What's new

Noble Dragon Wins Injustice 2 @ EVO 2017!

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I haven't been keeping up but from what I have been keeping up with, this is what I got:
1. Flash (HoneyBee)
2. Scarecrow (Whiteboi)

So out of that (because I haven't been watching it lately honestly so forgive me if I'm missing some things,) that leaves us with 2 characters that are either deemed mid tier or bottom tier that has won a major of some sorts. So out of the many possibilities and outcomes, 2 is the magic number? That's not a good sign nor is it indicative of a rising trend. The fact that the majority of the majors have seen at least more than 5 players pick Aquaman, Batman, Superman, Black Adam, and now Catwoman, doesn't demonstrate character variety in any way.

Again, I could be wrong because I haven't been catching up with it (admittedly) but still that's looking glim.
There isn't a lot of Batman. There is only 1 Batman in every top 8 and only 1 or 2 Batman in every top 48. Why does everyone spread these lies

Karlmeister

Lin Kuei Champion
Congrats, yung Dragon.

It was nice too see you win the tournament after so many falls against SF, but your consistency and hard work make it possible.

Kudos to Honeybee too. He was out of his mind in all tournament except when fought against Dragon. He made some abnormally mistakes (mistakes, drops and misexecutions he normally don't make) but Dragon's Aqua was simply too much.

PD: one of my biggest surprise was seeing Semiij lost against Theo after defeating SF...

Enviado desde mi ASUS_Z00A mediante Tapatalk

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Lol who the fuck is this guy?

Look, Cashy, I'm going to spell this out for you nice and slow so that you understand it: condescending means talking down to others and I would never do such a thing.

Plus your girlfriend sounds fake lul.
Thanks for the definition bud!

Hmm.....calling everyone dummies and laying out the "facts" for us, and topping it off with calling everyone girlfriendless nerds with worthless opinions no one cares about is the absolute embodiment of condescension.

And lol at the "who the fuck is this guy". Funny I've never seen you do anything other than talk shit on TYM, so you're not exactly a staple of the community or e-famous yourself dude. I'm just another guy with an opinion and a login like you.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
There isn't a lot of Batman. There is only 1 Batman in every top 8 and only 1 or 2 Batman in every top 48. Why does everyone spread these lies
Honestly it's probably because online is 35-40% Batman players and every major has Batmen all over the pools. Not very many Batman players make top 8, but that doesn't mean the dude isn't everywhere--it definitely screws up ppl's perception.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
This. Like people are seriously trying to convince us that we are obligated to straight out respect his choices because he won some money. Who the hell cares if he won money when at the end of the day his character selection represents a visual representation of what is literally wrong with the game itself.

I don't care how long he has been training for, since he has a long and extensive track record of picking the top tier characters (and still managing to lose with them since no one wants to bring that up either). I'm happy he won but lets not get it twisted that his win is anymore respectable than Honeybee showing out with Flash (though his decision to go with Aquaman against Dragon's Aquaman is admittedly great mind games Dragon played on him))
LOL

Dragon has been almost assuredly the most consistent and winningest NRS player besides sonic fox for at least a year, what are you talking about?

There's other guys in the conversation, but Dragon has a great argument for being top 2 (very least top 5) NRS player in the world for like 18 months. There are many top players who play and played top tier characters through MKX and now Injustice 2 with not near the same level of success Dragon has had. So are they scrubs? Did they underachieve? Or is it possible that maybe just maybe, player skill and dedication to improving and grinding sets him apart?

You're not even making sense. No one is at all taking away from Honeybee! Everyone knows what honeybee did was fucking incredible. But let's not pretend he was somehow being noble. He used the character he thought gave him the best chance to win, the character he has played since 2013. When he picked Aquaman, he picked who he thought gave him the best opportunity to win.

Whatever, you have basically turned this thread negative for nonsensical reasons that amount to little other than "I wasn't entertained or personally thrilled with who Dragon chooses to play, therefore I'm discrediting him as a player".

Shaka

Tier Whore.
I shared a bed with dragon after he won evo. 10/10 wood share with him again. Dragon is the best.

Tfw people saying he needs aquaman when they would get mopped by him with any character.

Also LOL at people arguing with @Skylight1 .....dude is str8 cancer lol
I know it's better to just ignore him.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
People complained at first about Deadshot, that he was braindead, and that full screen pew pew zoning was going to kill the game. Then players learned the matchup, and deadshot has grown increasingly absent from the top results.

People complained about Atrocitus, that his trait made him a braindead character, and that top 8 was going to be filled with Atro spamming cat trait to victory. Then players learned the matchup, found ways to deal with cat, and we ended up seeing barely any Atro in top 8 Evo.

Next it was Black Adam/Aquaman. We were going to see 90% Black Adam in Evo top 8, and it was going to kill the hype. Instead Black Adam was used as a pocket character, and ended up being an unsuccessful one at that. We saw only 1 dedicated aquaman in top 8, and even he didn't choose Aquaman exclusively. I just think it's strange that when a strong character gets good results the first response from some is "must be braindead, NRS please nerf". There way very well be a balance patch at some point, but I'm not convinced that the top characters need to be nerfed at this point.

It just seems like with the way things are going, is really too much to believe that as time goes on players will start to find counters to Aquaman, either through counter picking characters, or finding better ways to deal with Trident Rush and FTD, or better strategies, or something?
QFTT.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Dragon is probably the most nicest person in the entire FGC.
I don't agree with the Dragon hate or discounting his win; however, it's a bit dubious to say someone that's extremely opinionated, has a history of downplaying, has been caught cheating, and opts to discuss the game in a twitter group rather than engage with the community here is the nicest person in the entire FGC. That's a big blanket statement that reaches even farther than the NRS community. You're not helping your point by using hyperbole. He doesn't do himself any favors in the popularity contest that is TYM.

Fighting games will always be the same. People will always use top tier, use the most abusable strategies, top tier will always win the most, and if new top tiers emerge you will end up hating them as well when they start winning too much and everyone picks them up. It will NEVER change. Stop watching now if you don't like it

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Thanks for the definition bud!

Hmm.....calling everyone dummies and laying out the "facts" for us, and topping it off with calling everyone girlfriendless nerds with worthless opinions no one cares about is the absolute embodiment of condescension.

And lol at the "who the fuck is this guy". Funny I've never seen you do anything other than talk shit on TYM, so you're not exactly a staple of the community or e-famous yourself dude. I'm just another guy with an opinion and a login like you.

Yo are you seriously still taking any of this that seriously and getting this fucking triggered? Lol holy shit, get a grip, dude. The inability to recognize when posts are clearly made in jest is a super bad look for anyone. Almost as bad as bragging about how your pretend girlfriend is a glorified housekeeping service lul.

I can't believe that whole condescension thing went THAT far over your head too. You're lucky there's people in here posting such awful shit it makes you look better by default, like arguing that Honeybee would be able to beat Dragon in the Aquaman mirror if Aquaman was good lolol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don't agree with the Dragon hate or discounting his win; however, it's a bit dubious to say someone that's extremely opinionated, has a history of downplaying, has been caught cheating, and opts to discuss the game in a twitter group rather than engage with the community here is the nicest person in the entire FGC. That's a big blanket statement that reaches even farther than the NRS community. You're not helping your point by using hyperbole. He doesn't do himself any favors in the popularity contest that is TYM.
I don't give a shit about a popularity contest. I was just pointing out his character in response to people calling him a scumbag. I did beyond stupid shit when I was 16-20 in the FGC so I don't hold it against him. He acknowledged he was wrong and learned from his mistakes. If you're wondering why he doesn't interact with TYM, just read this thread. It's extremely toxic for no reason. Literally the kid just won the biggest tournament for Injustice 2 and people are calling him a scumbag for his character choice. TYM has become the YouTube comment section.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
This. Like people are seriously trying to convince us that we are obligated to straight out respect his choices because he won some money. Who the hell cares if he won money when at the end of the day his character selection represents a visual representation of what is literally wrong with the game itself.

I don't care how long he has been training for, since he has a long and extensive track record of picking the top tier characters (and still managing to lose with them since no one wants to bring that up either). I'm happy he won but lets not get it twisted that his win is anymore respectable than Honeybee showing out with Flash (though his decision to go with Aquaman against Dragon's Aquaman is admittedly great mind games Dragon played on him))
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?

We shouldn't respect Dragon's character choices? What he did isn't respectable in the same level of HB's performance? Are you for real right now?

Picking a more viable character that might be boring to watch isn't a crime or anything, and his character choices aren't showing anything wrong, let alone anything wrong in the game. The game is still more balanced for a launched title then almost every fighter in recent years. So he picked a character is very hard to beat except for some MU's, so what? That's what we shouldn't care about. He did all of the hard work to get the win and the money (and yes it matters A LOT) and he didn't do it just with Aquaman but also with Poison Ivy throughout the tourney. Also HB picked Aquaman as well, but you admitted yourself that it was a great mind game from Dragon, yet you said that Dragon picking Aqua from the get go is disrespectful, so by that logic we should trait HB the same way, but you're not going to that just because he used Flash and got the hypesest moments of the tourney. Talk about being hypocritical.

Don't hate the player, hate the shitty game. Congrats Dragon.
Don't hate the player or the this awesome game, hate the complainers and haters.

I don't give a shit about a popularity contest. I was just pointing out his character in response to people calling him a scumbag. I did beyond stupid shit when I was 16-20 in the FGC so I don't hold it against him. He acknowledged he was wrong and learned from his mistakes. If you're wondering why he doesn't interact with TYM, just read this thread. It's extremely toxic for no reason. Literally the kid just won the biggest tournament for Injustice 2 and people are calling him a scumbag for his character choice. TYM has become the YouTube comment section.
This. Everyone makes mistakes, but the haters and complainers don't learn from their own.

Last edited:

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
Okay well that's cool if you don't hold that against him but a lot of people do and don't really take that to be the staple of the supposed "nicest guy in the entire FGC." I'm not wondering why he doesn't interact. In his shoes, I wouldn't either. But then again I wouldn't agree with people calling me the nicest guy in the FGC if I choose not to interact with the biggest hub for my given scene. Also, calling the website you mod for "extremely toxic" and the "YouTube comment section" isn't helping fix the issues that you insist this community has.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Literally everything on this post is wrong except the Twitter part, but LOL at thinking that TYM has anything to do with the community. TYM is for people like Skylight over here.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Okay well that's cool if you don't hold that against him but a lot of people do and don't really take that to be the staple of the supposed "nicest guy in the entire FGC." I'm not wondering why he doesn't interact. In his shoes, I wouldn't either. But then again I wouldn't agree with people calling me the nicest guy in the FGC if I choose not to interact with the biggest hub for my given scene. Also, calling the website you mod for "extremely toxic" and the "YouTube comment section" isn't helping fix the issues that you insist this community has.
if you really think TYM isn't toxic then you have a pretty high tolerance. This site and community can be really fucking stupid at times.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I said he's probably the nicest person in the FGC. Not sure why you're riding this point. Did he hurt you in some way?

Anyway, this site is very toxic at times (even though I said this THREAD was toxic for no reason). It didn't used to be this bad. Sorry not going to ignore the toxicity and hope it goes away. Calling people out on their unnecessarily asinine posts is better than wishing the problem away.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
if you really think TYM isn't toxic then you have a pretty high tolerance. This site and community can be really fucking stupid at times.
I never said it wasn't toxic. I said mods calling it toxic and a waste are a bad look for the site.

Last edited:

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Apologies if this has already been addressed - I didn't read all 15 pages of the thread. Knowing what we know now, do we still view NRS's decision to hold the balance patch until after Evo as a good thing?