What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Sabin

Elder God
Noone showed up, it was only Rico, myself and Chris there. First time no Injustice at NLBC, shocking since the patch came out and I'm hyped for it

Any chance we can get a tournament going at NLBC next week?? Or at Savage Saturday this weekend? I mean god damn that sucks
:(:joker:

It was so bad that I had to put on Injustice myself after the AE tourney and play Rico Suave in a set for a while just to show off the patch.

Update to OP: Just to not be misleading, Marvel did not have a tournament as well - so it's not just a Injustice problem.

Savage Saturday is also having Injustice at Next Level (this Saturday) - Registration starts @ 6PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/517514531673976/
Apparently this is the last Savage Sat that will be held.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I'm going to try and be there. I've been busy with school stuff and haven't been able to go, but I'll start going as long as people are there.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
AK Pig Of The Hut looks like Art beat you to it but you can still add your thoughts.

NLBC seriously needs a revamp for injustice. Im gonna try and tag as many people as i can think of in the area and this should start some discussion on how to bring it back to former levels of interest/entry.

KDZ
DarthArma
Zyphox
NY_Jailhouse
Grr
CD jr
JRosa21

R.E.O. is there any way you can try to rally some NY guys or old VSM guys to come out and support?

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
i am usually working on wednesday and NLBC is 2 hours away, but if am off one of these wednesdays i'll definitely try to make it out. the break is only an hour away from me so if i get next tuesday off am definitely in there from now on #newercar

its cause the game has many flaws that you see mentioned by top guys all the time. problems you see get muttered constant are sluggish walk speed, weak anti airs, too jumpy, and so on. none have been addressed by the recent patch but why nrs? makes no sense to not listen to the large portion of players

superman and black adam still seem to be up there so things are still bland and looks as nothing major changed. game needs a full revamp on things to get it going. my 2 cents from outside pov

Zyphox

Shocks tourneys do extremely well, maybe it's just the NLBC location?
this is false, you only need to pay $2.50 to get on a train to get there, people are getting lazy that live in NYC area. as for me and the people that live in long island its a pretty far drive out to get to brooklyn and good luck finding parking lmao

Wasted

Noob
its cause the game has many flaws that you see mentioned by top guys all the time. problems you see get muttered constant are sluggish walk speed, weak anti airs, too jumpy, and so on. none have been addressed by the recent patch but why nrs? makes no sense to not listen to the large portion of players

superman and black adam still seem to be up there so things are still bland and looks as nothing major changed. game needs a full revamp on things to get it going. my 2 cents from outside pov

It is literally one day after the fucking patch.

REO

Undead
I play the game usually online when I have the chance. I have a ton of other things I would rather do than travel for Injustice. Not trying to take shots at the game or trash it, just being honest. I don't have the passion for this sort of thing like I once used to. MK10 will hopefully bring it back.

Sabin

Elder God
TSF Ramon showed up ready all hype about the Harley changes and went home disappointed
sucks too since people generally show up to my stream for Injustice and I'm always hyped to showcase the game
I think it's a travesty that it's the first time that happened especially since the patch just came out.

Now the game is really getting interesting IMO.
Might have to start streaming it on my own again and make more content?? but that's aside from the original point which is making sure Injustice at NLBC doesn't die? Spooky's streams are going to be watched regardless and myself, but I obviously wanna showcase Injustice.

CD jr

Noob
thats the attitude that kills a game right there man, if i lived in NYC i would be there every wednesday. amma try to be at the break next tuesday, you and some people should go like that one time it had like 2000 viewers.
What attitude? I'm just asking when's mk10? Me and Sabin spoke about what needed to be fixed in this patch so the game can stay alive and things that needed to be fixed stayed the same. I told art I was still gonna play but I'm 100% this was gonna happened and it did. Do I want the game to stay alive? Well currently idc if it does or not but if NRS fix what really needs to be fixed then yeah but we all know that's not gonna happened. So again when's mk10?

Flux

Fair is overrated
For the record its not just Injustice. This is the second week Marvel has failed to run a tournament as well (myself, Chris, a couple others showing). NYC in particular seems to be lacking in drive/motivation it seems to knock the established people off the top of the totem pole. The location is inconvenient for sure, but its what we as a community have. As it stands, if things stay the same, there's probably not going to be a Next Level to go to in 4-6 months.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I play the game usually online when I have the chance. I have a ton of other things I would rather do than travel for Injustice. The game gets boring after a little, just being honest. I don't have the passion for this sort of thing like I once used to. MK10 will hopefully bring it back.

I've only just gotten my shit back together well enough to travel, but I feel exactly the same. It just doesn't feel worth it to me to go to the same delusional lengths I went to with MK.
I like Injustice, it's the only other fighter out there I've really taken seriously, but it's not the same.
It feels like this game exists solely to give the MK players something to keep them occupied, and gives everyone else something to do tournament-wise because it's got such an easy-access metabuild that pretty much anyone familiar with fighters can get a good-to-great grasp on it.

From the perspective of an MK player...It's like meeting a hot chick at a bar and shtupping her for a few months on and off just to hold yourself over because the extra-hot girl you used to go out with that you really want is out of state living with some asshole who just drinks and watches ESPN.
Sure, she's hot, she's frisky, she gets the job done, but really, all you're thinking about when you're with her is getting on a bus and going to that guy's house to smash him with a whiskey bottle and throw him into the Dead Pool, and get your extra-hot girl back and dress her in a Jade suit and jump in the back of an SUV without any pants, before you take her to Denny's to show her off and get a Grand Slam.

Zyphox

What attitude? I'm just asking when's mk10? Me and Sabin spoke about what needed to be fixed in this patch so the game can stay alive and things that needed to be fixed stayed the same. I told art I was still gonna play but I'm 100% this was gonna happened and it did. Do I want the game to stay alive? Well currently idc if it does or not but if NRS fix what really needs to be fixed then yeah but we all know that's not gonna happened. So again when's mk10?
i wasn't talking about your attitude, but in general just negativity like that is why you didn't go to NLBC nor did half the people who normally show up to NLBC go either. would people have showed up if the walk speed and all the things you said where fixed? or did they not go because they just gave up on inj entirely? or where they just too busy tonight? we don't know the answer to these questions but if we wanna support this community and this game we need to start going out to NLBC regardless. what other fix besides walk speed should NRS fix to make the game better?