What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
anybody an idea when to use the ghostball in the first variation? seems useless to me. also don't like that slide isn't full screen :(. guess i stick with his second variation.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
anybody an idea when to use the ghostball in the first variation? seems useless to me. also don't like that slide isn't full screen :(. guess i stick with his second variation.
I have found nothing with the ghost ball. The slide covers half screen and recovers at -19 on block. LOL. The first variation seems incomplete.

Does B3 1+3 have anything out from krushing blow? Does opponent pop up?
Correct. You can do 1,1,3 xx EX tele-slam f+2,2,1 after for 43% of damage. The problem is b+3,1+3 is -16 on block. I am also not sure why any opponent would be stand blocking against Noob at any range.

KyleKasady

Hellspawn
Correct. You can do 1,1,3 xx EX tele-slam f+2,2,1 after for 43% of damage. The problem is b+3,1+3 is -16 on block. I am also not sure why any opponent would be stand blocking against Noob at any range.
Yeah, it doesn't seem that you can condition in any way. The only thing I can think of you catch them off wave dashing, which I'm not sure yet how it will be properly utilizied in match. Thanks guys for answers.

KyleKasady

Hellspawn
^Those combos have little worth, because they are done in casual variations. Tournament variations don't have a sickle snag move. Oh boy, the way it is now, there is going to be a loooot of casual variations combo on YT. NRS, please, set tourney ones as default everywhere...

ErmacMKX

Noob
^Those combos have little worth, because they are done in casual variations. Tournament variations don't have a sickle snag move. Oh boy, the way it is now, there is going to be a loooot of casual variations combo on YT. NRS, please, set tourney ones as default everywhere...
Wait so the grab pop-up with the sickle isn't a tournament move, good lord these variations are such a failure atm.

KyleKasady

Hellspawn
Wait so the grab pop-up with the sickle isn't a tournament move, good lord these variations are such a failure atm.
I wouldn't cut like that off the bat, one of his tourney variation has shadow portals (teleslam launcher) which is nice, and aside the sickle snag he has very good anti-air tools already (f3 for instance, which can lead to s. portals). The only bad thing you can't do s.portals twice in one combo.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
I wouldn't cut like that off the bat, one of his tourney variation has shadow portals (teleslam launcher) which is nice, and aside the sickle snag he has very good anti-air tools already (f3 for instance, which can lead to s. portals). The only bad thing you can't do s.portals twice in one combo.
Sickle Snag and Teleslam are tournament variations js. Plus both in one variation.

KyleKasady

Hellspawn
Sickle Snag and Teleslam are tournament variations js. Plus both in one variation.
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
The tournament variations accessible in the tournament mode only, but you can set them up in kustomize menu by pressing 1.

NoobKillua

Anything's Possible
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
The tournament variations accessible in the tournament mode only, but you can set them up in kustomize menu by pressing 1.
Now I’m a bit confused here. Are tournament variations different from default variations then?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I'm going around updating more frame data sheets thanks to @ShepherdOfFire

Now Noob's has both his variations:

Spirit Ball seems really fast for what it is.
Is it still unblockable??

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
It's a high so = useless
Well, Ghost Ball is about double the startup time than Shadow Tackle and Spirt Ball, so if you condition your opponent to jump over some things then you could nail them on their way down because of the unexpected delay.

It's kind of like how Skarlet nails people with blood ball because they try to jump over her normal blood shot.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Well, Ghost Ball is about double the startup time than Shadow Tackle and Spirt Ball, so if you condition your opponent to jump over some things then you could nail them on their way down because of the unexpected delay.
The shadow tackle has a slow start up. The opponent can react and jump anywhere but mid screen, where the ghost ball and the shadow slide are too dangerous to be used. I will comment on Noob's zoning in a separate post, though.

By the way, you can finish some combos with rising shadow to get a little bit more damage mid screen if you forward dash properly. I think the rising shadow also gives you more knock down advantage than f+2,2,1,2.

1,1,3 xx EX tele-slam, f+3, f+2,1,1 xx rising shadow kick does 36% of damage.

Before you get too excited about the damage, you will rarely perform combos with Noob because none of his advancing strings allow you to do so. b+2 and f+4 are great normal attacks, but they are not special cancelable. f+2,2 does not combo into EX tele-slam. f+2,2,1 xx EX tele-slam whiffs. By the time you do find an opening, your opponent will have access to a breakaway.

Has anyone found any practical fatal blow combos?

D. R.

Noob
The shadow tackle has a slow start up. The opponent can react and jump anywhere but mid screen, where the ghost ball and the shadow slide are too dangerous to be used. I will comment on Noob's zoning in a separate post, though.

By the way, you can finish some combos with rising shadow to get a little bit more damage mid screen if you forward dash properly. I think the rising shadow also gives you more knock down advantage than f+2,2,1,2.

1,1,3 xx EX tele-slam, f+3, f+2,1,1 xx rising shadow kick does 36% of damage.

Before you get too excited about the damage, you will rarely perform combos with Noob because none of his advancing strings allow you to do so. b+2 and f+4 are great normal attacks, but they are not special cancelable. f+2,2 does not combo into EX tele-slam. f+2,2,1 xx EX tele-slam whiffs. By the time you do find an opening, your opponent will have access to a breakaway.

Has anyone found any practical fatal blow combos?
How viable is b11+3 xx Spiritball as an ender for restand and pressure midscreen? I've had different people testing things here and there and haven't had them really explore this yet. I'm not too impressed so far with Noob with what I'm hearing and seeing but I'll hold off on judgement until I have the game tomorrow.

Nonetheless, air sickle looks fucking useless.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
How viable is b11+3 xx Spiritball as an ender for restand and pressure midscreen? I've had different people testing things here and there and haven't had them really explore this yet. I'm not too impressed so far with Noob with what I'm hearing and seeing but I'll hold off on judgement until I have the game tomorrow.
b+1,1+3 xx spirit ball is +7 on block, but there is significant amount of push back. Only b+2 reaches. Kabal and Skarlet have access to identical resets from far superior strings and combo starters. As a punish, 1,1,3 xx EX tele-slam, dash f+3, dash b+1,1+3 xx spirit ball connects for 35% of damage.

I have been testing and playing, but I am also reserving final judgement. Noob is currently lacking because he is unable to cancel his primary footsies tools into special moves. If he could cancel f+4 into EX tele-slam and if he had access to slightly better zoning, he would be a much better character.

Some characters also seemed to have received the short end of the stick with this preset variation system, and Noob is one of them. Why is Kabal allowed to have an aerial downward buzz saw but Noob is not allowed to have an aerial shadow dive kick? The moves have similar frame data and serve similar functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.