What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
The divekick change I expected to happen, but not the changes to 1112. It's gonna take some adjustments to get used to hardly using it ever now. At least we're able to salvage his setplay, F2/NJK do seem to work fine, we just have to be more precise. Overall, I don't think this character needs any more nerfs, apart from the people begging for bomb to be a mid, which I hope doesn't occur.
Even if his bombs are a mid they're a tool you need to respect in the corner. They could basicly make your 50/50's safe as a mid.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
These are beating KL's spin, which I believe is a 6f wake-up.
  • Midscreen: (starter) xx ice ball, DS, jip, b3u4 xx FDK, NJP, jik xx CDK, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
  • Corner: (starter) xx ice ball, DS, b3u4 xx CDK, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
  • Corner Loop: ...b3d4 (freeze), DS, b[2], NJP, f43 xx CDK, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4... -OR- ...b3d4 (freeze) DS, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
Yeah this is what I am using right now...basically cut out the 21, 1112 for f2 instead. I didn't think about doing the B2 combo though so thanks for that. How much more damage does it net you? Have you tried ending the combo with NJK instead of F2? Does it give more advantage?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Yeah this is what I am using right now...basically cut out the 21, 1112 for f2 instead. I didn't think about doing the B2 combo though so thanks for that. How much more damage does it net you? Have you tried ending the combo with NJK instead of F2? Does it give more advantage?
The b2 gives me 33% without without the drone buff bomb/ freeze. It's giving me roughly 1/3 of a life bar which means the midscreen combo and two corner confirms are going to close out the match, drone damage or not. If you do have drones to spare (which I think is a decent use of meter actually), I'd likely go for the easier freeze, f43, NJP, f2 ~ bomb route since it's gonna kill in 3 confirms anyway.

The NJK, I've had some luck with. But I feel like it needs to be late, or a falling NJK. That's hard to accomplish with some combos.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
What's the best you can get off of a NJP?. his NJP is really good, but his options seems to be a bit limited after that
I can get ~25% or more with good corner carry. NJP, jik xx CDK, s4 xx ice ball, DS, jip, run f131 xx slide. You get more if you're will to change sides and end with b1 [2+4].

It would be ideal to have a bomb set up after NJP, but I haven't worked on it yet myself.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I can get ~25% or more with good corner carry. NJP, jik xx CDK, s4 xx ice ball, DS, jip, run f131 xx slide. You get more if you're will to change sides and end with b1 [2+4].

It would be ideal to have a bomb set up after NJP, but I haven't worked on it yet myself.
Didn't even think of that. Good because you get a freeze for a drone out. I've been using-

NJP, Jik, 21, slight RC, F131~Slide for 26%. Might have to use that one for the freezing properties.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
There are many combos but i usually only need 2 per starter/situation (meterless). One that is the highest attainable damage and the other that ends in a bomb set up (like F2 > Bomb)

So does anyone know what 2 midscreen combos (max dmg & bomb set up) are best for the following starters:
[Iceball]
[bomb froze the opponent]
[F1,3 > IceBall]
[B1 > IceBall]
[111 > IceBall] ... is this one even worth it since it doesnt have low or overhead mixes?
[B2]
[NjP]
[F1,3 > IceBall]
[Air-toAir Kick]

F13, ice ball. B1, ice ball. 111, iceball. Ice ball. All these if dobe midscreen i usually follow up with a DS if i have time, and then go for the really annoying B3U4, FDK, NJP, and then either B1, 2+4(DE) for max damage and side switch, or f1 3 1, ice slide for corber carry.
After a raw Njp, i usually follow with a run cancel s4 l, s4,ice ball, DS, and either B1, 2+4(DE) for max damage and side switch, or f1 3 1, ice slide for corber carry. Off of a bomb freeze, i do njp, run cancel, s4, f1 3 1, ice slide or b1, 2+4.
Air to air kick i follow up with cdk, s4, ice ball, DS, and then B1, 2+4(DE) for max damage and side switch, or f1 3 1, ice slide for corber carry. You may also consider using b3u4 right off the bat for decent damage, you follow up with fdk, s4, ice ball, ds, and then eitherB1, 2+4(DE) for max damage and side switch, or f1 3 1, ice slide for corber carry.

If anyone know better combos, please share

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
There are many combos but i usually only need 2 per starter/situation (meterless). One that is the highest attainable damage and the other that ends in a bomb set up (like F2 > Bomb)

So does anyone know what 2 midscreen combos (max dmg & bomb set up) are best for the following starters:
[Iceball]
[bomb froze the opponent]
[F1,3 > IceBall]
[B1 > IceBall]
[111 > IceBall] ... is this one even worth it since it doesnt have low or overhead mixes?
[B2]
[NjP]
[F1,3 > IceBall]
[Air-toAir Kick]
The process is more simple than you think. You're basically going to do the same combo after any ice ball or after any bomb (EX bomb is a special case). Think of the combos post-freeze as "grounded opponent or airborne opponent," then consider "mid-screen or corner," finally think "set-up or damage." Also, 111 is important because it's CSZ's fastest punish string starting up at 7f.

As for the combos you requested, a lot of those are listed in the OP. If we find something better, we'll let @themilkman014 know and he'll update.

I agree that it will most likely all end the same way, but if you do the same combo after bomb and ice ball you will be wasting potential damage. If ice ball hits, that mean you can do jip, b3u4, fdk, njp, f1 3 1. But if a bomb hits, that means that the opponent will be mid air, and you'll have to go straight for the njp​

I agree that it will most likely all end the same way, but if you do the same combo after bomb and ice ball you will be wasting potential damage. If ice ball hits, that mean you can do jip, b3u4, fdk, njp, f1 3 1. But if a bomb hits, that means that the opponent will be mid air, and you'll have to go straight for the njp​

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I thought I said...

...going to do the same combo after any ice ball or after any bomb (EX bomb is a special case). Think of the combos post-freeze as "grounded opponent or airborne opponent," then consider...
Oh I totally did say that :p @GamefanA after a bomb freeze (midair), consider going for a b2 instead of the NJP. It does more damage. If you've got the resources, DE the b2 and go for both.

Is there footage of this combo being performed/ F13xxIceBall, DS, FJP, B3U4xxFDK, NJP, FJKxxCDK, F43xxCDK, 21, 1112 I notice on the second CDK they're already in the corner and the Dive Kick connects ending the combo.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Is there footage of this combo being performed/ F13xxIceBall, DS, FJP, B3U4xxFDK, NJP, FJKxxCDK, F43xxCDK, 21, 1112 I notice on the second CDK they're already in the corner and the Dive Kick connects ending the combo.
Rag, I used to do this one fairly regularly iirc. I don't have any footage on hand unfortunately. I'd be happy to make some, but since the hot fix, I haven't found much use for that ender.

I've been looking to expand my repertoire so I was going through the combos in the OP. That one stood out the most only because I couldn't get the second CDK to whiff. Unless it's meant to be started from just before half screen.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Don't know whether this combo is known yet but whatever.

F13, Iceball, DS, jip, B3U4xxD4, F43xxD4, F2. Leaves them at fullscreen while you have an arse ton of hit advantage to either place a bomb on the screen or summon another drone.

Edit: Combo does 27% by the way, kind of an important detail to leave out.

Last edited:
Ok, is it just me or does this character have really weak pressure game? I thought at first that i might be able to apply intense pressure with f134 and 1112.but i can't seem to pull it off. Feels like this character is mainly dependent on 50/50s

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Ok, is it just me or does this character have really weak pressure game? I thought at first that i might be able to apply intense pressure with f134 and 1112.but i can't seem to pull it off. Feels like this character is mainly dependent on 50/50s
21 and each part of 111 work well enough for staggering. Cyber Sub doesn't seem to be a pressure character. He seems like a setup/space control character hybrid with the bombs, F2 and B2.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
1112 may be +2, but hes only got 1 mid to follow up with, and it's easily duckable. Since we have to take a risk or spend a bar to do anything with that mid, no one really respects that pressure.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
I'm sorry for being gone guys. Just a little stressed is all. It's Spring break so I'll make an effort to getting OP fixed.

I take it we're using F2 now? Fill me in on what is or isn't optimal anymore. I'll be in the lab after work tonight.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
If you guys have new routes feel free to share within the hour. I'm off to work and won't be back till 11:00. I've had some luck with NJP but I imagine there's a way to get more damage with F2. It's feels super hard to do now and I'm getting frustrated.

I honestly might have prefered mid bombs over this . Maybe I'm shortsighted. Anyway thanks for posting in the thread this past week. Some good discussion going on here.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
If you guys have new routes feel free to share within the hour. I'm off to work and won't be back till 11:00. I've had some luck with NJP but I imagine there's a way to get more damage with F2. It's feels super hard to do now and I'm getting frustrated.

I honestly might have prefered mid bombs over this . Maybe I'm shortsighted. Anyway thanks for posting in the thread this past week. Some good discussion going on here.
That's what they did. Made it much harder to do for less damage. Meanwhile other DLC...

Anyway yea, from what I've been doing now, what I think is the optimal damage into setup in the corner is-

end in F2, drop low bomb, B3D4, they freeze, F43~FDK, NJP, F43~CDK, F2, repeat. B12+4 same setup.

A few % less and the timing is less friendly. Annoys me sometimes.

Doing F2 midscreen has to be within a couple of frames for the setup. Anything else and there's a weird delay that won't let you get your Bomb out in time to follow up quickly. No idea why this happens but it happens to me a lot, maybe around half of the time.