What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Some characters also seemed to have received the short end of the stick with this preset variation system, and Noob is one of them. Why is Kabal allowed to have an aerial downward buzz saw but Noob is not allowed to have an aerial shadow dive kick? The moves have similar frame data and serve similar functions.
because kabal is one of the favorites of 16bit

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
So we are supposed to play neutral at mid range with special moves only since his advancing normals are not cancellable?

Mk9 flashbacks ..

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Ghost ball is going to be absolutely useless at a mid to high level. It is too slow to combo into, too much recovery to use raw in neutral, and is a high so cannot be used for meaty set ups. I seriously have no idea what this used is for besides a gimmick move for casuals because any mildly good player will never get hit by it with that absurd telegraphed start up and recovery

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Also, running klone is ass as well. Slow, tons of recovery as noob sits there, no mb on block to make safer, goes away on hit if you get hit by a faster projectile like kano knives, and as you can see advancing moves can fly over or under it. Character is extremely disappointing on in so many ways right now

M2Dave

Zoning Master
So we are supposed to play neutral at mid range with special moves only since his advancing normals are not cancellable?
Good question. Perhaps the Noob forum can figure something out when the game is officially released. The issues thus far are the bad footsies as well as the
underwhelming zoning game. While the spirit ball is a great projectile, the shadow tackle has major flaws, as @Wetdoba already outlined above.

I think I speak for all Noob players when I say that we did not wait 8 years to play another mediocre version of Noob. LOL.

the stance without the launching teleport is trash. i wish his clone hit as an overhead (which i believe was intended) so it opened up his neutral and gave people a reason to block high. what reason is there EVER for a person to high block ?

Ghost ball is going to be absolutely useless at a mid to high level. It is too slow to combo into, too much recovery to use raw in neutral, and is a high so cannot be used for meaty set ups. I seriously have no idea what this used is for besides a gimmick move for casuals because any mildly good player will never get hit by it with that absurd telegraphed start up and recovery
Damn I thought Ghost Ball was unblockable mid

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
the stance without the launching teleport is trash. i wish his clone hit as an overhead (which i believe was intended) so it opened up his neutral and gave people a reason to block high. what reason is there EVER for a person to high block ?
Does noob have any overhead starters for combos?

To be fair, why would you block high is a question that can be asked for most of the cast.

B3 has so much range...it's unsafe but if you space it and use B3 xx Shadow Tackle you can make it pretty safe. Is there a faster punish than Shadow Kick in this game?

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain

Consider checking out BeyondToxins recent stream. He went over Noob Saibot quite a bit. Talked about his best strings, combos, corner combos, Krushing Blows and stuff like that. I think it's a good starting point to quickly get into Noob Saibot.

They nerfed the crap out of Noob in between the time the tutorials were written and now

This is about his low kick high kick auto-double. It's not safe on block as @M2Dave has pointed out.

This is about his 4 hit kombo. It definitely does not start with a mid, it starts with a high. It would be great if it started with a mid.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
They nerfed the crap out of Noob in between the time the tutorials were written and now

This is about his low kick high kick auto-double. It's not safe on block as @M2Dave has pointed out.

This is about his 4 hit kombo. It definitely does not start with a mid, it starts with a high. It would be great if it started with a mid.
Maybe this stuff is changed in a possible day 0 patch?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I havent actually been able to duck the second hit of f4, that would be absolutely terrible if that was made possible in a patch the move should be a low mid to since its nothing more then a non comboable /non cancellable low check

I will say that im feeling better about up klone tho because it is actually godlike as an on reaction anti air when you buffer it and slide klone is really strong at mid range combined with that. Running klone i am basically reserving as a combo ender for the most part

Ghost ball i am getting out against certain characters without teleports but most people online dont know ghostball is high so treat it as a true mid unblockable and it makes for ez wins but thats obviously not sustainable lol. Fun for now tho

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The issues thus far are the bad footsies as well as the underwhelming zoning game. While the spirit ball is a great projectile, the shadow tackle has major flaws, as @Wetdoba already outlined above.

I think I speak for all Noob players when I say that we did not wait 8 years to play another mediocre version of Noob. LOL.
Agreed with all of this. Variation 1 is underwhelming due to Shadow slide not traveling past midscreen and the lack of corner carry.

Variation 2 seems to be the one to go to.
I get the game tonight at 9 to finally test Noob myself instead of relying on others. If I find he is indeed ass, I’ll get him the buffs he deserves like I did Shinnok.

#makenetherrealmgreatagain2019
Are you making another guide for him? Your last one was insightful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.