What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It's very good for Selina.

Her b+1 vs. b+2/f+3 50/50 was easy to fuzzy guard. I do not know how it was going for you guys but the top guys who'd been playing the MU for a long time with me would fuzzy it consistently and I had to condition them to remain blocking so I could delay the b+1. This is why I was saying her 50/50 was overrated and not as good as a character like Killer Frost. It sucked. She now has a straight up 50/50 with b+1 and f+1. This also greatly improves her footsies game since it opens up f+1 and sweep as a 50/50 from sweep distance.

Dulllyanna

You're going to shoot guns at me?
I never even bothered to use f3 as an overhead, just gimmick 1f2 2/d2 instead. Don't even need to bother with that now outside of the former for pressure on occasion.

Oh shit F1 is an overhead now! Now I don't even need to think in some of my setups. It's so brain-dead now.

After Wonderchef's F3 F3 hard knock down set up where you land on top of them, what I like to do is neutral jump 1 then go for a low or an overhead. So they have to block in-front or behind then high or low. Now I can just neutral jump 1 and either go f1 or b1 and not even have to think what side I land on because on overhead or low will just come out regardless.

(Assuming there is not a gap between a neutral jump 1 and f1 or b1, I'm not sure)

LockM

Noob
The f1 being an overhead is going to be really strong, like it was mentioned, it's pretty braindead. On block wasn't f1 positive also...

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
yea i just getting ready to say that. this change alone makes her 50/50 stronger right. f112~bnb after the hard knockdown.

TPH GUNSHOT

Grind to Win
Time for the bandwagons to join your forums guys lmao. I can see it now. I play all the female characters so you will see me everywhere

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Who can say for sure for now but I play both Catwoman and Killer Frost and I very much doubt Catwoman will now be as good as Killer Frost.

It's downplaying just how good Killer Frost is. It's beyond good 50/50's. Killer Frost is simply more rounded, she has it all. Superior wakeup attack, super anti-air, superior zoning, the best parry in the game. Killer Frost is even still better at the 50/50 and knockdown game. Frost's hard knockdown setups are better than Catwoman's and with a bar of meter KF can give you absolutely no option at all but to guess again. The only thing Catwoman has going for her in this comparison is meterless damage, full screen armor and jump 2. But then has the resets, slide and air dash as direct counters.

Plus the likely MU numbers are not comparable. Catwoman is still going to lose to Aquaman. His nerfs will help but it's going to be a very bad MU still, almost certainly worse than any MU KF loses. KF probably has almost no truly bad MU and beats some of the top characters in the game.

webreg

Noob
Did CatWoman really need this? I play her as a main so I'm not complaining but it seems strange. Ok, I do complain a little because now I fear she will get flavor of the month and I kind of like to play fringe characters. I was doing just fine with F3/B1 because most players can't fuzzy guard it but I guess on a higher competitive level it was possible.

Small question though. Am I the only person who likes to use F2D31? After 1F2 you can whiff the F2 to make the D3 hit on wake up.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but Catwoman's Cat Stance completely avoids Doomsday's jumping d3. I'm going to have to assume it works for Bane as well.

EDIT: Since this can be done on reaction, she can do CS 1 after he's landed for a potential combo. If they go for an attack because they're already hitting the inputs they'll get nailed, and if they block she's safe at -3 with a small pushback. They respect the CS 1? Then throw. :)

Again, sorry if this has already been brought up.

LockM

Noob
What i think she actually needed was having the knockback from certain strings and specials to be significantly reduced, alot of her stuff pushes the opponent fullscreen again. Though these are circumvented by certain combos now and the lovely setups the double f3 an 1f2 combos give. She needed certain strings/normals/special to be plus or neutral on block to maintain pressure imo.

Instead she has been given the f1 overhead...which i'll gladly take, it's almost too fast to react to in combination with her low starters, you have to be on point and looking for it, it has great range, part of a string, positive on block.

The f1 doesn't help her in matchups, she still struggles with the same characters and tactics, the f1 buff helps her in the knockdown situations making her mixup game on wakeup alot stronger.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Yeah she's still not very good.

Move along everyone, let us poor Catwoman mains live in peace with our mediocre character who will never be as good as KF.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

webreg

Noob
Well, CatWoman is quite good but you have to work harder for your wins than other characters of the cast. People don't like to work hard. And why should you if you can get the same result by doing less? She has a lot of options though and in the hand of a pro with experience she can shine so hard it will blind you.

So I guess CW is good but has to work harder for less and will probably never be as popular as the MANs. Just like in the real world. Quite ironic.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
How is she S tier now according to R&B?

Does the Catwoman main-ers feel the same way that she's S tier?