What's new

General/Other - Piercing Piercing Variation General Discussion

Haha, far from gamebreaking and far from SAFE! Unless you added some clever ideas in, it's not even hitconfirmable (outside of ethereal). Cancel window on 21 is just so tight.
This really makes it sound bad, lol... Mileena and safety had that falling out back in 2011

Jolt

Uprise
This really makes it sound bad, lol... Mileena and safety had that falling out back in 2011
LOL! You're right. Seriously though, it's good. Gets us some extra grabs in. It's a solid tactic, we just have to remember to mix it up. I actually feel like it might be strongest in Ravenous now that I'm thinking about it. Haven't tried that particular variation, but the threat of low pounce could help it for sure.

LOL! You're right. Seriously though, it's good. Gets us some extra grabs in. It's a solid tactic, we just have to remember to mix it up. I actually feel like it might be strongest in Ravenous now that I'm thinking about it. Haven't tried that particular variation, but the threat of low pounce could help it for sure.
All variations have strengths. You'll see when I get it edited, lol. Ravenous benefits from meterless mixup. Ethereal has EX Fade to extend combo damage. Piercing has... other stuff

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Personally, Mileena strikes me as a footsies character in general. Not sure why, but I feel like her F2 & B12 & even B22 are good for that. I also like playing the mixup/pressure game. So yeah I'm going to start using Ravenous more.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I just love this variation over the others because it's the one that's most reflective or her as a character (sais and shit lol). She always struck me as the type of character that just "feeds" off of the opponent's mistakes and impatience, and this variation IMO, does that the best. Low and regular sai zoning creates a low of impatience/running/jumping and if they play it smart by being patient, effective zoning will have net you well over 15% in chip alone and a ton of meter which MOST of not all players now respect an EXroll upclose in which you can run up grab and throw them back to square one. Countless matches I've had, this worked or I was able to just keep backing up to the corner so that I could intentionally swap sides and have them chase me again.

B1/B12 is like her only footsie tool and IMO for that reason, is why I think piercing MIGHT be her best variation. From what's mentioned above, ethereal and ravenous HAVE to be played upclose, with a character that has no true mixups and can be blocked practically all match long just waiting for a mistake. Piercing on the other hand not only has the means to play up close or from full screen, but she actually gains a legitimate footsie tool that its post block options actually give her a fighting chance to even the field. Not to mention its useful as an AA, she gets various restands in this variation, and only falls short of ravenous damage by like 2% at worst

I just love this variation over the others because it's the one that's most reflective or her as a character (sais and shit lol). She always struck me as the type of character that just "feeds" off of the opponent's mistakes and impatience, and this variation IMO, does that the best. Low and regular sai zoning creates a low of impatience/running/jumping and if they play it smart by being patient, effective zoning will have net you well over 15% in chip alone and a ton of meter which MOST of not all players now respect an EXroll upclose in which you can run up grab and throw them back to square one. Countless matches I've had, this worked or I was able to just keep backing up to the corner so that I could intentionally swap sides and have them chase me again.

B1/B12 is like her only footsie tool and IMO for that reason, is why I think piercing MIGHT be her best variation. From what's mentioned above, ethereal and ravenous HAVE to be played upclose, with a character that has no true mixups and can be blocked practically all match long just waiting for a mistake. Piercing on the other hand not only has the means to play up close or from full screen, but she actually gains a legitimate footsie tool that its post block options actually give her a fighting chance to even the field. Not to mention its useful as an AA, she gets various restands in this variation, and only falls short of ravenous damage by like 2% at worst
B2 is a good footsie tool in the other variations. So is F23 and D4. And Standing Sai. Ethereal is the most versatile variation, imo. Fades allow her to run away, pressure, and counterattack. Not that Piercing isn't decent.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
B2 is a good footsie tool in the other variations. So is F23 and D4. And Standing Sai. Ethereal is the most versatile variation, imo. Fades allow her to run away, pressure, and counterattack. Not that Piercing isn't decent.
Like I can see how it's versatile on paper, but not in match IMO. Fade or rather EXfade, IS an amazing tool, but the biggest issue for me is how meter dependent the variation is with no means to safely build it. Like b2 is good and all, but it has a gap unlike b12, and while I do feel confident that in time, EXfade will play a major factor in her winning matches due to gaps, its also going to become a wildcard when they learn NOT to use the gaps and she winds up burning a bar and still not opening them up or punishing them, while losing damage too.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Like I can see how it's versatile on paper, but not in match IMO. Fade or rather EXfade, IS an amazing tool, but the biggest issue for me is how meter dependent the variation is with no means to safely build it. Like b2 is good and all, but it has a gap unlike b12, and while I do feel confident that in time, EXfade will play a major factor in her winning matches due to gaps, its also going to become a wildcard when they learn NOT to use the gaps and she winds up burning a bar and still not opening them up or punishing them, while losing damage too.
The gap in B22 is irrelevant. Nobody is going to armour that on reaction and at max range there is no gap.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
i was seeing earlier that some in mileena threads are saying B12~1+3,DD2, and F2 2+4 are Plus on block?

i dont understand how, ive tried. can someone help me?

and on block B12-1+3-DD2 don't come out, so is this only on hit?

if someone could teach me this it could level up my game with Mileena greatly.

Thanks,
-DR.Innuendo

Crimea

Noob
i was seeing earlier that some in mileena threads are saying B12~1+3,DD2, and F2 2+4 are Plus on block?

i dont understand how, ive tried. can someone help me?

and on block B12-1+3-DD2 don't come out, so is this only on hit?

if someone could teach me this it could level up my game with Mileena greatly.

Thanks,
-DR.Innuendo
plus on HIT

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
plus on HIT
ohh... thought we where talking about some pressure here... so basically i have to open them up with F2 1+3 cuz that gap, and B12 cuz that range?

thanks alot, i have been trying for days to get moves on block to be plus when they are not. i knew i wasnt crazy:)

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
ohh... thought we where talking about some pressure here... so basically i have to open them up with F2 1+3 cuz that gap, and B12 cuz that range?

thanks alot, i have been trying for days to get moves on block to be plus when they are not. i knew i wasnt crazy:)
B12 itself is plus on block