What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
I gotta say, there are a lot of really fucking cool combos in this thread, but are these really most of these even practical? I've practiced and practiced and practiced and the timing of the JFK, CDK following the B3U4, CDK is so weird. Half the time I kick the opponent instead of landing on the ground. I get that the problem is that I need to get the kick out while I'm below the enemy, but it seems so finicky. Some of the stuff you guys are pulling off is insane and I'd be impressed to see that shit online or in competitive play.

I've dumbed down some of the combos at the cost of a 2% or 3% damage.

Mid screen:

B2, JFK, CDK, S4, BF1, DS, B1 2+4 (DE) - 30%

DD2, B3D4, DS, NJP, JFK, CDK, B1 2+4 (DE) - 33%

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I gotta say, there are a lot of really fucking cool combos in this thread, but are these really most of these even practical? I've practiced and practiced and practiced and the timing of the JFK, CDK following the B3U4, CDK is so weird. Half the time I kick the opponent instead of landing on the ground. I get that the problem is that I need to get the kick out while I'm below the enemy, but it seems so finicky. Some of the stuff you guys are pulling off is insane and I'd be impressed to see that shit online or in competitive play.

I've dumbed down some of the combos at the cost of a 2% or 3% damage.

Mid screen:

B2, JFK, CDK, S4, BF1, DS, B1 2+4 (DE) - 30%

DD2, B3D4, DS, NJP, JFK, CDK, B1 2+4 (DE) - 33%
Yea man most of it is optimal. I spent more time learning this characters combos than any I've played so far. Execution is real and my fingers are sore every night now. But the payoff is legit once you got it down. And imo his combos are the most fun to do out of anyone in the game.

I would say just keep practicing man. I have to warm up for 10min with this character before I play lol. He does big damage in the corner so you gotta go for broke when you get them there.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Yea man most of it is optimal. I spent more time learning this characters combos than any I've played so far. Execution is real and my fingers are sore every night now. But the payoff is legit once you got it down. And imo his combos are the most fun to do out of anyone in the game.

I would say just keep practicing man. I have to warm up for 10min with this character before I play lol. He does big damage in the corner so you gotta go for broke when you get them there.
Bruh didn't you play SQ dvorah as well? I think I spent more time practising b1 wgc than this guy's combos lol.

@PaletteSwap
It's actually not that hard to do. you can input the divekick as a normal string, meaning you can input b3u4d4 as a string and it will come out immediately without hitting the opponent. Same with f43d4 in The corner.

Here are two quite simple combos you can do to practise:

Midscreen: starter~ice ball,ds,b3u4,dvk,njp,run,21,f131,slide
Corner: starter~ice ball,ds,b3u4,dvk,njp,f43,dvk,1112

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
Hey guys could anyone give me some alternate comes to do midscreen other than the b3u4 dive kick route
Like f12 maybe?

Also are there any new bomb setups other than dive kicks and b3d4
Divekick whiffs are the center point of CSZ's combo ability, there's no way getting around them.

Last edited:

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Hey guys could anyone give me some alternate comes to do midscreen other than the b3u4 dive kick route
Like f12 maybe?

Also are there any new bomb setups other than dive kicks and b3d4
They do take a bit of practice.
A combo with no DKs?

(Drone already out), f12 (DE), 21, f131~Slide. Safe, hit-confirmable, +2 on block, starts with an 8f high with good range.

EDIT: While I'm at it, you could do something like these.

Midscreen: Starter~Ice Ball, DS, NJP, 21, f131~Slide.
AAs1/s4, 21, f131~Slide
NJP, 21, f131~Slide
Air-to-air: 21, f131~Slide

Corner: Starter~Ice Ball, NJP, jk, 4, 21, 1112
NJP, jk, 4, 21, 1112

Last edited:

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I'm finally starting to get the combos down but boy was it annoying having to learn when I can jump after a divekick, the earliest I can njp, quickest I could land jik and then when I was actually able to input when I hit the ground for the ender and if the ender needed to be delayed to land. A few more hours and I should have a very good success rate and boy do them combos looks swag.

Gotta learn corner bnbs next and man they look really hard.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Here is a corner combo I made that doesn't require consecutive CDKs:

B3U4, CDK, NJP, S4, S4 BF1, DS, B1, 2+4 DE

I'm not at home right now, but I believe it does something in the realm of 33% damage.

A better corner combo, but one I'm only able to land 25% of the time, is:

B3U4, CDK, F4U3, CDK, S4, BF1, DS, NJP, B1, 2+4 DE

I believe it's actually possible to squeeze a 2nd F4U3, CDK in there before the S4 but the timing is TIGHT. Not sure if it's worth the extra 3% or whatever damage.

TimTim

Don't Hate
N
They do take a bit of practice.
A combo with no DKs?

(Drone already out), f12 (DE), 21, f131~Slide. Safe, hit-confirmable, +2 on block, starts with an 8f high with good range.

EDIT: While I'm at it, you could do something like these.

Midscreen: Starter~Ice Ball, DS, NJP, 21, f131~Slide.
AAs1/s4, 21, f131~Slide
NJP, 21, f131~Slide
Air-to-air: 21, f131~Slide

Corner: Starter~Ice Ball, NJP, jk, 4, 21, 1112
NJP, jk, 4, 21, 1112
No I'm not looking for dumbed down simple combos.
I'm just bored of the dive kicks I'm looking for optimized shit

TimTim

Don't Hate
Here is a corner combo I made that doesn't require consecutive CDKs:

B3U4, CDK, NJP, S4, S4 BF1, DS, B1, 2+4 DE

I'm not at home right now, but I believe it does something in the realm of 33% damage.

A better corner combo, but one I'm only able to land 25% of the time, is:

B3U4, CDK, F4U3, CDK, S4, BF1, DS, NJP, B1, 2+4 DE

I believe it's actually possible to squeeze a 2nd F4U3, CDK in there before the S4 but the timing is TIGHT. Not sure if it's worth the extra 3% or whatever damage.
Those are basically the unoptimized versions of the already known corner bnbs.
Just do the dive kick it's worth.

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird
There are definitely ways LMFAOOO.
Enhanced f12 for example
No, there aren't. You plan on using drone enhanced combos for all of your stuff instead of learning how to do divekick whiffs? Good luck, that's like not using grenades with demolition Sonya. You're literally gimping yourself for no other reason than laziness

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
Those are basically the unoptimized versions of the already known corner bnbs.
Just do the dive kick it's worth.
Started landing the CDKs more frequently today. Still, getting comfortable with these unoptimized combos served as a good stepping stone towards the multi dive kick combos. CSZ is truly the only character I needed to make baby steps with. I jumped right into Dragon Naginata pogo cancel combos with Tanya, which is a very similar concept to dive kick cancelling as far as inputs are concerned. The dive kick cancels are just a lot more disorienting for me, especially in the corner.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
So it looks like we're gonna have to settle for either

A: Remove freeze from our combos and cancel strings naked into bomb for a severe cut in damage

B: end in a NJK for a cut in damage

C: end with slide?

TheKingsAutopsy

The Bow, The Bird

A: Remove freeze from our combos and cancel strings naked into bomb for a severe cut in damage

f2 kept the hard to blockable and apparently feels like the old 1112.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

NJK is good. At least for corner.

For midscreen maybe Slide for corner carry or F12 HKD into bomb. F12 is +32 so maybe some mind games can be played there. I can't say for sure unless someone tests it.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
NJK is good. At least for corner.

For midscreen maybe Slide for corner carry or F12 HKD into bomb. F12 is +32 so maybe some mind games can be played there. I can't say for sure unless someone tests it.
F12 timing is weird for bomb. If you try to set up bomb too soon it won't come out. Also they get up really quick if the juggle is low.