What's new

Combo List - Cyber Sub-Zero Official Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread

Samsara

Resident Cynic
That's what they did. Made it much harder to do for less damage. Meanwhile other DLC...

Anyway yea, from what I've been doing now, what I think is the optimal damage into setup in the corner is-

end in F2, drop low bomb, B3D4, they freeze, F43~FDK, NJP, F43~CDK, F2, repeat. B12+4 same setup.

A few % less and the timing is less friendly. Annoys me sometimes.

Doing F2 midscreen has to be within a couple of frames for the setup. Anything else and there's a weird delay that won't let you get your Bomb out in time to follow up quickly. No idea why this happens but it happens to me a lot, maybe around half of the time.
Jesus Christ , man. Well thanks. I'll do my best with what we have. I really liked the idea for this character but I'm not sure I'm keeping him on the main train. Nothing to do with the nerf necessarily I've just honestly grown tired of this game. These characters were a kinda last hurrah for my interest in the game and it appears as if they haven't saved it. Goddamn this character is slick as fuck though. I'll get to editing later tonight then. Thanks for the update.

I love this game man but I'm honestly dropping it hard once SFV gets its shit together with content. I need Balrog and Juri in my life rn.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I like this, but I seems Like a delayed wake-up kinda ruins this setup. Also since F2 isnt a hard knockdown they can more than likely tech roll backdash. It may seem really good now, but once and if people ever lab against it it seems to have alot of flaws. (speaking without labbing. Haven't touched my console since pretty much the hotfix)

On the other hand, if they don't do what I mentioned above then GGs dawg.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
I like this, but I seems Like a delayed wake-up kinda ruins this setup. Also since F2 isnt a hard knockdown they can more than likely tech roll backdash. It may seem really good now, but once and if people ever lab against it it seems to have alot of flaws. (speaking without labbing. Haven't touched my console since pretty much the hotfix)

On the other hand, if they don't do what I mentioned above then GGs dawg.
If we use mid range bomb, this set up has better luck.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Need help with my online combos can't really pull any off! My video is me online help would be appreciated!
I watched some of it but the first issue is of course your difficulty in punishing with high damage combos.

Also you don't seem to pressure a lot. He has a few hits where he's positive on so after you do them, go for a grab or something. I've seen you many time get in his face, poke, B2 then jump away because he blocked. F13 is a great string also or B3D4 for shenanigans. Like many times you run in and just do 111...too easy to block, instead do F13 or B2 followed by iceball

Also, Cyber subby wubby has one of the greatest NjP against grounded opponents because it hits so low. Use that to your adv. I NjP so much. Full screen slide stops you right in front of your opponent, then do a NjP. It can catch many ppl. then follow with this combo for dmg:
NjP > 4 > Iceball > DS > rc > B2 (DE) > F131 > Slide (27%)

I watched some of it but the first issue is of course your difficulty in punishing with high damage combos.

Also you don't seem to pressure a lot. He has a few hits where he's positive on so after you do them, go for a grab or something. I've seen you many time get in his face, poke, B2 then jump away because he blocked. F13 is a great string also or B3D4 for shenanigans. Like many times you run in and just do 111...too easy to block, instead do F13 or B2 followed by iceball

Also, Cyber subby wubby has one of the greatest NjP against grounded opponents because it hits so low. Use that to your adv. I NjP so much. Full screen slide stops you right in front of your opponent, then do a NjP. It can catch many ppl. then follow with this combo for dmg:
NjP > 4 > Iceball > DS > rc > B2 (DE) > F131 > Slide (27%)
Thank you so much will definitely take your advice will practice then go online and post another video and you can see if I did good! Again thanks for your help!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Question

After the B3U4 > FDK > NjP, some people follow it with JK > CDK. My question is; Is this worth it?
It doesn't add much damage and the tiny amount of meter building it does is at a risk of dropping the combo since it's harder than other alternatives that yield the same amount of damage

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Question

After the B3U4 > FDK > NjP, some people follow it with JK > CDK. My question is; Is this worth it?
It doesn't add much damage and the tiny amount of meter building it does is at a risk of dropping the combo since it's harder than other alternatives that yield the same amount of damage
It is 100% essential that you style on your enemies. The absolute disrespect they show you merely by accepting your challenge is enough to merit all the dive kicks you can muster.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
It is 100% essential that you style on your enemies. The absolute disrespect they show you merely by accepting your challenge is enough to merit all the dive kicks you can muster.
Well in that case, I think we should do the following modifications to the F13 BnB to really set them straight

JiP > F13 > Iceball > teabag > DS > JiP > B3U4 > NjP > FDK > JiK > CDK > Upercut > teabag while opponent in air > rc > Switch leg position twice > 21 > F13 > 114 > Slide > uppercut (DE) - 93% dmg

Well in that case, I think we should do the following modifications to the F13 BnB to really set them straight

JiP > F13 > Iceball > teabag > DS > JiP > B3U4 > NjP > FDK > JiK > CDK > Upercut > teabag while opponent in air > rc > Switch leg position twice > 21 > F13 > 114 > Slide > uppercut (DE) - 93% dmg
lmao, I died at the teabag whiel opponent in air> rc

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Phew. Picking up this character because he is just too much fun. But these optimized combos, man, they are gonna take some getting used to. This character really has to work for it alright.

I GOT HANDS

So now that F2 is our set-up ender instead of 1112, what is the best way to and a combo that has a freeze?
That's what they did. Made it much harder to do for less damage. Meanwhile other DLC...

Anyway yea, from what I've been doing now, what I think is the optimal damage into setup in the corner is-

end in F2, drop low bomb, B3D4, they freeze, F43~FDK, NJP, F43~CDK, F2, repeat. B12+4 same setup.

A few % less and the timing is less friendly. Annoys me sometimes.

Doing F2 midscreen has to be within a couple of frames for the setup. Anything else and there's a weird delay that won't let you get your Bomb out in time to follow up quickly. No idea why this happens but it happens to me a lot, maybe around half of the time.
I'm using this, but has anyone found any better than this for set-up in the corner? For easy digestion, its

[freeze] B3U4~DK, F34~DK, NjP, F34~DK, F2

feel like we should be able to improve on it

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
48% 1 bar off a corner vortex. Ends the loop though.

DE CloseBomb, DE B12+4, F43xxD3, F43xxD3, NJP, F43xxExD3.

Can do the same thing off a bomb and B3D4 for slightly less damage. These combos seems like they don't work on certain hit boxes though, having trouble getting it to land on Scorpion.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Also after a well timed bomb setup into B12+4 we seem to be plus. I've been having great success following this up with B3 iceball then when it gets blocked go into B1.

#MoreThanJustA50/50Boiz

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Also 21 throw after a bomb setup is a untechable tick throw that goes into full combo. The only way out of this for certain characters is to jump after 21, cause 21 breaks certain armor attacks and the throw/bomb breaks any armor after 21.

This can be mixed up with non enhanced 212 or 21, IADK which also freezes the opponent and loops back on itself. And if they delay wakeup only 21 comes out and you can grab them as they get up lol.

marietta1200

Best Coast
Seriously, I'm only now catching up to that crazy-ass video on page 3 :confused:. Y'all probably can do these double F43's with your eyes closed but it took me awhile to nail them down...

Post hotfix | One drone | 38% without jump in

I GOT HANDS

So now that F2 is our set-up ender instead of 1112, what is the best way to and a combo that has a freeze?

I'm using this, but has anyone found any better than this for set-up in the corner? For easy digestion, its

[freeze] B3U4~DK, F34~DK, NjP, F34~DK, F2

feel like we should be able to improve on it
also, to add this it's super fucking hard, and also, I'm not convinced that this even guarantees HTB after the bomb. Using this combo I could stuff 12f wake ups with B3 then I swapped to Lao and tested against spin and couldn't make it happen. I even tried dropping the NjP to hit em higher with F2 and still couldn't stuff spin with B3. I feel like after a combo, the last button needs to be NjP to hit prop them high enough for enough to guarantee it, however that's hard to achieve without being able to freeze immediately before it.

Any advancements here guys? I'm racking my brain to find the best way to do this.

@SaltShaker

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
also, to add this it's super fucking hard, and also, I'm not convinced that this even guarantees HTB after the bomb. Using this combo I could stuff 12f wake ups with B3 then I swapped to Lao and tested against spin and couldn't make it happen. I even tried dropping the NjP to hit em higher with F2 and still couldn't stuff spin with B3. I feel like after a combo, the last button needs to be NjP to hit prop them high enough for enough to guarantee it, however that's hard to achieve without being able to freeze immediately before it.

Any advancements here guys? I'm racking my brain to find the best way to do this.

@SaltShaker
Do you mean ending in an NJP splat? If so:

Double F43xxDK then Double NJP? That way off any grounded freeze you can use B3U4xxDK into the string mentioned above. I only use 1 F43 for consistency but you can squeeze more damage if you do 2.

If not ignore me.

I GOT HANDS

Double F43xxDK then Double NJP? That way off any grounded freeze you can use B3U4xxDK into the string mentioned above. I only use 1 F43 for consistency but you can squeeze more damage if you do 2.

If not ignore me.
No, so you are saying,

[freeze] B3U4~DK, F43~DK, F43~DK, NjP

connects?

I GOT HANDS

If not ignore me.
Ok so it does connect, F2 still doesn't hit them high enough however, neither does NjK because you have to press it really early, and double NjP splat doesn't last long enough.

As far as I can tell, the only way to do it is single F43, with

[freeze] B3U4~DK, F43~DK, NjP, F2

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

@SaltShaker
No advancements. The Nerf hit hard in the corner. You pretty much can go-

A) Max damage combo ender, HTB setup much less safe. Will likely have to get creative with your follow up or make a good read.

B) Significantly less damage with one 43~DK, NJP, F2 to guarantee the setup. Forces them to armor or guess correctly.

Sometimes I go for max damage and pressure options, sometime I cut the damage short and go for the setup. Depends on the MU and the health bars at the time they reach the corner for me.

I GOT HANDS

I think I'll stick with the gauranteed set-up in general especially since its easier on execution and actually guarantees the set-up, and just go for max damage for finishers

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

No advancements. The Nerf hit hard in the corner. You pretty much can go-

A) Max damage combo ender, HTB setup much less safe. Will likely have to get creative with your follow up or make a good read.

B) Significantly less damage with one 43~DK, NJP, F2 to guarantee the setup. Forces them to armor or guess correctly.

Sometimes I go for max damage and pressure options, sometime I cut the damage short and go for the setup. Depends on the MU and the health bars at the time they reach the corner for me.
Just an update,

[freeze] B3U4~DK, F43~DK, F43~DK, NjP, F2
[bomb freeze] F43~DK, F43~DK, NjP, F2

immediately followed by Bomb, B3D4 beats out Sub Zero waking up with regular slide, which is a 9f wake up.

I'm still getting the BnB and the timings on bomb drops an all that consistent (only picked up this character a couple of days ago) but I'll keep trying to see if I beat Lao's spin as well, doubles as practice for the combos so all G

@The_Tile
@RM Ree
@SaltShaker