What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Fools who only fight online Scorpion scrubs are saying that.

If anything, Scorpion is HARDER to fight online due to his teleport crossups and the window of being able to punish a blocked teleport with 132 being almost non-existent.

drywall

Noob
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but batgirl is -13 on Batwheel to overhead, and -8 on Batwheel to low. She puts herself just in range for 132~ punish. If she keeps spamming it you can stop her in between cartwheels with almost anything. You can't jump out or armor in between the cartwheel and the mixups but you can backdash between the cartwheel and the low mixup.

EDIT: You can fuzzy guard batgirl's cartwheel. Just hold back right after she finishes the cartwheel and then pull down quickly. The overhead comes out faster than the low, which makes this possible. Good luck with it online.

Matix218

Get over here!
Does anyone have any tips on the sinestro match?

I played it yesterday a few times (in somewhat laggy not terrible online) against a good sinestro and it was pretty brutal

A MB SS would whiff and MB GS does like 45%ish. I use the MB gunshots when I want to style on somebody, you know that point of the match 1 where you are ahead and they think they have a chance and you just want to crush their spirit before the start of match 2.

I think the Flip is a better ender in general because it sets up more offense.

I'm not sure where you would use MB anywhere else in the combo. But if you have better combos I'd love to hear about them.

I noticed I said spin in the original post I meant sword flip

Breaker

drywall

Noob
Does anyone have any tips on the sinestro match?

I played it yesterday a few times (in somewhat laggy not terrible online) against a good sinestro and it was pretty brutal

Pressure with low shots outside of dash distance. You can block and punish his projectiles, including shackles, full screen. Within 1 dash distance you can punish them with machine gun or jump in and go for pressure.

Matix218

Get over here!
Pressure with low shots outside of dash distance. You can block and punish his projectiles, including shackles, full screen. Within 1 dash distance you can punish them with machine gun or jump in and go for pressure.

Thanks,

Just to be clear, are you saying that you can block and punish all of his projectiles full screen? Because his standard ball projectile thing (the one he can meterburn and shoot 3 of) i was trying to punish using quickshots when i would block it and he was able to block it every time. Is that probably due to his crappy internet connection? I assume offline this match is much less frustrating but i don't know any local sinestros to play offline with haha.

drywall

Noob
Full screen fear blast punish probably has to be a perfect reversal then, so slightly more difficult with lag. I don't fully remember the punish to arachnid but I think it is standing 1 into combo or also spin. But that is spacing dependent because arachnid pushes you back a bit. I think quick shots always works as well.

EDIT: Fear blast punish is about 2 character distances away from fullscreen. Also I was mistaken about low shots, you can't low shot under fear blast until just outside 1 dash distance.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Idk if you can full screen punish fear blast, but both shackles and rocks can be quick fire punished anywhere.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
A MB SS would whiff and MB GS does like 45%ish. I use the MB gunshots when I want to style on somebody, you know that point of the match 1 where you are ahead and they think they have a chance and you just want to crush their spirit before the start of match 2.

I think the Flip is a better ender in general because it sets up more offense.

I'm not sure where you would use MB anywhere else in the combo. But if you have better combos I'd love to hear about them.

I noticed I said spin in the original post I meant sword flip

Breaker
I should've been more clear. I meant MB B3 after a intractable bounce. J2.12*intractable bounce*J3.12*MB-B3.323.12*SF= 50%. You can also end with MB GS for a flashy 53%.
You can achieve this combo in any stage that has Intractable bounce. At higher levels Deathstroke NEEDS this combo.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Does wake up sword flip beat ares godsmack? Also, how the heck do I meter burn sword spin low? I always get the overhead?
If he hits you mid flip when your invincibility frames are actuve, it should.

Immediately after you input spin, hold down and MB. Its not like normal MB Spin since the MB is on the second hit, not third.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
How the heck do you get out of Superman's f23 loop from hell and HOW DO YOU BLOCK EARTHSHAKER?!?!
There's a video that's been repeatedly posted showing you how to handle Superman's loop. You can also d3 after breath and crouch under f2, but that's riskier. Earthshaker is just training mode. Practice it until you can guard it consistently. Pushblock works, but it's really more of an emergency tool.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
There's a video that's been repeatedly posted showing you how to handle Superman's loop. You can also d3 after breath and crouch under f2, but that's riskier. Earthshaker is just training mode. Practice it until you can guard it consistently. Pushblock works, but it's really more of an emergency tool.
Is Earthshaker even blockable?

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
And can you link me to the Superman video?

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Wow, didn't know if and DD tries to Super Nova, I can just dash foward and B3 for the punish, so awesome. Lol. I can punish almost most of his moves with 132. Schweet. Now only if I could play smarter...

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I'm curious fellow DS players, have a question. I have this local scrub in my area who plays DS and insists BA "isn't that good" and read that he's not a problem somewhere on the DS boards. Please enlighten me