What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I almost feels like NRS pre-emptively nerfed his zoning game to avoid Deadshot casual backlash from seeing him online everywhere.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm not too sure about Noob being one of the game's premier zoners in the same vein as Cetrion. She's got a whole bunch of tools to compliment her keepaway game. Noob is out here with a slow-startup unsafe mid tackle and a slow-startup unsafe halfscreen low slide. His close/medium/far Sickle overheads are nowhere to be seen.
Well, Noob would not be the first character for whom NRS has sold a massive zoning bill. Remember Darkseid? LOL. However, the game has yet to be officially released so we ought to be patient before we jump to conclusions.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I will have the game tomorrow and am planning on maining the zoning Noob but I will give my first impressions and maybe upload some day 1 matches against my bros Jax to show how well he can deal with full on rushdown. Ill also try out the other variation too. Hard to say how these will work out off just frame data

I can also take questions on Noob then and post some day 1 combos /set ups of course

Last edited:

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I will have the game tomorrow and am planning on maining the zoning Noob but I will give my first impressions and maybe upload some day 1 matches against my bros Jax to show how well he can deal with full on rushdown. Ill also try out the other variation too. Hard to say how these will work out off just frame data

I can also take questions on Noob then and post some day 1 combos /set ups of course
I made threads on combos, matchups and etc. that got stickied. If you end up with some combos and the threads aren't locked, then post them there!

I'm excited.

NooBooN

I Am Thee Noob Saibot
Has anybody seen what his shadow Portal move looks like or does? Ill be totally bummed if he doesnt have his black hole moves ala mk9

M2Dave

Zoning Master
If anyone has the game and would like to tell me the missing data, I'll put it in asap if you tag me.
1 - 7 frames, 2 active frames, 17 frames of recovery, 11 cancel advantage, 4 hit advantage, -2 block advantage, -2 f-block advantage, 2% damage, high

b+1 - 9 frames, 3 active frames, 29 frames of recovery, 12 cancel advantage, 6 hit advantage, -5 block advantage, -5 f-block advantage, 5% damage, mid

d+1 - 7 frames, 2 active frames, 14 frames of recovery, 14 cancel advantage, 9 hit advantage, -4 block advantage, -4 f-block advantage, 2% damage, mid

2 - 8 frames, 2 active frames, 22 frames of recovery, 12 cancel advantage, 14 hit advantage, -7 block advantage, -7 f-block advantage, 3% damage, high

b+2 - 12 frames, 1 active frames, 31 frames of recovery, N/A cancel advantage, 25 hit advantage, -5 block advantage, -15 f-block advantage, 7% damage, mid

I think I copied everything correctly. Please let me know if anything looks strange.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Thanks @M2Dave !!! it's updated now with the info.

If he really does have a 9 frame mid B1, this dude is going to be scary af up close AND far away lol.
b+1 has 9 frames of start, but b+1,1+3 is -17 on block. There is a lot of push back so you are unlikely to be punished by a normal attack. b+1,1+3 can be hit-confirmed into the launching EX tele-slam for a combo. The most damaging mid screen option that I have found thus far is dash, f+3, f+2,2,1,2. For those people who do not have the game yet, f+3 is a launching high kick while f+2,2,1,2 is a long string. The last hit cannot be special canceled. 1,1,3 also guarantees an EX tele-slam. Both b+1,1+3 and 1,1,3 lead to about 33% of damage after EX tele-slam.

The following are my miscellaneous thoughts about Noob after practicing and playing, or rather attempting to play, some competitive matches.

- the first tournament variation, Seeing Double, is severely lacking. Ghost ball is unblockable but starts up in 42 frames. Shadow slide is too unsafe on block. Tele-slam can be performed in the air, but the EX version does not pop up. Unless I am missing something, this variation is worthless.

- the second tournament variation, Dark Sabbath, is much better. The spirit ball, which looks just like the ghost ball, is blockable but starts up much faster. This move is currently one of the better projectiles in the game because of its traveling speed and damage. Dark Sabbath also gives you access to the launching EX tele-slam and the aerial sickle port, which I need to explore a lot more.

- the shadow tackle has less recovery frames than in Mortal Kombat 9 but is much slower on start up. If Noob gets hit, the shadow tackle disappears, which is a major issue in projectiles wars.

- b+2 and f+4 are Noob's best footsies tools. They are -5 and -7 on block respectively. From what I have observed, there are no more 6 frame low pokes and special moves so I would not worry too much about the -7 on block. b+2 and f+4 also knock the opponent down very far away on hit. The only problem is that they lead to no significant damage as they are not special cancelable. b+3, which is the last long range footsies tool, special cancels into EX tele-slam, but the move only hits once, recovers at -16 on block on its own, and the special cancel window into the EX tele-slam at farther ranges is kind of weird to me.

I could probably write five more paragraphs, but I just wanted to share my initial impressions. By the way, when you guys get access to the game, make sure to go to kustomize, choose Noob, and find the abilities tab. Tap 1 and choose the variations with a trophy next to them. Those variations are the official tournament ones so you are not wasting your time practicing moves that will be banned in tournaments. LOL.

I'm not too sure about Noob being one of the game's premier zoners in the same vein as Cetrion. She's got a whole bunch of tools to compliment her keepaway game. Noob is out here with a slow-startup unsafe mid tackle and a slow-startup unsafe halfscreen low slide. His close/medium/far Sickle overheads are nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand, his combo-heavy variation with Sickle Snag and and popup Teleport, and unblockable Ghostball seems waaaaaaaaaay more compelling.
The unblockable ghost ball is part of his 1st variation which has slide and air tele.
The one with the launching AMP tele and air sickle tele has a blockable high spirit ball projectile

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Here is another one.

EX aerial sickle port juggles mid screen and is only -9 on block. f+2,2,1 xx shadow tackle should connect afterward for about 22% of damage. You can use the aerial sickle to bait certain anti-aerial attacks. Keep in mind that you are still vulnerable before you teleport, though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Does b+1,1+3,shadow tackle jail? Push them back a little bit further and be a little more safe?
Good thinking! Unfortunately, b+1,1+3 is only special cancelable on hit. If b+1,1+3 xx shadow tackle worked on block, the push back would be almost half a screen away. LOL.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Ok im just starting out but first key things to know:

- The overall design of the character is based around godlike buttons with jo hurtboxes at the cost of recovery

- B1 a 9 frame mid like his MK9 B1

- B1 1+3 is zero in hit restand, cancellable into specials. Doing this into teleport seems to be the most consistant way to combo into teleport. Air teleport start up is much faster tho so I will look into instant air teleport conversions

- B1 1+3 2 is a krushing blow off a 9 frame no hurtbox punish or counter hit, just adds damage to last hit

- F4 is a single button but 2 hits, low into high. But quickly testing it may be a true block string with no gap to neutral duck the 2nd hit so essentially mid but will confirm

- B3 low button with massive hitbox, B3 1+3 is the side switch

- B2 is a very quick, safe mid advancing poke that hits them full screen. Not cancellable. Its the ghost effect push move from the trailer. First impression is this move is VERY strong

- 212 is a 8 frame punish string that launches mid screen and is cancellable. I cancelled into up klone but sadly upklone does not have the same recovery on hit as the last game so you cant really convert of it into raw teleport if they are high in the air, but i will see if instant air teleport works mid screen. You can do stuff lile 212 dash forward B3 1+3 for a midscreen meterless side switch

- The new upklone in terms of combos is F3 which is a godlike fast anti air kick and cancellable, will be used in corner combos and for damage off raw F3 anti airs midscreen

- F2212 is not cancellable on 4th hit but is on 3rd for easy confirms into klone specials, F221 teleport does not work though

- D2 is with the sickle and very good overall with range and priority

- D4 is also with the sickle kinda like leatherface d4 or whatever with the chainsaw, can hit people out of the air

- Ghost ball is a high that is duckable on neutral crouch, whoever said it was mid was wrong

- Slide much better recovery than running klone

Thats it so far, will update with more and answer some questions too. But yeah, big buttons but more recovery is the name of the game. Still getting used to his up close game because his inputs are all different now so cant really comment on it yet cus im not used to it. Id imagine his shimmies and throws will be how he opens you up most though from up close. You will want to knock people away asap

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Is B1 into rising shadow a thing? In theory, it should be safer and do more chip than B1 1+3.
I have found no strings that jail into rising shadow kick, which hits high and starts up at a lightning fast 8 frames.

b+1,1+3 has lots of push back on block. It is safer than I initially thought. Some fast advancing punishing moves have also received frame increases in Mortal Kombat 11. For example, Kung Lao's EX spin now starts up in 12 frames while Raiden's superman starts up in 21 frames. LOL. I have yet to test every character, but the only special moves that consistently punish b+1,1+3 on block at the moment are Cage's shadow kick and Sub Zero's slide. Even Cassie's b+3, which is a normal attack and her variation of the shadow kick, tends to whiff.

kcd117

Noob
I have found no strings that jail into rising shadow kick, which hits high and starts up at a lightning fast 8 frames.

b+1,1+3 has lots of push back on block. It is safer than I initially thought. Some fast advancing punishing moves have also received frame increases in Mortal Kombat 11. For example, Kung Lao's EX spin now starts up in 12 frames while Raiden's superman starts up in 21 frames. LOL. I have yet to test every character, but the only special moves that consistently punish b+1,1+3 on block at the moment are Cage's shadow kick and Sub Zero's slide. Even Cassie's b+3, which is a normal attack and her variation of the shadow kick, tends to whiff.
Interesting. At first glance, I thought he would be able to finish blockstrings in up shadow to keep it safe due to the fast startup. Do you know if Jade's B2 is fast enough/has range to punish it? She seems to be the hardest character to zone out on paper.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Spirit ball in variation 2 does not drain meters, it is just a very fast and low recovery high projectile that looks the same as ghost ball

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Interesting. At first glance, I thought he would be able to finish blockstrings in up shadow to keep it safe due to the fast startup. Do you know if Jade's B2 is fast enough/has range to punish it? She seems to be the hardest character to zone out on paper.
b+2 is out of range, but the shadow kick will punish every time. So will Liu Kang's flying kick, by the way.

b+1 will honestly not be used in footsies because of its limited range. I suspect it will be used in the low poke and shimmy meta. Speaking of low poke, Noob's d+3 is arguably his best low poke.

Status
Not open for further replies.