worst MUs imo
5-5 at the highest level. Level up!!!! You will get better. It will only take some time. Use 122 ender reset. Follow it up with a guessing game. F112, 2d2 ( which is a frame trap if block. So what you have to do is poke catclaw) B123 or a b2. Apply alot of pressure to batman. He will lose most of the time. He also has the worst wake-ups in the game.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
5-5 at the highest level. Level up!!!! You will get better. It will only take some time. Use 122 ender reset. Follow it up with a guessing game. F112, 2d2 ( which is a frame trap if block. So what you have to do is poke catclaw) B123 or a b2. Apply alot of pressure to batman. He will lose most of the time. He also has the worst wake-ups in the game.
Leave the worst wake ups to kitty lol yea i know about the frame traps. I train with ryumanjisen who by far has the best batman in EU. I have no problem beating batmen except ryu's who's pretty unpredictable and can read my every damn move!

ryumanjisen

I only work in black,sometimes in very dark grey.
Your main weakness right now, Rodrigue, is your predictable jump ins. You need to stop jumping, cause if I read it I can punish with a 30% combo ending in a reset.

Do this: for a couple of days, try to play every match without doing a single jump. Never, nunca, don't ever think to touch the up button on the d-pad. Get used to play without jumping, that way you'll mind won't betray you when you play against me. :)

Funny. I recently started thinking about the same thing. I can't help with editing, but I think I came up with some good anti WW wakeup tech that I haven't seen before. I didn't want to post it before exploring it a little bit more, but as far as I can tell it's legit. In any case go to the lab and test it; i'll be glad if someone can either confirm or dismiss this stuff:

WW's only "true" wakeup with invincibility seems to be her lasso spin. What you can do is:
- dash in after 1f2, and go into catstance immediately. Her lasso spin will whiff due to CW's low hitbox while in catstance, and you can launch her with 1 (cartwheel) and b3 into a combo of choice.
- you can chose to end a combo with 112, and cancel into catstance 3 after the last hit of 112. The pounce will whiff, but you'll land directly near the grounded opponent (it's not a hard knockdown though) and can again go into catstance 1 to punish WW's wakeup attempt.

Other WW wakeups:
- catstance 1 can basically stuff all of WW's wakeups, though the timing varies
- catstance itself lowers CW enough to avoid WW's wakeups except amazonian uppercut
- to stuff all wakeups you have to end your combo with 1f2. Ending with 112 does not give you enough time to punish WWs amazonian uppercut on wakeup (also CW's hitbox will not be low enough to avoid getting hit)
- all of WW's wakeups, except the lasso spin, can be stuffed with standing 3 (33b2 -> b3 ...). Someone made a thread about how to stuff wakeups with standing 3.
- in case WW blocks you have frame advantage after catstance 1. Pokes will be stuffed when timed correctly.
Or you could just back 3 her on wake up (without using meter for armor). A delayed back 3 will cause her lasso spin to whiff completely and leave her wide open for the back 3 to cleanly hit. This goes for anything else she has too. That's why I consider this MU in CW's fav, if not even.

Ra Helios

Leave the worst wake ups to kitty lol yea i know about the frame traps. I train with ryumanjisen who by far has the best batman in EU. I have no problem beating batmen except ryu's who's pretty unpredictable and can read my every damn move!
Batman has the worst wake up in the game. It is invisible. But at the same time when you use the 122. Do not do it so early. Do it when you can predict when he is about to get up. Or j1 cross up. Catwoman j1 has a block advantage of 22 + which is good. The j1 positive comes in when you don't connect the j1 so early. I played forever king, C88 Godsmack, and the #1 batman on the leader boards. I have enough experience with batman already. I just wish her poke is a 6 instead of a 7 because most of her frames are bad. Especially her f1 (16). Also when you push batman to midscreen to corner. You should use this. F112 or 112 or b121 for a starter combo. So 112,BF1,J1,112whip. Only use this when you are going midscreen to all the way in the corner. Now after that, you could j1, 50/50mix up or use dash in while the hard knock down is still in effect of the whip you use for a cross up or not a cross up b2,112,Ra Helios Mbcatdash b3, 1,f2 or catscratch. Then it will put him back in the corner. Like a good friend told me, catwoman is build on patients. So use your whip tools to push him back in the corner. And try for a 50/50 mix up. This will help you.

Ra Helios

Plus. No batman can fool me with a trait reset. I always read it and punish it. Each and every single time they use it

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Batman has the worst wake up in the game. It is invisible. But at the same time when you use the 122. Do not do it so early. Do it when you can predict when he is about to get up. Or j1 cross up. Catwoman j1 has a block advantage of 22 + which is good. The j1 positive comes in when you don't connect the j1 so early. I played forever king, C88 Godsmack, and the #1 batman on the leader boards. I have enough experience with batman already. I just wish her poke is a 6 instead of a 7 because most of her frames are bad. Especially her f1 (16). Also when you push batman to midscreen to corner. You should use this. F112 or 112 or b121 for a starter combo. So 112,BF1,J1,112whip. Only use this when you are going midscreen to all the way in the corner. Now after that, you could j1, 50/50mix up or use dash in while the hard knock down is still in effect of the whip you use for a cross up or not a cross up b2,112,Ra Helios Mbcatdash b3, 1,f2 or catscratch. Then it will put him back in the corner. Like a good friend told me, catwoman is build on patients. So use your whip tools to push him back in the corner. And try for a 50/50 mix up. This will help you.
I just got a 35 games win streak with kitty in koth today. My corner game is good. I use the same tech you mentioned no problemo. However, i find the b2 useless sometimes. I use it for flashy 63% combos with interactables and burn 2 bars but aside from that i find myself sticking with 112~whip for hard knockdowns and 122 just like u said

Ra Helios

I just got a 35 games win streak with kitty in koth today. My corner game is good. I use the same tech you mentioned no problemo. However, i find the b2 useless sometimes. I use it for flashy 63% combos with interactables and burn 2 bars but aside from that i find myself sticking with 112~whip for hard knockdowns and 122 just like u said
Good. Good. Make sure when you do a corner combo and have meter. Do the RaheliosMb catdash b3,f3 1f2 to push him back in the corner. So it can give you some breathing space. Especially when catwoman can do 50% more damage in the corner. I only recommend the 122 for midscreen unless you are playing against KF , HG, RAVEN, and some others. You can do a 1f2 combo ender and dash right through them while they are knock down or the walking corpse and do a combo

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
People have probably already discussed it, but one trick I use is ending combos with Claws. Provided the entire animation hits (it's height specific) it sends the opponent flying. Now this is assuming that they don't wake up with some advancing special, but it puts you at the perfect distance to dash up, then cross them over with a j1... and basically hit them with Selina's ass.

I call it her Ass Tech. But yeah... it works lol, though it's obviously not something you can abuse.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Do other Catwoman mains, such as GGA 16 Bit, Krayzie, Runway Mafia, Under_The_Mayo believe that Catwoman beats Batman?

It is the opinion of King and other Batman players that the match-up is even.

However, according to Ra Helios, Batman's trait, "has no effect at all" on Catwoman.

Who agrees with this man?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Do other Catwoman mains, such as GGA 16 Bit, Krayzie, Runway Mafia, Under_The_Mayo believe that Catwoman beats Batman?

However, according to Ra Helios, Batman's trait, "has no effect at all" on Catwoman.

I assume it's a reference to shenanigans like b+3 going under bats.

I do not agree.

Justice

Noob

I don't think anyone does, at least on that specific point. Batman's trait tracks or homes in on its target so it can't be evaded and is extremely difficult to get around. The thing that Batman has to be careful of is trait pressure that can be armored through.

I can see why some would consider this a 5/5. I personally feel it is 6/4 Batman because of the tracking on trait and Grapple Gun and the wonky hurt box of Catwoman's whips.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
Not sure if known but i accidentally forced an opponent to stand up whilst playing last night using straight whip.
The way I could do it consecutively in order to try and see if this is viable at all was in the corner, using the simple combo of :

d2, db 1, 3, 3, df 1.

Time it right and you will force the opponent to stand. There are more damaging combos ending in an auto stand, but this is a good one to get used to it.
It seemed to me that if timed correctly, you could auto stand opponent mid screen and corner ending certain combos in 3, 3, df 1.

Rude

I don't think anyone does, at least on that specific point. Batman's trait tracks or homes in on its target so it can't be evaded and is extremely difficult to get around. The thing that Batman has to be careful of is trait pressure that can be armored through.

I can see why some would consider this a 5/5. I personally feel it is 6/4 Batman because of the tracking on trait and Grapple Gun and the wonky hurt box of Catwoman's whips.
Catwoman can heavily abuse Batman on a knockdown. He can either parry, have a wake-up slide stuffed, or guess. His most safe option is to guess. Her air attack(the 5 frame one) can consistently beat out his j2 and j1, and he has a very hard time with her in the corner, which I am told Catwoman excels more than others in. Her corner game, that is.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Batman's slide is fully invincible until it's active. Batman players say it can be stuffed earlier but I've never seen it and I've looked into it and am generally pretty good at timing stuffing wakeups. If I'm wrong on this I'd love to see a video and I'll practice this even harder but I don't see it.

This means if she's pressuring him on wakeup and she's doing an attack so late she can stuff then Batman could have used other options like backdash or jump out. Both his jump back and backdash are super good for that. So he's got slide, parry, and the other universal options. I mean this isn't the best wakeup in the game but it's not as bad as like Raven. At least she can't just run 50/50 on you all day.

If Catwoman's jump 1 is beating Batman's jump 2 it means she threw it out preemptively. That's full combo punishable with trip guard. If your jump 2 is getting blown up by preemptive jump 1 you're either being way too predictable or Catwoman made a good read. It's whatever. It's the fundamentals of jump attacks in Injustice, it's not a talking point of that mu.

Rude

Batman's slide is fully invincible until it's active. Batman players say it can be stuffed earlier but I've never seen it and I've looked into it and am generally pretty good at timing stuffing wakeups. If I'm wrong on this I'd love to see a video and I'll practice this even harder but I don't see it.

This means if she's pressuring him on wakeup and she's doing an attack so late she can stuff then Batman could have used other options like backdash or jump out. Both his jump back and backdash are super good for that. So he's got slide, parry, and the other universal options. I mean this isn't the best wakeup in the game but it's not as bad as like Raven. At least she can't just run 50/50 on you all day.

If Catwoman's jump 1 is beating Batman's jump 2 it means she threw it out preemptively. That's full combo punishable with trip guard. If your jump 2 is getting blown up by preemptive jump 1 you're either being way too predictable or Catwoman made a good read. It's whatever. It's the fundamentals of jump attacks in Injustice, it's not a talking point of that mu.
Fair enough. I have a question: Could she not use the armor of Catdash and absorb slide's 1 hit?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Fair enough. I have a question: Could she not use the armor of Catdash and absorb slide's 1 hit?

She could but I don't know why she would...?

Do you know how MB Cat Dash works? Only the second part has armor. MB Cat Dash is basically two Cat Dashes. She does the normal one and it has it's travel time and then you MB it and she does a second one. It can either go straight across like one long Cat Dash or go back around past the opponent if she's close to them. Only this second part has armor. So it takes quite a long time for it to be armored. So, no she couldn't up close do a MB Cat Dash and armor through a slide. She could only armor it if for some reason you like did it way out of range and she had done it.

Rude

She could but I don't know why she would...?

Do you know how MB Cat Dash works? Only the second part has armor. MB Cat Dash is basically two Cat Dashes. She does the normal one and it has it's travel time and then you MB it and she does a second one. It can either go straight across like one long Cat Dash or go back around past the opponent if she's close to them. Only this second part has armor. So it takes quite a long time for it to be armored. So, no she couldn't up close do a MB Cat Dash and armor through a slide. She could only armor it if for some reason you like did it way out of range and she had done it.
...That's why I was asking, sir. Because I didn't know.

Not everyone masks wise-ass remarks in question format. Some of us ask actual questions.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
...That's why I was asking, sir. Because I didn't know.

Not everyone masks wise-ass remarks in question format. Some of us ask actual questions.

Ya I wasn't meaning to blow you up, it's a weird move. People that don't play Selina often seem to think it's like Kabal's EX Dash and you can just blow through projectiles on reaction.