What's new

NRS Email Leak? Alleged New MK11 Details/Cover Art/Community Reveal Plans

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I agree on the Ronda Rousey. Good for her for her fighting skills and achievements, but if she's not a good actress, they don't matter. Bridgette Wilson didn't have squat martial arts experience, but she played Sonya awesomely.

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
narr. The world is to big to waste time paying attention to stuff you do not like. There is a common perception problem people have when they think as they are interesting in something, everyone is. I'm going to do a test and ask everyone I meet who she is I bet not a single person would have heard of her.
I don't give a f u c k about MMA or whatever and I know who she is. So does basically everyone I know.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I don't care if Ronda Rousey is voicing Sonya because while actually playing the game what is the most you are going to hear? I mean, Sonya's lines in MKX are things like "Retirement MY ASS..." I have a little faith in Ronda that she will be able to at least sell things like that -- and it isn't even like she has to try too hard considering MK is supposed to be a little cheesy. I don't think NRS is expecting her to have an Oscar-worthy performance or anything.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I don't care if Ronda Rousey is voicing Sonya because while actually playing the game what is the most you are going to hear? I mean, Sonya's lines in MKX are things like "Retirement MY ASS..." I have a little faith in Ronda that she will be able to at least sell things like that -- and it isn't even like she has to try too hard considering MK is supposed to be a little cheesy. I don't think NRS is expecting her to have an Oscar-worthy performance or anything.
It'd mostly be a bummer to me because a) I don't like Ronda Rousey, b) I love Tricia Helfer (Number Six from Battlestar Galactica), who voiced Sonya in MKX and was pretty great in the story mode I thought. Insofar as an NRS Story Mode demands intense acting lol

Alec

Noob
It'd mostly be a bummer to me because a) I don't like Ronda Rousey, b) I love Tricia Helfer (Number Six from Battlestar Galactica), who voiced Sonya in MKX and was pretty great in the story mode I thought. Insofar as an NRS Story Mode demands intense acting lol
Oh Sh*t, Sonya was voiced by Tricia Helfer??? How did I not know that? Geez, I can see how going from that to Ronda might sting. I'll just take bliss in the fact I didn't know that 'til now and try not to listen to MKX Sonya again now that I do. #LetItGo

P.S: @ImperatrixSindel I like the new profile pic

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Oh Sh*t, Sonya was voiced by Tricia Helfer??? How did I not know that? Geez, I can see how going from that to Ronda might sting. I'll just take bliss in the fact I didn't know that 'til now and try not to listen to MKX Sonya again now that I do. #LetItGo

P.S: @ImperatrixSindel I like the new profile pic
I know, right? Tricia's so great.

And thank you! It's from a piece by Heather Uebel: https://artofhau.artstation.com/projects/x5J2O

Gamer68

Fujin!
Story mode is a good point, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how she does.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Johhny can be DLC. Sonya, Jax and Kano need to sit out a game at least.
Honestly I think Jax has more right to stay with the kids than Johnny does, because Jacqui and Jax don't really fight similarly and Cassie could just nab a few more of Johnny's moves.

Still, I think if any of them make it in besides Kenshi it'll be Johnny just based on popularity alone. Sonya's popular too but people don't like when women get old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gamer68

Fujin!
I have no problem with all the parent characters and all the Kombat Kids returning as long as it means we are getting more than 24 characters like last time.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I have no problem with all the parent characters and all the Kombat Kids returning as long as it means we are getting more than 24 characters like last time.
Yeah I'm fine with keeping them all if we get a lot more characters. It would just be weird storywise to do that whole ending in MKX where Cassie sort of surpasses her parents and they imply Johnny at least is going to retire... but then have all three of them in the next game.

Aramonde

Noob
Honestly I think Jax has more right to stay with the kids than Johnny does, because Jacqui and Jax don't really fight similarly and Cassie could just nab a few more of Johnny's moves.

Still, I think if any of them make it in besides Kenshi it'll be Johnny just based on popularity alone. Sonya's popular too but people don't like when women get old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just think its time to give other characters a chance to be playable and those characters have been in most of the series. Also people don't like Sonya because she's boring and her whole character arc is just her rivalry with Kano.

The box art is fake af. MKX was dark and washed out so they went with simplistic. MK11 seems to have accents like the red on Raiden and Scorp's clothing, which isn't shown here at all. Either way it just doesn't look great, plus I'm predicting they'll put more than just Scorpion on the real box art as not to repeat last title exactly, or if they do it'll be the two timeline versions of him. The names Geras and Kronika sound bland and cheesy in that order and uncharacteristic of NRS. They wouldn't reveal Sonya, in MKX they revealed the cages way after, she's iconic but not super hype. Krushing Blows, whatever that is, why does that get a special name but custom variations and supers do not? I'm pretty sure if they got rid of x-rays, they'd rename it to something unique. Why would they originally show a Shao Kahn trailer, they didn't do that early on for Goro or Darkseid. Everything sounds so vague and dumb. (Sorry I'm pretty tired just need to vent lol)

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
https://www.thenerdmag.com/new-mortal-kombat-11-leaked-details-new-fighter/

So, there's apparently /another/ email leak that's even older than the one we just got, dating back to late October. Glancing over, most of it is stuff we already know, though since it's before the VGAs, there's talk of the production scheduling leading up to the 12/6 reveal. The only new takeaway I found was a planned mini series that they plan to air early 2019 called 'The Science of Mortal Kombat'. According to the short description, it sounds like a group of people (science guys? martial artists?) will be shown different moves from the games, and they'll attempt to recreate them in real life. Sounds pretty cool if it's all real. But still, considering the frequency of these leaks, it's starting to make me feel even more skeptical.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The box art is fake af. MKX was dark and washed out so they went with simplistic. MK11 seems to have accents like the red on Raiden and Scorp's clothing, which isn't shown here at all. Either way it just doesn't look great, plus I'm predicting they'll put more than just Scorpion on the real box art as not to repeat last title exactly, or if they do it'll be the two timeline versions of him. The names Geras and Kronika sound bland and cheesy in that order and uncharacteristic of NRS. They wouldn't reveal Sonya, in MKX they revealed the cages way after, she's iconic but not super hype. Krushing Blows, whatever that is, why does that get a special name but custom variations and supers do not? I'm pretty sure if they got rid of x-rays, they'd rename it to something unique. Why would they originally show a Shao Kahn trailer, they didn't do that early on for Goro or Darkseid. Everything sounds so vague and dumb. (Sorry I'm pretty tired just need to vent lol)
The Scorpion on the box art is based off of the Scorpion we can see in images.

Look here: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/976310/ss_25db57e715957f9673a69723867942f79b8357d9.jpg?t=1544829892

Scorpion is seen with a red loincloth with a black emblem on it. Now look back at the box-art, he even has it there. The armor seems to be a complete match as the one in the picture, only difference is that he has a different Kunai which seems to be the one from the trailer, but weird art things like that has happened in the past.

Kronika is based off of Kronos from Greek mythology, Geris is based off of someone from Greek mythology with the same name. Knowing that, the names really aren't that weird.

Sonya is apparently just going to be one of the many characters revealed, they are only highlighting her because Ronda Rousey is playing her and it's kind of a big deal.

As for the Shao Kahn trailer thingy, apparently marketing wanted a trailer or whatever but then NRS was like "nah" and it got shut down quickly.

The Scorpion on the box art is based off of the Scorpion we can see in images.

Look here: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/976310/ss_25db57e715957f9673a69723867942f79b8357d9.jpg?t=1544829892

Scorpion is seen with a red loincloth with a black emblem on it. Now look back at the box-art, he even has it there. The armor seems to be a complete match as the one in the picture, only difference is that he has a different Kunai which seems to be the one from the trailer, but weird art things like that has happened in the past.

Kronika is based off of Kronos from Greek mythology, Geris is based off of someone from Greek mythology with the same name. Knowing that, the names really aren't that weird.

Sonya is apparently just going to be one of the many characters revealed, they are only highlighting her because Ronda Rousey is playing her and it's kind of a big deal.

As for the Shao Kahn trailer thingy, apparently marketing wanted a trailer or whatever but then NRS was like "nah" and it got shut down quickly.
Character design aside, im talking about visual design. Mk11 is going for a lot more colour but theres a lot of contrast between them too. The reds yellows and blues on raidens and scorpions armor pop out. This box art gives no indication of that. Comparing to mkx which was dark and minimalistic,which matched the game. However thats all just my opinion.

Yeh using greek mythology names is really really cliche. I cant say i havnt done that myself when making fictional names. All it takes is a quick google of who the avatars of time are. There's another name in here used "Todd", just sounds so genericly made up. This whole email gives me the feeling its written in a way thats so cliche and easy to understand for a mass audience.

This “leak” screams fake to me. I have a hard time believing NRS would send around two fairly low quality box art images to decide which one to go with... wouldn’t they have the original file out of photoshop or whatever?

Also, why now, when the guy had this email for like two months?

Personally, I think dude took the time to make this as believable as he could, knowing the details we now know, just so someone will listen to his big brother’s song and look up DJ whatever-his-name-is.