What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
As far as I can tell, they nerfed CSZ's recovery on both, they feel different. F2 still works, but there's a catch; you have to hit them particularly high to have enough advantage for the bomb set up. And even then, the inputs need to be tight. It's still possible, but they're asking more still of our execution.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
As far as I can tell, they nerfed CSZ's recovery on both, they feel different. F2 still works, but there's a catch; you have to hit them particularly high to have enough advantage for the bomb set up. And even then, the inputs need to be tight. It's still possible, but they're asking more still of our execution.
Which combos does it work off?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'll check later tonight or tomorrow afternoon, but damn, I'm getting more salty the more I think about it.

If you end in 114 it's good but if you already froze a bomb doesn't come out. I don't see how we can keep the setup with cutting damage by ending with a NJK. Maybe I can figure something out when I hop on again. I logged off right when the hotfix updated.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
These are beating KL's spin, which I believe is a 6f wake-up.
  • Midscreen: (starter) xx ice ball, DS, jip, b3u4 xx FDK, NJP, jik xx CDK, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
  • Corner: (starter) xx ice ball, DS, b3u4 xx CDK, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
  • Corner Loop: ...b3d4 (freeze), DS, b[2], NJP, f43 xx CDK, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4... -OR- ...b3d4 (freeze) DS, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
  • Midscreen: (starter) xx ice ball, DS, jip, b3u4 xx FDK, NJP, jik xx CDK, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
  • Corner: (starter) xx ice ball, DS, b3u4 xx CDK, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
  • Corner Loop: ...b3d4 (freeze), DS, b[2], NJP, f43 xx CDK, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4... -OR- ...b3d4 (freeze) DS, f43 xx CDK, NJP, f2 ~ bomb, b3d4...
7f wake up, but do they have time to jump out of the B3 or anything?

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I think wake-up and reversal both shave a frame off, not certain.

Also, I tested forward/ backward jumps (faster than neutral jump), and neither were able to jump out. I think we can say goodbye to the armor breaks though.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I forgot you could do J3 xx CDK mid screen and you can do NJK afterwards. So CSZ can have midscreen NJK combos

Something like: Starter xx Iceball, Drone, JI2, B3U4 xx FDK, NJP, JI3 xx CDK, NJK, Bomb

babalook

Noob
so although f2 works for his corner vortex there are at least three different heights you can hit them with it, all of which make it safe to put out a bomb but only 2 of which you can still go for the vortex options (you don't have to cut your combos short for this). Not only that but you have to get the bomb out at the earliest available frame and the timing for close bomb changes depending on how high or low you hit them, so basically im whining about how my combos are now doing less damage and while being more difficult.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This is good but I don't think it works for the B1 option to catch them ducking. So far I've come up with this corner route after F2~Bomb for the OH option.

B1 2+4, they freeze, F43~DiveKick, NJP, F2, release Bomb, repeat.

31% with no enhancements. 35% with IceBall enhanced. 36% with both enhanced.

Not sure if there's a little more damage in it but for now that's the best I found for the OH mixup option.

This is more of a mechanics thing rather than a frame data thing. Not sure if there's a way to test wake-up frames without software.
the mechanic thing is it takes one additional frame to get out of blocking animation, so your 8 frame move becomes 9 frames, but when you do a reversal it is still an 8 frame move. If frame data says that Lao's spin has 7 frames of start up that is what it is when done as a reversal, or wake up. Try your set ups on Reptile's Ex Slide wake up, it is a 6 frame wake up.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
This is good but I don't think it works for the B1 option to catch them ducking. So far I've come up with this corner route after F2~Bomb for the OH option.

B1 2+4, they freeze, F43~DiveKick, NJP, F2, release Bomb, repeat.

31% with no enhancements. 35% with IceBall enhanced. 36% with both enhanced.

Not sure if there's a little more damage in it but for now that's the best I found for the OH mixup option.
36% with both enhanced? Damn that hurts before you could get around 45%:(

Blewdew

Bomb setups:

With No drones:

B3d4,f43,d3,njp,f43,d3,f2 33% (1 drone 37%)

Dvk,f43,d3,njp,f43,d3,f2 35% (1 drone 39%

B12+4,f43,d3,njp,f43,d3,f2 36% ( 2 drones 42%)

Blewdew

If they nerf him anymore he's going to be unplayable it's hard for him to get damage
Midscreen yes, corner not that bad in my opinion. 37-42% meterless into setup is quite good and you can always go for 114,slide instead of f2 if you need the damage to get the round.

And if they'll make his bomb or dive kick a mid so be it. In my eyes they need to do way more than this to make him unplayable. Even without the hard to block mixups he can be a bitch to fight against.

Dolphin-Dude

Sea-Guy
The divekick change I expected to happen, but not the changes to 1112. It's gonna take some adjustments to get used to hardly using it ever now. At least we're able to salvage his setplay, F2/NJK do seem to work fine, we just have to be more precise. Overall, I don't think this character needs any more nerfs, apart from the people begging for bomb to be a mid, which I hope doesn't occur.