What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
players who did well in mk9 who arent instantly repeating their success are "just not as into it" as mk9.
Pretty sure REO can win any tournament with his MMH. Sometimes its not about the money, id cut myself too if I was a Halo player and was forced to make money off of Call of Duty.

With that being said NRS did a very good job with the patch, but now we all have to clamor for heavily increased walkspeeds. Atleast give us a playlist online and let us playtest it out for you guys, then as a community we can help you decide if the entire game warrants the speed buff.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Play the game that you love and try your best to do right by its scene. This boohoo, the game I love is dead and the current game sucks is some weak ass shit.
Preach brotha, preach. It should be our goal to retain as much of the IGAU scene as possible to head in strong for MK10. By the same token it should've been our goal to retain as much of the MK9 scene as possible, rather than alienating those sort who had qualms with it's heir. Not too hard to support two games, even if you prefer one over the other. :oops:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Some of you fools played Mortal Kombat 9 for two years, and the game had input bugs, meter drain glitches, inconsistent frame data, and broken block mechanics, yet you draw the line at slow walk speeds.

Right.

Stop being hypocrites.

If you dislike the game, say so and move on.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Some of you fools played Mortal Kombat 9 for two years, and the game had input bugs, meter drain glitches, inconsistent frame data, and broken block mechanics, yet you draw the line at slow walk speeds.

Right.

Stop being hypocrites.

THANK YOU!

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
this is false, you only need to pay $2.50 to get on a train to get there, people are getting lazy that live in NYC area. as for me and the people that live in long island its a pretty far drive out to get to brooklyn and good luck finding parking lmao
Wait, you live on Long Island? Where at, I'm in Ronkonoma.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Nlbc is not really practical for me because it's mid work week and I'm in the center of Long Island. Sucks that vsm is dead because it was a lot easier to get to. If nlbc was on the weekend I could go.

Right.

Stop being hypocrites.

First not useless post by m2dave in a while. Anyway, i find it ironic everyone in nyc quit as soon as the patch comes. I may be a scrub nobody but even i can see nobody wants the constant fucking patches but not fixing what people actually want. The same thing will happen to injustice that happened to mk9. I give it 1 or 2 more patches if that, then the game will be left as is until mk10. That and people can always hide behind "its not mk9". No its not mk9, i would have been disappointed if it was mk9 with dc characters and interactables.

RapZiLLa54

I live on Long Island and its pretty much the location that keeps me from going. I have no interest in trying to find parking and I've also heard the spot is relatively small, comparable to the Gamers Edge. VSM abandoned the Gamers Edge because of its size, kind of hole in the wall so it doesn't surprise me that most ex-VSM guys don't want to go to more of the same.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Injustice is still going strong in Chicago, LA, ATL, TX and Jersey. Everyone still seems to have fun with the game. I don't know why the NY scene is dying but I doubt it's just the game. There must be other factors involved.

To be honest, NLBC hasn't even been fun to watch in recent months. Spooky always sounds tired or depressed or something... Lee Chung is annoying and lowers my IQ by 5 points every time he steps on the mic. Art is the only positive presence from the stream perspective. It's not very inviting, IMO. If you want people to come to your venue and enter, you have to make it sound like a friendly and fun experience. When I watch all these other streams, I actually wish I was there. I really can't say that about NLBC.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
NRS needs to learn that quantity isn't equal to quality, and in this case they treated both Comic and FGC communities as morons (also known as Boonesque Game Development). To give a small example:

"-Exciting extra content in the form of mashtastic minigames (Good Ol' NRSware) for the DC fans!
-A refreshing, laggy training mode with fantastic incorrect frame data for the FGC purists!
All this and a lot more for that capital F(**k) in Frustration"

I fucking hope mk10 will be injustice with mk characters so i can laugh at all the injustice haters. Its true, this community sucks and hate on there own games...disgusted

Our own game...lol...since when did TYM evolve into a cult? Is there some sort of hierarchy on who decides what, when & who to like? :cool:

RapZiLLa54

NRS needs to learn that quantity isn't equal to quality, and in this case they treated both Comic and FGC communities as morons (also known as Boonesque Game Development). To give a small example:

"-Exciting extra content in the form of mashtastic minigames (Good Ol' NRSware) for the DC fans!
-A refreshing, laggy training mode with fantastic incorrect frame data for the FGC purists!
All this and a lot more for that capital F(**k) in Frustration"

Our own game...lol...since when did TYM evolve into a cult? Is there some sort of hierarchy on who decides what, when & who to like? :cool:
I use training mode all the time and never have experienced it to be "laggy". In fact I'd say their training mode might be one of the best any fighting game has to offer.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I live on Long Island and its pretty much the location that keeps me from going. I have no interest in trying to find parking and I've also heard the spot is relatively small, comparable to the Gamers Edge. VSM abandoned the Gamers Edge because of its size, kind of hole in the wall so it doesn't surprise me that most ex-VSM guys don't want to go to more of the same.
real rap as a venue The Break is 10 billion times better than Next Level and Gamer's Edge

Nathan Frost

Cybernetic Pyro Maniac
Maybe people had shit to do this Wednesday? I mean if even marvel (you know, that dead game no one plays) didn't get enough entrants, can you really say it's because of the game?

Some of you seem to look for any excuse to get the point across that you personally don't like the game, which is fine, but just speak your peace and be done with it. There is a point where passion can simply just become annoyance.

Art thanks for always supporting the game though man. I wish there were more people like you in the fgc. And I know your just trying to hype up the game with this thread at next level.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Satan1

Ice Pirate
I use training mode all the time and never have experienced it to be "laggy". In fact I'd say their training mode might be one the best any fighting game has to offer.

I had offline lag/loading spikes after the patch (XBL, haven't updated the PS3 version yet), but I don't really care as I don't play the game that often - I didn't want to bitch and moan, it was just an example, one of the many reasons people quit playing NRS games so soon.

I don't understand you clowns, especially you big namers. We, the people, are what holds sway over what we play. So if no one wants to play injustice, why aren't we going back to MK? Because Injustice is newer? And don't give me that shit about mk needing another patch. It's a game, it's fun, period. I'm all for playing whichever game is getting played.

RapZiLLa54

If you want to talk about Mk9s training mode sucking horrible I'm with you but Injustice's is godlike and shouldn't be an example of why people aren't playing this game.

Scene is really strong with NJ and PA and the game IMO is even better with this new patch. NY is doing solid, its just Next Level loses a lot of people because most of all the NJ, LI guys drive and parking in brooklyn is a nightmare.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So to interrupt the speculation with some truth -- Injustice has:

-Over 100 players at typical big majors
-Strong local scenes in NJ at the Break, Chicago at GGA, Atlanta with AK, SoCal with WNF. And other smaller scenes that meet every week.

In this case, it just happens that almost most of the NY-area players, save Rico Chris and Grr, don't go to the weekly locals. If they went, you'd have:
CD Jr.
Reo
Maxter
Crazy Dominican
KT Smiff?
7L
Rico
rev0lver
Fab
Jailhouse
etc.

playing each other each week, and that seems more than solid enough to sustain a local. But as it is, they are playing mostly at home, and then at regional stuff every few weeks.

Even the week that I added a pot bonus, not many more players showed up than usual.

So it doesn't have much to do with IGAU fading out; it's more about the specific situation with players in NY and their personal circumstances.

RapZiLLa54

-Strong local scenes in NJ at the Break, Chicago at GGA, Atlanta with AK, SoCal with WNF. And other smaller scenes that meet every week.

In this case, it just happens that almost most of the NY-area players, save Rico Chris and Grr, don't go to the weekly locals. If they went, you'd have:
CD Jr.
Reo
Maxter
Crazy Dominican
KT Smiff?
7L
Rico
rev0lver
Fab
Jailhouse
etc.

playing each other each week, and that seems more than solid enough to sustain a local. But as it is, they are playing mostly at home, and then at regional stuff every few weeks.

Even the week that I added a pot bonus, not many more players showed up than usual.

So it doesn't have much to do with IGAU fading out; it's more about the specific situation with players in NY and their personal circumstances.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
Someone needs to change the thread's title. It's misleading for the community.

Only SF4 had a showing last night.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder

CD Jr.
Reo
Maxter
Crazy Dominican
KT Smiff?
7L
Rico
rev0lver
Fab
Jailhouse
etc.

Im actually from Jersey; I only work in the city which is why I've been showing up at the break when I'm feeling frisky on a weeknight

7L I think is from PA by swift tom hanks

Also, maybe Sabin can comment on this but when I went to Next Level a few times for Street Fighter in summer of 2012 it felt SUPER clique-y and centered on the OGs. No one gave me the time of day except autodemon andy

combine that with a hole-in-the-wall venue that's a bitch and a half to get to make it unlikely I'll be back any time soon