What's new

NRS Email Leak? Alleged New MK11 Details/Cover Art/Community Reveal Plans

Gamer68

Fujin!
Here's something that I don't see anyone talking about: so from the GameStop Italy leak it says that online matchmaking would be better and the entire multiplayer component is focused on "eSports", and the game will have daily news, rewards, and so on.

Then from this Email leak it says that they want to spend some time talking about "Online/Multiplayer". The fact that they will be talking about online the same time they are revealing the game (which usually they don't do, details about online is usually slim in pre-release) and also considering the game could have a focus on eSports, does this mean that we could be getting proper Ranked? Like with, you know, actual ranks?

I don't see how you can make a game that is going to be competitive, eSports focused, etc, and not have that basic feature that even some of the worst FGs have.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
who is Ronda Rousey and why would I care that she is at the community launch?

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
who is Ronda Rousey and why would I care that she is at the community launch?
She is the WWE Women's Champion and a former UFC star. One of the most famous female fighters in the world. (I find her super annoying, but that's neither here nor there. She has a lot of fans and for whatever reason NRS loves to do cross-promotion with the WWE.)

Jynks

Oh a WWE person.. yeah.. I should have guessed with that alliteration in the name lol... file this info under "I do not give a shit".

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’m fine with Scorpion, but the box art just seems too bright and busy. It’s like one of those things I’d make when first learning how to use Photoshop filters and layers. I loved the simplistic style of MKX cover art and in-game UI, so I hope that carries over to MK11.

Jynks

She’s one of the most legendary MMA fighters of all time and the first American to win an Olympic medal in judo, to boot. Maybe come out from under that rock for a bit lol.
narr. The world is to big to waste time paying attention to stuff you do not like. There is a common perception problem people have when they think as they are interesting in something, everyone is. I'm going to do a test and ask everyone I meet who she is I bet not a single person would have heard of her.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I don't think this game needs Sonya if Cassie is in it. Waste of a roster spot. There is a most/least played slide on another fan site that shows Sonya/Reptile/Ferra Torr as the least played.
Honestly if they don't have Sonya and Johnny sit one out, the whole MKX Story Mode will feel pretty weird. It was a very clear passing-the-torch storyline.

E

Eldriken

If the game is gonna be eSports focused, I wonder if that means they'll try and do more balance patches or just more meaningful balance patches periodically.

'Cause let's face it, Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 lost a lot of steam due how fucking -boring- they could be to viewers. Nobody wants to see Superman lasers, Aquaman MB Trident Rush, Tanya teleporting all over the place all match, etc.

It gets particularly stale early on and if it's the current meta until a patch changes it, well, that could spell disaster. So let's hope that's not the case for once.

I also hope it's not riddled with stupid 50/50s throughout its lifespan, if at all. If 50/50s are gonna be present, at least tone them down to where they're not so dominant.

thesacrifist

Too old for this
If the game is gonna be eSports focused, I wonder if that means they'll try and do more balance patches or just more meaningful balance patches periodically.

'Cause let's face it, Injustice, MKX and Injustice 2 lost a lot of steam due how fucking -boring- they could be to viewers. Nobody wants to see Superman lasers, Aquaman MB Trident Rush, Tanya teleporting all over the place all match, etc.

It gets particularly stale early on and if it's the current meta until a patch changes it, well, that could spell disaster. So let's hope that's not the case for once.

I also hope it's not riddled with stupid 50/50s throughout its lifespan, if at all. If 50/50s are gonna be present, at least tone them down to where they're not so dominant.
Well, NRS gets a bad rep for patching "too often" by some too, so they are kind of damned if they do damned if they don't on this one. Some of the problems boil down to poor balancing of the combos each character have, most characters have like 2-3 strings that are worth using for BNBs the rest are rarely seen, which makes the gameplay seem more stale. Superman honestly wouldn't be as boring if they removed F23

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Regarding crushing blows, I believe they are one of the following:

> A slow stand-alone attack or end of string attack that will crush an opponents guard and drain all their stamina

> An attack with high hitstun/knockback on hit via certain conditions, a la Lethal Hit in Soul Calibur

Supers are either replacing X-Rays as a cinematic attack or will function more like powerful one-off moves that cost all your meter.

E

Eldriken

Well, NRS gets a bad rep for patching "too often" by some too, so they are kind of damned if they do damned if they don't on this one. Some of the problems boil down to poor balancing of the combos each character have, most characters have like 2-3 strings that are worth using for BNBs the rest are rarely seen, which makes the gameplay seem more stale. Superman honestly wouldn't be as boring if they removed F23
Yeah, they released patches too often in the past, but they seem to have strayed from that with Injustice 2.

I'm just wondering what they're gonna do due to the heavy focus on eSports.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Which is something that frustrates me. Game companies will throw millions at people who are bad at their jobs just to get the name on a project (remember Peter Dinklage in Destiny?) and then cry that they need microtransactions and whatever else to offset that absurd cost they misspent while making it. But who knows, this might be her moment to shine
Oh god I forgot about that... dude was absolute trash wasn’t he?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
narr. The world is to big to waste time paying attention to stuff you do not like. There is a common perception problem people have when they think as they are interesting in something, everyone is. I'm going to do a test and ask everyone I meet who she is I bet not a single person would have heard of her.
None of that makes even the slightest lick of sense. I couldn’t possibly give less of a fuck about bikes or racing but I still know who Lance Armstrong is. Disinterest shouldn’t be confused with general obliviousness and ignorance.

You would lose the shit out of that bet, by the way.

TamedLizard

Buff George
I actually don't think the box art is all that bad. It could use a little more contrast (probably somewhere between the Dragon logo/background vs render), but I definitely like it better than MKX's.

Also, with only about 4 1/2 months to go, I expect to see way more than just one new character reveal. With launch being so close this time around, a 10 character build at the event wouldn't surprise me. But who knows? Maybe after the event they have weekly reveals scheduled so maybe they'll play it safe with the usual 6-8 character build.