What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
It's a Japan exlusive at the moment, though i'm 110% sure it'll probably be one of the packs that come with Zod.

I'm very on and off with Catwoman in this game, but this costume will definitely make her a mainstay with me.
You and me both, great costume. Her others suck, even though I like Rachel Maddow.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
The online netcode for this game is pretty bad. Offline I can always get D1 claw combos, online I can never manage this and wind up getting d1 whip. Even worse, when they empty cross up jump and I go for D1 I get whip. I like her but I don't think I want to optimize my game for online play.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
2 questions about the same thing.

12 is -1
F1 is +2
B1 is -2

1. Would a blocked 12 string or F1 xx B1 an untapped frame trap?
2. Would it be smart to pressure with B1 if 1F2 is used for MU?

AK-Israel

I'm Back
Did you take in account the recovery frames on 1,2.If i'm not mistaking those # you posted are just her frame advantage on block....right???

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Right.

I've never worried about frame data before but I am doing my best to level up and be a smarter player.
So more time in the lab and asking questions.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
That's good dude glad to hear you trying level up and learn.Just read the patch notes and was wondering how important was catwoman 1 F2 ,cause it got nerf from +8 on block to +3???

Ninj

2 questions about the same thing.

12 is -1
F1 is +2
B1 is -2

1. Would a blocked 12 string or F1 xx B1 an untapped frame trap?
2. Would it be smart to pressure with B1 if 1F2 is used for MU?
It would be smarter to do D1, Catclaws after a blocked 1F2 (+3 post patch). This blows your opponent up for 38% I believe into a HKD if it lands, and the D1,CC is safe on block. Once they respect that, add in throws instead after a blocked 1F2.

Ninj

That's good dude glad to hear you trying level up and learn.Just read the patch notes and was wondering how important was catwoman 1 F2 ,cause it got nerf from +8 on block to +3???
It was and still is very important. Easy HKD to land, very fast starter with standing 1, overhead, +on block, avoids some low hitting moves (GA's low arrow explosion for instance).

Right now, 1F2 is a block infinite. That's why it's being nerfed.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
It would be smarter to do D1, Catclaws after a blocked 1F2 (+3 post patch). This blows your opponent up for 38% I believe into a HKD if it lands, and the D1,CC is safe on block. Once they respect that, add in throws instead after a blocked 1F2.

Noticed that I can only do it as a string but it is a pretty awesome set up. If I try to D1, CC, I end up doing her high evade.

EDIT:
I got it...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Noticed that I can only do it as a string but it is a pretty awesome set up. If I try to D1, CC, I end up doing her high evade.
Practice it slowly. Be very distinct with your movements, i.e down, back forward, 1

And just keep doing it faster and faster. Sometimes you wont want to cancel immediately, but d1 two or three times and try to catch their counterpoke with the CC

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Holy crap the range on her df3 is ridiculous! Her d3 seems pretty damn good to get those juicy untechable knockdowns too.

Zoidberg747

Holy crap the range on her df3 is ridiculous! Her d3 seems pretty damn good to get those juicy untechable knockdowns too.
DF3 is good to go under projectiles. It is hella punishable so don't throw it out too much.

D3 is the same way, great range but very punishable

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Has anyone experimented with ending corner combos with 1f2 then dash? I've only had a brief play but neutral jumps can end in either side from what I can gather.

Zoidberg747

Has anyone experimented with ending corner combos with 1f2 then dash? I've only had a brief play but neutral jumps can end in either side from what I can gather.
I always end my corner combos in 1f2, not necessarily a dash after though. It might be good for crossup potential, but if you have meter MB Catdash could do the same thing.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I always end my corner combos in 1f2, not necessarily a dash after though. It might be good for crossup potential, but if you have meter MB Catdash could do the same thing.
I mean a regular dash rather than catdash.

Since you don't know what side you will land you cannot use a b1 or f1 starter. You can use NJ1, 112 though. Basically you dial in NJ1, 112 then depending on the side you land.

When landing in the corner
NJ1, 112~claws, f2~dash MB, f3, 1f2 for 40%

When landing out of the corner
NJ1, 112~flip, f2~whip, 11~dash MB, f3, 1f2 for 43%

Both end with you out of the corner again.

Zoidberg747

I mean a regular dash rather than catdash.

Since you don't know what side you will land you cannot use a b1 or f1 starter. You can use NJ1, 112 though. Basically you dial in NJ1, 112 then depending on the side you land.

When landing in the corner
NJ1, 112~claws, f2~dash MB, f3, 1f2 for 40%

When landing out of the corner
NJ1, 112~flip, f2~whip, 11~dash MB, f3, 1f2 for 43%

Both end with you out of the corner again.
This is very interesting. Will mess around with it more. Great find.

Hey, guys. I'm picking up catwoman again and I can do her combos but what are some of her best moves and combo starters? Also, what are her best pokes? I mostly use her whip to poke.

Reborn

Noob
Not sure if it is known or not but her front and back throw leaves Catwoman at the max range for a j2.

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed that you can make Superman's Rising Grab and Grundy's Walking Corpse (both grabs) wiff on wakeup with either a meaty b1 or f1. You can punish Supes by hitting only b1 or f1 and Grundy by letting b12d3 or f112 rip and combo like normal. Haven't tested it out on too many other character's wakeups but just thought it was strange and very helpful if you notice your opponent constantly waking up with either.

Hey, guys. I'm picking up catwoman again and I can do her combos but what are some of her best moves and combo starters? Also, what are her best pokes? I mostly use her whip to poke.
For combo starters:
112 (mid) - is her quickest starter (6f) but has shortest range and does the least damage
b12d3 (low) - has slightly better range than her 1 and does the most damage in combos (+5% more than 112)
f112 (overhead) - has the longest range and does solid damage (+1% more than 112)

Her best poke is d1 xx bf1 as it safe (negative on block, but safe) and full combo punishes if it connects. Be sure to practice this motion though because if you come out with d1 xx whip (which happens online more than I'd like to admit) will get you punished.

Hey guys I've been trying out Catwomen for a bit and I was wondering if you guys use d1 xx cat stance (cartwheel). It's safe and grants a full combo on hit.