What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

MoldMan

Noob
I rolled all scrops day 1 players. His super is damn near impossible to dodge I found sword flip somtimes works

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Scorpion's super isn't a huge issue since he's always burning meter anyways. The rules for beating it are the same as teleport punch anyhow, just gotta bait it out if you think he's going for it.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Scorpion is sorta bugging me with that teleport. It's just so much more safe than it needs to be, especially with how crossups work in this game.

In MK9, getting a full ground combo punish on block was easy. Now it's still possible, but you have like a .3 second window to hit him once he lands from the ball before he can block. Optimally, you want 132, but that doesn't work out if you accidentally tagged him while he was still airborne. Other than 323, DS really has no air combo starters. You can use 323 against Scorpion to punish his ball while he's airborne OR while grounded, but that's not a lot of damage. :\

You can jump over the teleport, but dam does it recover quickly. Scorpion can easily block before you come down with an attack. Only way you're hitting him out of it is if you anticipated a teleport because the Scorpion player is being a predictable idiot.

Btw, the teleport is fast as hell. Lots of invulnerability on wakeup too. I've had little success shooting him out of it.

I know it's day 1, but that thing is harder to punish than it should be, incredibly fast, leads to combos with MB, and is pointless to dodge.

I'm tempted to duck all the time against Scorpions, but then there's hellfire. Did it really need an OTG MB version too?

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Scorpion is sorta bugging me with that teleport. It's just so much more safe than it needs to be, especially with how crossups work in this game.

In MK9, getting a full ground combo punish on block was easy. Now it's still possible, but you have like a .3 second window to hit him once he lands from the ball before he can block. Optimally, you want 132, but that doesn't work out if you accidentally tagged him while he was still airborne. Other than 323, DS really has no air combo starters. You can use 323 against Scorpion to punish his ball while he's airborne OR while grounded, but that's not a lot of damage. :\

You can jump over the teleport, but dam does it recover quickly. Scorpion can easily block before you come down with an attack. Only way you're hitting him out of it is if you anticipated a teleport because the Scorpion player is being a predictable idiot.

Btw, the teleport is fast as hell. Lots of invulnerability on wakeup too. I've had little success shooting him out of it.

I know it's day 1, but that thing is harder to punish than it should be, incredibly fast, leads to combos with MB, and is pointless to dodge.

I'm tempted to duck all the time against Scorpions, but then there's hellfire. Did it really need an OTG MB version too?
I already duck all the time against Scorpion. Eating a hellfire here and there is way better than eating a MB teleport. It's pretty slow anyways, I suspect I might be able to get good enough to react to hellfire and take it out of the equation with quick shots. Will take more practice.

I tend to just punish blocked teleports with 123. Sending him into the flying ninja still totally works on Scorpion, although being successful with it requires a tad more strict timing. Scorpion eats j3 all fucking day, either way.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I already duck all the time against Scorpion. Eating a hellfire here and there is way better than eating a MB teleport. It's pretty slow anyways, I suspect I might be able to get good enough to react to hellfire and take it out of the equation with quick shots. Will take more practice.

I tend to just punish blocked teleports with 123. Sending him into the flying ninja still totally works on Scorpion, although being successful with it requires a tad more strict timing. Scorpion eats j3 all fucking day, either way.

I was thinking 123 also, but dam that teleport has so munch invincibility that it CAN get him out of the vortex, and there isn't much you can do about it once you've already jumped.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Change your timing a little. You're not trying to get him as he leaves the screen, but rather as he comes back. Hah.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Change your timing a little. You're not trying to get him as he leaves the screen, but rather as he comes back. Hah.

If you're going for Flying Ninja, that thing is based on catching the opponent after a hard knockdown. Sure you can anticipate a teleport and not jump at all, but you can never be sure.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
If you're going for Flying Ninja, that thing is based on catching the opponent after a hard knockdown. Sure you can anticipate a teleport and not jump at all, but you can never be sure.

I need to find a good scorpion player. I've been playing online and the players just pick scorpion to counter pick me.:rolleyes: Then I blow em up.Scorpions teleport is very tricky to block consistently usually I'll just try to wait em out until he makes a mistake eating a few hellfires aint that bad.I noticed alot of scorpions love to do j3 into teleport watch for that.

Coddfish

Noob
Today I learned that Batman can outzone DS really well. You can bock-dash-block Batarangs well enough, but if he has bats up, he can check your dash attempts and spend a bar to get a full combo. Jumping over batarangs is no go thanks to tracking on bats, and a well timed MB batarang will tag jumps as well. You also have to watch out for straight grapple catching the start and end of your jumps. MB Batarangs push back heaps on block (and do a ton of chip to boot), and if you get tagged by one, it's right back to the edge of the screen to start again.

Batman doesn't really give a shit about gunshots because why would he, and even if you do manage to hit him, you can't really use the hitstun to cover your dashes. And then off course there's the bats punish on block to watch out for. I don't even bother trying to zone anymore unless I get a huge life lead, just try and bulldog through Wall of Shit and hope I don't lose too much health before I can start my offense.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Yep. That's a tricky match for DS. Quick fire comes in a lot more handy against zone-happy batman players, though. They can't duck it effectively if they're trying to trade projectiles, and at a distance it recovers fast enough to get around batarangs and bats.

Coddfish

Noob
Yep. That's a tricky match for DS. Quick fire comes in a lot more handy against zone-happy batman players, though. They can't duck it effectively if they're trying to trade projectiles, and at a distance it recovers fast enough to get around batarangs and bats.
Hmm, I'll have to keep that in mind. I've always had trouble with that match, even before the patch, but now that my Batman playing friend has learned how to zone with Bruce, it's so much worse :(
This is the same friend who plays Batgirl as well, fml.

drywall

Noob
You can interrupt the last hit in Batman's 113 with D1. That last hit, which is an overhead and is + on block, beats backdash and jumps so D1 seems like the only option. B23 can be jumped out of after the second hit and before the explosion. Batman can't hit you with grapple after you jump the explosion as far as I've tested both of his grapples. If Batman tries to follow up B23 with a dash for pressure and you jump in before the explosion you will cross him up but he still has time to block. Also if you block grapple just outside of JI3 distance you can punish with machine gun.

What's the best way to punish a blocked d3 from doomsday?

I was thinking after a blocked mb venom then d3. Does 1 reach? Otherwise it has to be ss or sf? Does doomsday jail himself into 50/50 b2 b1? Not sure if those would reach. Just asking before I spend time testing.

Hey guys, I don't know if this is known or will prove useful or what, but I stumbled upon it today and thought I'd throw it out just in case. It seems like Deathstroke's d3 lowers his hitbox a LOT. I was practicing against Superman because it's a matchup I struggle with, and I found that his f3, despite being an overhead, will completely whiff if Deathstroke does a d3. Take that for what it's worth.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Hey guys, I don't know if this is known or will prove useful or what, but I stumbled upon it today and thought I'd throw it out just in case. It seems like Deathstroke's d3 lowers his hitbox a LOT. I was practicing against Superman because it's a matchup I struggle with, and I found that his f3, despite being an overhead, will completely whiff if Deathstroke does a d3. Take that for what it's worth.

DS, like all characters, are actually in a crouching stance when they D3, so you'll dodge high hitting moves while doing it.

Unless you're saying he goes deceptively low such that he dodges things that he really shouldn't look like he's dodging, in which case I'll take note of in the future. The only thing is DS's sweep doesn't feel all that worthwhile to land because he's got D1 and B1.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Scorp and batgirl have to be a 7-3 for sure. They pretty much prevent you from shooting bc they have that teleport, which completely eliminates that zoning of ds's game.

I don't know if I agree. Yes, they counter DS's zoning fairly well (not as good as some people believe, IMO), but people forget that DS's up-close game is basically as good as his zoning game. I'm nowhere near an expert, but I've had good luck beating Scorp and Babs in a normals vs. normals battle.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
There are some people arguing Scorps is 5-5. I'm not completely sold on Babs being 7-3 right now though, but 6-4 seems about right for now.