What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
I thought one downside to black adam was that his normals didnt have a lot of range except for back 2 i think, so we may do well at footsie range
That's true, that's his "b23" so to speak. He has no suitable lows either so nothing to be scared about other than throws. I don't know, as Deathstroke mains, we should really break down our horrible match ups and try to make it more suitable. Maybe a character discussion once a week or once every 3 days about a certain character.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
That's a good write up, thank you. I think I'm starting to realize I'm more of a hands on approach more so than a theory fighter, even though I love theory fighting. Cause I still can't convince myself that it's a bad match up. x-x (Though in all defense, I did the same thing when I played Grundy and someone told me Batman was a horrible match. Didn't believe it till I got put on blast.)

How do you feel about the match when it comes to footsies? Does Black Adam have the clear advantage, or does Deathstroke stand a chance? Can't you react to Black Adam lifting his hand with quickfire? SO MANY QUESTIONS, HELP MILKMAN! Q~Q

I thought one downside to black adam was that his normals didnt have a lot of range except for back 2 i think, so we may do well at footsie range

This is what I'm thinking. All we have left is our footsies.

Oh and dont thank me so hard. karaokelove made that thread "Dealing with BA's BS" showing a video of how to punish foot dives and a large write up on where you want to be and how you want to handle things. m2dave informed me of Spin hitting a blocked foot dive.

DuskAlloy

You don't got the cash, You don't get the ass
That's true, that's his "b23" so to speak. He has no suitable lows either so nothing to be scared about other than throws. I don't know, as Deathstroke mains, we should really break down our horrible match ups and try to make it more suitable. Maybe a character discussion once a week or once every 3 days about a certain character.
We also need to make a chart in its own thread on who we can and cannot zone at certain distances

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Wait FACK I'm still being called Milkman.

Unless that was intentional humor DaiHuu, in which case, i c wut u did thar.
To be fair it does look like milkman. I thought it was until you started correcting everyone and then i looked at your name closely as was like oh, I must be dyslexic or something

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
To be fair it does look like milkman. I thought it was until you started correcting everyone and then i looked at your name closely as was like oh, I must be dyslexic or something

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Argh I know. Hitoshura even credited me as Milkman in his video rant on the DS nerfs T_T

Oh god your name isnt milkman, I didnt even notice...
*slams head on desk*
Yannow my friend told me I might as well just change it to make things easier on the entire world. I'm starting to see his point.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Changes made:
-Bane is now 5-5. Possibly 6-4 Deathstroke. Nowhere near 7-3
-Catwoman is 5-5. Possible losing match-up, need somebody's input on this though.
-Killer Frost is a losing match up. 4-6. Nightwing is now 4-6
-Raven is now 5-5

I'd also like people to start doing write ups of the match-ups in depth. I'll handle Bane to start.

To any mod, is there a way we could get all the pages cleared so we can start over and make it look better? Thanks

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Changes made:
-Bane is now 5-5. Possibly 6-4 Deathstroke. Nowhere near 7-3
-Catwoman is 5-5. Possible losing match-up, need somebody's input on this though.
-Killer Frost is a losing match up. 4-6. Nightwing is now 4-6
-Raven is now 5-5

I'd also like people to start doing write ups of the match-ups in depth. I'll handle Bane to start.

To any mod, is there a way we could get all the pages cleared so we can start over and make it look better? Thanks

Seems about right, I still think DS beats Bane though, but yeah, 7-3 is definitely pushing it.
I've always believed Cat was 5-5, Raven was 5-5, and Nightwing was 4-6. KF definitely went from even to bad though.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Seems about right, I still think DS beats Bane though, but yeah, 7-3 is definitely pushing it.
I've always believed Cat was 5-5, Raven was 5-5, and Nightwing was 4-6. KF definitely went from even to bad though.
The reason I have Bane pegged as even right now is thanks to more -n frames and Bane's dash, he's going to get in. I haven't found much answer to when DS is knocked down and bane starts going Venom on him.

I'm going to look into it further.

DuskAlloy

The reason I have Bane pegged as even right now is thanks to more -n frames and Bane's dash, he's going to get in. I haven't found much answer to when DS is knocked down and bane starts going Venom on him.

I'm going to look into it further.
Well the big problem with the old match up was his dash right? And with the new nerfs everyone will get in eventually so yeah I can really see this as a 5-5

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Well the big problem with the old match up was his dash right? And with the new nerfs everyone will get in eventually so yeah I can really see this as a 5-5
He didn't have a way in. Now he has more than enough to get in.

I don't think Stroke's CQC is relevant considering Bane has armor on the go.

DuskAlloy

He didn't have a way in. Now he has more than enough to get in.

I don't think Stroke's CQC is relevant considering Bane has armor on the go.
Exactly this may actually be aggravating for DS, another MU I think we should discuss would be the flash, how well do you guys think we do up close against him, he has good mixups on knock down but sword spin on wake up should stuff it

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
stroke needs his lowshot back >>>:I

*is going to keep saying this till it happens or something else gets buffed*

Xenrail

Noob
You need to fight REO's.

No reason to beat a dead horse, but Deathstroke is obviously no longer a tournament viable character. He loses 7:3 to every single S tier character, including Nightwing. Deathstroke is only usable at a casual level.
What an overreaction. GGA | Slips is doing real good at ufgt9. His game vs Brady looked extremely polished.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Quick question - what are you guys doing against Green Lanterns and Wonder Womans that fly over your head with their respective charging attacks, if you miss your opportunity to shoot them down with AGS? I know it's punishable, but I can't seem to come up with anything reliably frightening that makes them cut it the hell out. I've been eating losses to Lantern especially that I know I shouldn't because I get befuddled trying to handle the turbine.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Quick question - what are you guys doing against Green Lanterns and Wonder Womans that fly over your head with their respective charging attacks, if you miss your opportunity to shoot them down with AGS? I know it's punishable, but I can't seem to come up with anything reliably frightening that makes them cut it the hell out. I've been eating losses to Lantern especially that I know I shouldn't because I get befuddled trying to handle the turbine.
Sword flip when he comes down.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
what if KF uses iceberg to punish shots? its 16 frames, you still try to zone her or go melee where she has advantage?

You pretty much can't zone her if she knows what she's doing. If she REALLY knows what she's doing, she can MB Iceberg and slide for a combo. Vicious.

The matchup isn't looking good IMO.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I've recently picked up Deathstroke and found it near impossible to beat KF. Full screen and in, I'm getting stuffed all over the place unless I read a proper ice daggers and low shot, but man if it isn't close enough, she can block and reversal slide me and get in on my d and I'm forced to push block or throw out a sword spin MB to law off some of the pressure. Then it's a guessing game again.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
This matchup used to be a 5-5 if not 6-4 ds. Sadly its no longer like that. Low guns are too much of a liability in this matchup now. Everything else is the same, her mixups are pretty easy to fuzzy and jump 3 stops about all options other than dagger up close. It stuffs slides and all her stubby normals. You really have to play this match scrubily to win

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This matchup used to be a 5-5 if not 6-4 ds. Sadly its no longer like that. Low guns are too much of a liability in this matchup now. Everything else is the same, her mixups are pretty easy to fuzzy and jump 3 stops about all options other than dagger up close. It stuffs slides and all her stubby normals. You really have to play this match scrubily to win

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
Good thing DS players play scrubby. :joker:

DS vs KF matchup I've played at least 400 times because I main DS and my friend mains FK.

Slide Pressure.
Basically after blocked slide you get a free d1 ... it will stuff all her moves and its low so it cannot be parried.
You have to hitconfirm d1 its plus 7 which allows you to cancel into Spin or frame trap a throw or b1 or f23. d1 on hit is 7 and f2 is 6 frames startup based on the weird ass combo system it does not combo but it also does not allow KF to parry a d1 on hit followed by f23. You can hit confirm F23 into flip or spin or b1 or throw mixup on block.

d1 on block cannot be followed up by another poke because it will be punished by armored F3 or her d1 so if you get blocked you can cancel into spin, jump back, or jf3 crossup

Once your opponent starts to respect d1 by blocking low after slide you can mixup with b2 or crossup F3.

Once your opponent starts to respect you by not spamming that stupid slide you can zone by walking with the threat of sword spin and jump in 3. zoning without using your guns!!!! inconceivable!

Vortex Escape
If you are not corned just holding jump back will escape almost all of her vortex moves because your jump is so fast and your hurtbox is so tiny. Her only option is to be frame perfect on slide or overhead but those options only work on one or two setups out of the multiple number of setups she has. I'm not 100% which ones but once you learn which ones hit jump back and which don't you are pretty alright.

Pressuring her without guns.
JF3 and crossup JF1 she doesn't really have options for. Deep crossup JF1 into b1 or throw cannot be parried or interrupted.
Im not sure if she can parry a deep JF3 into f23, has not happened to me yet but essentially you just hit confirm into spin or flip or on block d1 or throw with b2 as a mixup.

Stage selection.
You need a stage with a background bounce because FK doesn't use them and you NEED them.

d1 u2 bounce b3 j3 323 12 flip is 39%ish ordinarily 28% to 32% if you don't use the bounce

b2 bounce b3 J3 323 21 flip is 39%ish ordinarily 16%. That is a huge in this matchup and makes your 50/50s as hard as hers and yours do not require meter so you are winning the wager war. It essentially gives 15% to 25% more health than her if she is good with her meter because she needs them to combo. If she's ass with her meter than its like having a free round.

Also its beneficial to have shit to throw at her. And shit you have to jump to get since you dominate the air. That's why I would suggest Watchtower. Atlantis is also ok because it gives you an escape from her corner vortex and the background area is fucking huge.