What's new

Play Time For Kitty, Purr -- Catwoman General Discussion Thread

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
How is she S tier now according to R&B?

Does the Catwoman main-ers feel the same way that she's S tier?
Like I said in that thread, they are bullshitting. There is NO WAY you can make a viable tier list in one day of such a game chaning patch.

Also like someone else said, this actually doesnt change her matchup numbers too much. I for one am not buying that she beats Deathstroke.

Backfire

Noob
OMGZZZ CATWOMAN IS SO OP NOW!!

people have got to stop making her have a legit overhead combo start is a good step forward for catwoman but i dont see her as an S tier char yet although she is still my favourite and will always be my main.

webreg

Noob
She can be competitive and is able to win tournaments. Yes, she currently has to work harder than the current top tier cast and she does have some bad match-ups but it's doable. I think this is the perfect spot for a character to be in and for me CW is the role model for balance in Injustice other characters have to strive for. Whether this means nerfing them or buffing them. Funnily enough I think DeathStroke is now on the same level.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Ok, I come from a Mileena, Kitana, and Sindel background... and honestly... I'm not sure how to play Catwoman. I can't just keep opponent's at bay with projectiles and punish mistakes or AA easily. How do you fellow Catwoman players utilize her? I almost feel like I'm being TOO careful with her, and like Mileena, need to play her with a sense of reckless abandon.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Ok, I come from a Mileena, Kitana, and Sindel background... and honestly... I'm not sure how to play Catwoman. I can't just keep opponent's at bay with projectiles and punish mistakes or AA easily. How do you fellow Catwoman players utilize her? I almost feel like I'm being TOO careful with her, and like Mileena, need to play her with a sense of reckless abandon.
As a Kitana main...I mostly rush down with her but in a sense of a "punishers" patience/mentality. Meaning you should be agressive while going with a steady rythym...but she can also wait around and evade while waiting to punish full screen away. Also, I think some of the posters in here are greatly downplaying her...she has awesome tools and can seriously wreak havoc if the player using her has a brainstem thats connected. Imo...she allows clever/smart players thrive. Killer Frost is better...but not by much.

That f1 buff is doing wonders for me. Tonight is get people in one combo and reset them with 1f2 into jump in and I swear it wrecked people having that legit 50/50. I was stealing matches from one read then looping that set up.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Is F112 after B3,JI3 undoable now because f1 is OH?

EDIT: Ok. It seems like it won't hit raw, but it will in the combo I am learning.

Blakexton

Shinnuk
Repped catwoman in a local tournament last night. Sadly we didn't play with the latest patch so my mixups weren't all they could be. I stupidly threw out a cat dash MB when the opponent was blocking and got torn up.
But second place isn't too bad for us catwoman players.

Zoidberg747

Repped catwoman in a local tournament last night. Sadly we didn't play with the latest patch so my mixups weren't all they could be. I stupidly threw out a cat dash MB when the opponent was blocking and got torn up.
But second place isn't too bad for us catwoman players.
Well Done

Gurrry

Twitch - 12DollarStreamMonster
Recently picked up CW...

Loving her F+1 overhead buff. My whole game with her is to get a knockdown, and either OTG you with her B+1,2 or hit you with the over head F+1 into BnB.

She definately isnt OP. And she has really bad matchups on people with multi hitting projectiles (green lantern, deathstroke, etc).

Her MB cat dash is godlike as well. One of the best moves in the game, easily.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I feel like Catwoman is going to be heavily affected as the metagame evolves. Right now, people are still playing the game as if it were MK; poking out of pressure with d1 then going for a string with advantage. People (myself included) really need to train themselves poke with d1 and cancel into claws every time. Catwoman will get a 30%+ combo every time she pokes out of a string, and that's a powerful tool (characters like Killer Frost will be ultimately getting amazing damage from this as well) I also think this will affect the strings used by other characters, and Catwoman's two main combo starters (b12d3 and f112) will make life very hard for anyone looking to poke out of her blockstrings while also being 50/50's.

Similarly, I feel like her pressure game will be hurt as more people take advantage of the invincible wakeup attacks. As they're mastered, it'll be just as much a risk for Catwoman to pressure on wakeup as it is for someone to wakeup into a potential bait. Too many players are letting Catwoman bully them with her strings on knockdown instead of learning what wakeup attacks could potentially beat her out.

That being said, I feel like the game has a looooong way to go before characters (and mechanics) are being played to their full potential, and the current tier-lists don't reflect much of this at all. Things will definitely be shaken up, and I'm excited to see where Selina ends up when all is said and done. :)

Combo Challenge:

If anyone can connect a Cat Dash (MB) after an up whip midscreen in this version of the game without using corners or any intractable nonsense, I will be forever impressed. I doubt you can, but that is going to be my goal for the rest of this game's lifespan.

I'm without internet for a couple weeks so I'm just labbing it up. Question, does anyone use this gimmick any...

Whatever string into cat dash b3 f3 wiff wait dash(wiffs over downed opponent) mb crosses back and connects?

I remember seeing a video of krayzie or someone doing it but I don't see anyone ever doing it. I think if used sparringly it could really make the opponent afraid to do much on wake up when combined with her other options.

chemist4hire

I Got Guiled
Does catwoman have any armor break moves she can use to stop grundy, bane and doomsday players from just charging in and getting combos for free?

CheapEddie

I HAVE A FACE NOW!
Does catwoman have any armor break moves she can use to stop grundy, bane and doomsday players from just charging in and getting combos for free?
Against Grundy`s WC and DD`s Venom-MB b3 works very well. But if Grundy gets beaten by b3 easily, to perform that against DD is really difficult. So, u need to start using b3 to make first part of Venom whiff. Then, u activate armor on it to "eat" second part.

The only situation Catwoman struggles with Bane is when he is close at her. On the midscreen Bane can`t use his Charge at all, because Kitty easily evades it and punish for full combo. His jmpd3 might be a problem but again only on crossup distance.
I never actually tried cat claws against his armorbf2-spam upclose. I`ll check this later.

Zoidberg747

I'm without internet for a couple weeks so I'm just labbing it up. Question, does anyone use this gimmick any...

Whatever string into cat dash b3 f3 wiff wait dash(wiffs over downed opponent) mb crosses back and connects?

I remember seeing a video of krayzie or someone doing it but I don't see anyone ever doing it. I think if used sparringly it could really make the opponent afraid to do much on wake up when combined with her other options.
Most catwomans do something along these lines. I usually do it off of low whip.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
WTF WHERE IS THIS SKIN?

WHO SENT YOU AND HOW DO I GET THIS?

It's a Japan exlusive at the moment, though i'm 110% sure it'll probably be one of the packs that come with Zod.

I'm very on and off with Catwoman in this game, but this costume will definitely make her a mainstay with me.