What's new

General/Other - Piercing Piercing Variation General Discussion

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
xx = Cancel
F343 xx Tele-Kick xx Air Sai, 2, 2, B12 xx Ball Roll, walk or run back a bit, D2, 21U4 = 44% Meterless
You can meter burn U3 and then do B21, 2+4 and get 52% but if the timing is too hard, do 2, 4 xx Ball Roll instead of 2, 2, B12 xx Ball Roll for a little more juggle time and 1% less damage.

Last edited:

Nu-Skoool

Feel the nerf of despair
IMO I wouldn't end a corner combo with u4. There's not a whole lot of frame advantage.

You're better off with b122+4 for the standing reset or 1,21u4 for the hard knockdown.

ExpiredCodes

IMO I wouldn't end a corner combo with u4. There's not a whole lot of frame advantage.

You're better off with b122+4 for the standing reset or 1,21u4 for the hard knockdown.
Actually yeah, unless you're planning on burning the meter for the extra damage, do 21U4 instead of U3. It still gets 44%. @ArsonX

Last edited:

ExpiredCodes

These are generally what my go to corner BnBs look like.
Does 2, 2, B12 give you enough juggle time after a U3 MB for Sadistic Ways?

Edit: Nvm, I just landed it. This makes me wish the combo thread was updated.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
i found a 46% corner meterless for piercing but it's so damn hard to do
f343 telekick, delayed air sai, jump 4 air sai (the hardest part), B12 roll, run out of the corner B212+4
You need to delay the air sai after telekick for long enough to make jump 4 connect

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
xx = Cancel
F343 xx Tele-Kick xx Air Sai, 2, 2, B12 xx Ball Roll, walk or run back a bit, D2, 21U4 = 44% Meterless
You can meter burn U3 and then do B21, 2+4 and get 52% but if the timing is too hard
I do a similar variant of the 52% combo (123 xx roll instead of B12 xx roll) but wanted to ask can you land this combo on females because I've never been able to.

ExpiredCodes

I do a similar variant of the 52% combo (123 xx roll instead of B12 xx roll) but wanted to ask can you land this combo on females because I've never been able to.
I tried it on Kitana for nearly an hour (B12 and 123) and never landed it. I don't think it's possible on the females.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
In one Kitana thread they mention Kitana's f22u4 air glaive string. It's a good footsie tool of mournful because they long range f2 and air glaive being an overhead (it can catch people thinking Kitana has no overhead). Mileena got pushed back the furthest after u4, and she's the only one can armored through the air glaive to punish Kitana

TheGabStandard

i found a 46% corner meterless for piercing but it's so damn hard to do
f343 telekick, delayed air sai, jump 4 air sai (the hardest part), B12 roll, run out of the corner B212+4
You need to delay the air sai after telekick for long enough to make jump 4 connect
Tried the combo and you're right it's pretty hard. However experiementing made me found a combo that feels a bit easier for the same damage:

F343 xx Telekick xx air sai, 2, 2, 123 xx Roll, run, B212+4

Was practicing the following combos this weekend. I forget the actual percentage but I believe the midscreen one is in the high 20s low 30s. And the Corner carry one might be high 30s. Maybe someone here can check for me later today?

Midscreen 1 bar:
Air-to-air Jump 4 xx EX Air Sai ~ Run ~ b12 xx Roll, delayed b2,1,2+4
(Can do this with regular air sai, but EX Air Sai gives more time to followup)

Near corner 1 bar:
Anti-Air Telekick xx Air Sai, f2,3 xx Roll ~ run back ~ d2, u3 MB, b2,1,2+4
(Can replace f23 with b12 for easier timing)

TheGabStandard

Was practicing the following combos this weekend. I forget the actual percentage but I believe the midscreen one is in the high 20s low 30s. And the Corner carry one might be high 30s. Maybe someone here can check for me later today?

Midscreen 1 bar:
Air-to-air Jump 4 xx EX Air Sai ~ Run ~ b12 xx Roll, delayed b2,1,2+4
(Can do this with regular air sai, but EX Air Sai gives more time to followup)

Near corner 1 bar:
Anti-Air Telekick xx Air Sai, f2,3 xx Roll ~ run back ~ d2, u3 MB, b2,1,2+4
(Can replace f23 with b12 for easier timing)
First combo is 34%, if you use regular sai instead of EX the damage is 31%.

2nd combo is 43%

First combo is 34%, if you use regular sai instead of EX the damage is 31%.

2nd combo is 43%
Wow 43% huh? Thanks. I needed to start looking into these odd kinds of conversions more to get better damage. What about the same midscreen combo using Air-to-air jump 1/2?

Also I tend to get a lot of air hits with f2 and b1. The recovery is too slow on b1 to do anything with, but maybe she can at least Roll after f2 hits in the air?

TheGabStandard

29% with regular sai and 32% with ex sai for combos starting with air-to-air j1or2.

As for B1 and F2, B1 actually recovers faster than F2. Can't do anything after F2 due to the recovery. If you hit B1 at the tip of the jump you can do roll, njp b212+4 for 28%

29% with regular sai and 32% with ex sai for combos starting with air-to-air j1or2.

As for B1 and F2, B1 actually recovers faster than F2. Can't do anything after F2 due to the recovery. If you hit B1 at the tip of the jump you can do roll, njp b212+4 for 28%
Cool. Actually I'm talking about hitting them as they start to jump away. Like if I run at them and do b1/f2 and they get hit on the way up.

Last edited: