What's new

Noob Saibot Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
The trailer for Noob Saibot has just been revealed. I know a lot of users on Test Your Might are eager to talk about it, so I’m creating this thread as a place for users, fans, or pretty much anyone to discuss about the character. This will be an open thread for anything Noob until the game is released.

Without further ado, what are everyone’s thoughts on the trailer?!

Credit to @iAmOME for linking me the video.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here are some of my thoughts on Noob Saibot in MK11 from viewing his reveal trailer:

I love what NRS did with Noob. First off, the first move he did at the start of the trailer is reminiscent to F3,4 from MK9, but now it starts off as a low hitting poke and seems to come out fairly quickly. We may end up being able to combo off of it with a shadow run and/or slide, but most definitely and EX teleslam which can now be combo'd off of. :)

He has an overhead slam move that is part of a normal combo string. It knocks them down to the ground which give us an opportunity to do some possible oki setup shenanigans. It would be killer if on block the overhead slam can be special cancel-able into an upknee. If upknee is plus on block again like it was in MK9 then that would be a great way to set up for mind games.

Ghostball is back! I'm sure it will function in a similar fashion as in previous game, but more focused around the heavy focus of neutral and footsies in this game. Right after ghostball, Noob lands a throw on Sub-Zero. Could Ghostball cause the opponent to not be able to tech throws? Interesting thing to think about...

Along with shadow run, shadow slide and shadow upknee, Noob Saibot has been given a shadow dive kick. I think this could be useful when it comes to performing an empty jump on your opponent.

It seems shadow run may have overhead properties like it did in MK9? Maybe I'm hyping myself up.

When Noob Saibot was going up against Sub-Zero towards the latter part of the trailer he was able to connect a normal string after a successfully landed shadow slide within sweep distance. Not sure if that is variant based or core based, but that was bad ass.

The thing that impressed me the most is that Noob can throw his sickle and be able to teleport to that spot. I remember REO had a similar idea back in MK9 when it came down to the games second balance update. It's good to see that idea being implemented in the game.

Noob Saibot looks great! He can perform corner carry combos by spending meter, has mixup potential, oki potential, great zoning tools (based on appearance of course), and the addition good normals. NRS did an outstanding job and I can't wait to get my hands on him when the game launches.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Edit: 4/6/2019)
Kombat Kast episode #7 - Kollector, Noob Saibot and Erron Black

16-Bit showcased Noob using these three moves prior to showing his load outs for Noob, so it's safe to assume that these are some of his core special moves. Keep in mind 16-bit's load outs may not be Noob's final variations at launch. I'm posting them here for discussion purposes.

• Running Shadow - Was confirmed to not be an overhead. Comes out a little slower than it did in MK9, but it does occupy a lot of space, so the change is good.

• Shadow Slide - This moves appears to be just as fast as it was in MK9.

• Teleport Slam - Same as in MK9, but now it can be amplified to cause a pop up; however, it looks like the move recovers before you can do anything, so it's undetermined if we can combo off of it. Also, the animation of the amplified Teleport Slam has changed since his reveal trailer.

• Shadow Upknee - Same as in MK9, but the angle it shoots out towards seems to be more acute, which in my opinion is better. There was a situation in MK9 where his Shadow Upknee animation looked as though it would be able to hit the opponent at a specific point in the air; however, the hitbox placement was different, so the move looked deceiving.

Dead of Night
This variation focuses on his zoning tools from MK9 and adds some new ones into the mix. Here is what they showed off:
  • Shadow Divekick - This looks like Sub-Zero's divekick from Injustice 2. Nice little projectile we can use as an empty jump tool.
  • Ghostball - It's the same move from MK9, but the properties of the move have changed. This time around instead of it reversing the opponents input direction it drains both their offensive and defensive meter. That is huge! If we can find ways to end combos with it it will gives us the upper hand in the match! The other thing is that it's unblockable. Yes. You read that correctly. Unblockable! It's a slow move and you can't zone with it, but if we can condition our opponent while we stay within the range of midscreen to sweep range and make them afraid to jump then we could potentially throw this out. Recovery seems slow, too, so I'll probably just stick to ending with it in combos.

2) Bi-Han's Wrath - This variation seems to be more of an aggressive style of play. Looks interesting. Here is what they showed off:
  • Sickle Snag - It's an anti-air grab that when amplified becomes a combo extender. It's a nice substitute for his teleport. Can be comboed into.

• Sickle Overhead - The clone can be sent to different points on the screen. When used the clone leaves the screen once it moves past the health bars, then comes down onto the opponent. When amplified can pop the opponent up. This move does not track.

• Sickle Teleport - Noob throws his sickle from the air behind his opponent. Noob will teleport to the sickles location. When the move is amplified Noob will pop the opponent up.

Credit goes to @LawAbidingCitizen for the gifs of Noob's special moves.

Last edited:

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Htf am I supposed to pick a main when NRS keeps adding my favorite characters in one game, and making them all look so sick on top of that?

Anyway yeah, I loved what I saw. He looks great, his voice is sick (sounds like the dubbed version of Naruto's 9 tailed fox lol) and his gameplay looks awesome too. Love that he is getting the scythe/sickle like they were gonna give him back in MK4!

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Noob Saibot looks absolutely insane and will be my main for sure. (Unless Smoke makes it in at some point. Then Noob Saibot will become my co-main.)

Judging by some of his gameplay, can anyone say what archetype Noob Saibot might be? MK9 was a zoner with weak combo potential / damage, right? I have a hard time telling what MK11 Noob Saibot might be. He seems to have a bunch of tools. Balanced maybe?

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Oh man, I was so hyped for him but I don't like it at all. So sad :(

Hope you guys enjoy him.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Noob Saibot looks absolutely insane and will be my main for sure. (Unless Smoke makes it in at some point. Then Noob Saibot will become my co-main.)

Judging by some of his gameplay, can anyone say what archetype Noob Saibot might be? MK9 was a zoner with weak combo potential / damage, right? I have a hard time telling what MK11 Noob Saibot might be. He seems to have a bunch of tools. Balanced maybe?
he looks an "all-in-one" type, with mix stuff for zoning, anti-zoning, corner pressure, rushdown, all the same time !

Fuck yeah he looks so cool! I really don't like his voice though. Sounds like that weird throaty burping voice people do when they're trying to imitate a monster. Like when you were a kid pretending to be a demon or something, ya know? Shoulda just gotten someone with a badass voice to do it from the start. They can probably fix it like they did with Baraka though.

Ceroder

Noob
he looks an "all-in-one" type, with mix stuff for zoning, anti-zoning, corner pressure, rushdown, all the same time !
Probably we can change it with custom variations.

Dude, he looks even more sick than I have imagined after leaks. I did not expect him to look this good and badass. I dont know who to main now. I have 3-4 guesses but man, I just want to play the game already and find out which one is the best

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Someone In The Crowd: "You'll never be able to outdo the MK9 Make A Wish Fatality."

Shadow: "Hold my beer."

I could not be happier.
All I wanted out of this roster is one solid 3D MK throwback character to throw all my effort and crazy into. Unless you're Ashrah, you don't get more 3D to me than Noob/Smoke.

Day 1 And Beyond Main.

#MotherWillBeSoProud

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Now I think Noob Saibot looks great, his fatality is AMAZING, and I'm excited to try him out and I'm thankful that NRS brought him back.

BUT...

That voice is Firestorm levels of cringe. Please add a modulator or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.