What's new

Match-up Discussion Official Deathstroke Match-Up Chart

Ice breath has not been changed since release.

...although I have no idea what you mean by "increase the pushback"
It means icebreath on block moves you farther back from superman. So when he presses f2 it takes a greater amount of time for the f2 to hit than your d1 to hit him. This is based on spacing and hit boxes not frame data. Go test it. :)

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Alright, I'm lost. What do you guys do against Batman j2 warriors? If they're intent on just mashing the hell out of it I can't really do a damn thing about it. I tried to look for any consistent way to anti-air in training mode and found nothing, and air-to-airs are touchy.

If its on wakeup you need to get better at wakeup attacks.

If he is just jumping in on you then you need get better at keeping him out. Like a preemptive jump in on him or F3 when he is in range.
Or like oh cross up j2 batman! Alright dash forward underneath.
I think armored F3 also works as an anti air to batman noncrossup J2.

Or if they are being really stupid about it armored B3.

Or d1'n his strings after he lands the J2 which in all honesty I have not tried or tested but have heard that they work.

Just a few interrupts. 113 at the first 1 and 3 and 223 at the second 2 and 3.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Yeah, I'm not worried about on wakeup. It's just putting the screws to raw j2 that I can't seem to do much about.

Ok so I just went and tested batmans J2 and I think the issue is more with your timing than the move itself. If you are trying to land all the hits of SF then you are going to get stuffed. I'm not trying to delay the input until the last second like a Ryu HP dragon punch in SF4.

If I throw SF out there on his way up the jump arc, (which is very easy to react to offline - online doesn't count), I will land at least two hits and a tech roll knock down 100% of time however batman won't get in.

If you want to go for the big damage and hard knockdown you should just armor B3. That's more of the ryu anti air timing if that's what you are used to.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Damned if I know. Feels like it's fast and stays out a long time. I hate it. :mad:

Edit: Put another way, I didn't bother checking because I was just trying solutions based on practicality. The only thing that worked to any real degree was just stopping him from jumping at all, or catching him very early.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Damned if I know. Feels like it's fast and stays out a long time. I hate it. :mad:

Edit: Put another way, I didn't bother checking because I was just trying solutions based on practicality. The only thing that worked to any real degree was just stopping him from jumping at all, or catching him very early.

Well Sword Flip is likely the best anti-air in the game. If you can't handle it with that, Ji1 is a great air-to-air that comes out in 5 frames. If THAT doesn't fit you, you've also got jump back air shots.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Well Sword Flip is likely the best anti-air in the game. If you can't handle it with that, Ji1 is a great air-to-air that comes out in 5 frames. If THAT doesn't fit you, you've also got jump back air shots.
Jump back air shots isn't going to work that deep. And yeah, I know how good Sword Flip is. That's why j2 is so infuriating.

The air to air as a defense to a jump in is a bad idea imo.

Look at the height restriction of Death strokes jumping normals for a JF or JB and compare it to any other character. It is the absolute worst part about the character design.

Even though it j1 is 5 frames with the height restrictions its more like 35. Compared to NW and especially batman it just doesn't get the job done. Because every other member of the cast can start their j attacks so much sooner than deathstroke that the startup info doesn't really matter.

NJ doesn't have as bad of a height restriction so it is more viable.

Now if you are in the air first his j normals are pretty legit imo. But I would always go with armor B3 or SF before anything else.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
The air to air as a defense to a jump in is a bad idea imo.

Look at the height restriction of Death strokes jumping normals for a JF or JB and compare it to any other character. It is the absolute worst part about the character design.

Even though it j1 is 5 frames with the height restrictions its more like 35. Compared to NW and especially batman it just doesn't get the job done. Because every other member of the cast can start their j attacks so much sooner than deathstroke that the startup info doesn't really matter.

NJ doesn't have as bad of a height restriction so it is more viable.

Now if you are in the air first his j normals are pretty legit imo. But I would always go with armor B3 or SF before anything else.

I'm not writing you off as wrong, but I just dont quite understand what you are saying here. The height restrictions? Are you referring to the duration or hitbox size of DS's air normals?

And I was really just talking about Batman's who are jump happy with a late Ji2 as an approach. If you know they're doing this, Ji1 will beat it out every time if you meet him in the air. If he does it first, then that's not a "deep Ji2" which Duck Nation is referring to, which is why I'm suggesting this as a solution. I use Ji1 to beat Ji3 happy Jokers and Green Arrows.

But DS's jump is actually pretty good if you ask me. It has a nice arc and isn't rediculously floaty. The height is easy enough to work with. And the active frames of his Ji1 is pretty good if you ask me. Not saying it's AMAZING, but good enough.

Just wanted to suggest this as anti-Black Adam tech for you guys: if you get a hard knockdown, you can stand just at the edge of sweep range and watch to see if Adam does his wakeup Lightning Cage (a lot of players do since it's so safe). If you visually confirm the animation as starting, start the 132 string. While the 1 will whiff, the 3 and 2 will hit and start a full combo as BA's invincibility frames wear off. It's a great way to keep him honest on wakeup.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Just wanted to suggest this as anti-Black Adam tech for you guys: if you get a hard knockdown, you can stand just at the edge of sweep range and watch to see if Adam does his wakeup Lightning Cage (a lot of players do since it's so safe). If you visually confirm the animation as starting, start the 132 string. While the 1 will whiff, the 3 and 2 will hit and start a full combo as BA's invincibility frames wear off. It's a great way to keep him honest on wakeup.

Interesting. I've always wondered if the projectile properties of 132 (and the way he moves forwards on 2) would be useful for things like this.

But a couple of things I sorta wanna clear up. Would F3 work as well, since essentially, you're just waiting out the cage. Outside of gun normals, F3 has the most range.

I'd also like to see what other wakeups this can work against. 132 might be a bit untapped...

Interesting. I've always wondered if the projectile properties of 132 (and the way he moves forwards on 2) would be useful for things like this.

But a couple of things I sorta wanna clear up. Would F3 work as well, since essentially, you're just waiting out the cage. Outside of gun normals, F3 has the most range.

I'd also like to see what other wakeups this can work against. 132 might be a bit untapped...
F3 might work. I haven't tested. However, I think it's a bit riskier since it puts DS within the hitbox of the wakeup if timed wrong. The 132 is pretty foolproof in that regard.

Another interesting option I found to deal with BA wakeups is j3. If you do it super late (either same side or crossup, neutral or directional jump), you can get Adam to completely whiff any wakeup he wants to try. In this case, you wait until he's been on the ground for more than half the total knockdown time, so that you're just starting your jump a handful of frames before he's getting up. Any wakeup he does (incl. lightning cage) will come out underneath DS's tiny jumping hurtbox and you can come down with j3 for full combo.