What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Anyone notice that ice bomb will randomly freeze/launch opponents way higher than usual? The only way I could consistently get it to happen is by putting down a bomb and then doing a b3 as soon as possible, and without finishing the string. It doesn't combo but sends them much much higher. Not sure how useful this is now but if someone could figure out how to use it, it may add some damage to combos.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Anyone notice that ice bomb will randomly freeze/launch opponents way higher than usual? The only way I could consistently get it to happen is by putting down a bomb and then doing a b3 as soon as possible, and without finishing the string. It doesn't combo but sends them much much higher. Not sure how useful this is now but if someone could figure out how to use it, it may add some damage to combos.
I've noticed this too, it actually makes me drop the first F43 if I don't realise it's happened and I usually lose the corner positioning because of it. :(

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Nice find. I've got a newer set up that causes this kind of freeze, but it was hours after you mentioned it. Is there a solution for this? Ive been sacrificing drone for ji2 into the normal route.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Nice find. I've got a newer set up that causes this kind of freeze, but it was hours after you mentioned it. Is there a solution for this? Ive been sacrificing drone for ji2 into the normal route.
With a little practice I think you can just call drone and just continue the loop by initiating f43 right as they unfreeze, allowing them to drop the tiny bit you need to land both hits of f43. Works with f43xxDK NJP f43xxDK f2, I haven't really labbed it out though so I don't know if you can do it with totally optimized combos.