What's new

NRS Email Leak? Alleged New MK11 Details/Cover Art/Community Reveal Plans

Gamer68

Fujin!
I'm assuming Krushing Blows are like that part in the reveal trailer when Scorpion gets smacked by Raiden's staff and gets all dizzy and stuff. Maybe it's sort of like a critical attack, maybe if someone whiffs and you get them with a certain move it deals extra damage and puts them in a dizzy state for a free combo.

"Supers" seem to imply that X-rays are out, which I kinda thought was happening. X-rays never happened in the reveal trailer like they did for MKX, even in shots where it would make since: like Scorpion stabbing Raiden in the face with his Kunai. Maybe they are just doing Supers instead of X-rays because they are easier to make and every character will have multiple of them to choose from when making Custom Variations?

Then Brutalities are confirmed, hopefully they work the same way as MKX -- those were really fun to land.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
The box art seems a little off / amatureish to me. I could be wrong, but I think at least some of this was a "fake leak".. could have been an intentional one too.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
One thing that can make for the surprise of Ronda Rousey, is with them having celebrities at the event in London. She could just be there playing the game, and all of a sudden, say, have Sonya fight Scorpion. Sonya talks, and it's Rousey herself. Hell, maybe some of the celebrities at the event could be voices for other characters.

about the voice actors.

Unless they were contracted for multiple games, which at some point WB cancelled, i can't see why it's a surprise to have them replaced. They aren't "the" character, only their voice at that point in time.

If the previous actors thought they were going reprise their role in a subsequent game, then that's their wrong assumption, again, unless they had a contract saying so.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
about the voice actors.

Unless they were contracted for multiple games, which at some point WB cancelled, i can't see why it's a surprise to have them replaced. They aren't "the" character, only their voice at that point in time.

If the previous actors thought they were going reprise their role in a subsequent game, then that's their wrong assumption, again, unless they had a contract saying so.
It's typical, though, for VAs to be hired for multiple games in the same series for continuity. Capcom tends to keep theirs when possible, for instance.

But NRS has shaken things up before. Lani Minella was pretty upset she wasn't asked back to be Sindel again in MKX. (But I figure they didn't want to pay her for an NPC, and Kelly Hu was already on-set to voice D'Vorah.)

i hope the name "kronika" is a place holder
it sounds like either someone whose has a lame super power involving chronic pain or some 420 basic bitch

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
@ismael4790 Great work salvaging that link, i was about to ask if someone checked if it's legit.

Krushing Blows
I wonder if they removed the 50/50 coin flips and replaced it with this Krushing blows thingy, which essentially sounds like unblockable attack that you can use to open up your opponent instead of using mix.

@ 0:41 of the trailer you can see Raiden using what looks like an overhead attack but the high startup animation makes you wonder if it's more rewarding than that, perhaps this could be a krushing blow that will stun and punish opponents who block too much?

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
It may just be me, but if the name really is based off of Chronos, then calling her 'Khrona' sounds a bit better. Rolls off the tongue a bit more smoothly than Kronika.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
If that ends up being the final box art then I think it's a direct response to everyone saying that MKX was to dark and washed out.

"Color?! You want color!? FINE HAVE SOME COLOR" *Makes entire box golden*
That was my first thought and why it made me excited even if 'another Scorpion cover' isn't my jam exactly. Like it's BRIGHT AS FUCK at least.