I'm on the Leak Patrol these days, apparently. ICYMI, I did a thread on the supposed leaks we've seen so far, debunking details to show why they're probably all fake.
There's a new 'leak' today, though, that has more points in its favor:
Allegedly this is an NRS email from the marketing department, dated before the VGA. (Note, though, that email timestamps can be faked.) It has lots of accurate details about the VGA rollout, and makes the following additional claims:
- Ronda Rousey will allegedly be at the Jan 17 community reveal to announce she's voicing Sonya Blade, which would be a big waste of money unless she's a playable character.
- One of the new characters is supposedly named 'Geras', and they say there's potentially a trailer for him coming Jan 17 because Shao Kahn's gameplay isn't ready to show. (This makes sense, as Shao Kahn is the pre-order character, ergo probably doesn't factor into the story mode, and therefore they'd start developing him later on.)
- New gameplay elements that the email says need to be introduced: Custom Variations, Krushing Blows, and Supers.
- A mode is listed called 'Towers of Time', which would make sense as the new version of the Living Towers.
All of this seems pretty believable to me, and while I'm not treating any of it as necessarily real, I'll be updating the OP of my leaks post with this potential information.
- The email writer pitches showing off a Story Prologue teaser to introduce 'Kronika', presumably the hourglass woman in the Announce Trailer. (A name deriving from Khronos -- Greek god of time -- would track with the way the Elder Gods tend to have names drawn from Japanese or Greek mythology.)
We'll have to see for ourselves on January 17, because this absolutely could be faked (with timestamps, etc) but of all the supposed leaks to come out during the MK11 lead-up period, this is the one looking most plausible to me.
If this is fake, it's a master class in fake leaks, so good work to this person if they made it up.
NRS Email Leak? Alleged New MK11 Details/Cover Art/Community Reveal Plans