What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
For the record its not just Injustice. This is the second week Marvel has failed to run a tournament as well (myself, Chris, a couple others showing). NYC in particular seems to be lacking in drive/motivation it seems to knock the established people off the top of the totem pole. The location is inconvenient for sure, but its what we as a community have. As it stands, if things stay the same, there's probably not going to be a Next Level to go to in 4-6 months.
Wow, I didn't know Marvel was having problems with this, too. That's REALLY surprising.

:/

CD jr

Noob
i wasn't talking about your attitude, but in general just negativity like that is why you didn't go to NLBC nor did half the people who normally show up to NLBC go either. would people have showed up if the walk speed and all the things you said where fixed? or did they not go because they just gave up on inj entirely? or where they just too busy tonight? we don't know the answer to these questions but if we wanna support this community and this game we need to start going out to NLBC regardless. what other fix besides walk speed should NRS fix to make the game better?
I won't bother listing them because 1. There are TOO many and 2. NRS won't change them. When's mk10?

Sabin

Elder God
Yeah AE was the only tourney that happened tonight, title can be slightly misleading since it wasn't only Injustice, entrants at NLBC were low for this week.

I still wonder if people would be saying this if Injustice had the esports $$ like MK9 did and everyone was all spoiled. We were all spoiled (including myself!) People sucked up their issues with MK9 and dealt with it, lol. I know people here hold MK series to their heart but the MLG events gave the game a extra year of life

Damn CDjr is all like burn it down??:joker:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
For the record its not just Injustice. This is the second week Marvel has failed to run a tournament as well (myself, Chris, a couple others showing). NYC in particular seems to be lacking in drive/motivation it seems to knock the established people off the top of the totem pole. The location is inconvenient for sure, but its what we as a community have. As it stands, if things stay the same, there's probably not going to be a Next Level to go to in 4-6 months.
Yea honestly this seems more of a NY/NLBC problem

I heard marvel numbers were really low too

CD jr

Noob
Yeah AE was the only tourney that happened tonight, title can be slightly misleading since it wasn't only Injustice, entrants at NLBC were low for this week.

I still wonder if people would be saying this if Injustice had the esports $$ like MK9 did and everyone was all spoiled. People sucked up their issues with MK9 and dealt with it, lol.
Or maybe just maybe mk9 was actually better than injustice? Aside from the input bug and the meter drained mk9 is wayyyy better than injustice.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

I still wonder if people would be saying this if Injustice had the esports $$ like MK9 did and everyone was all spoiled. We were all spoiled (including myself!) People sucked up their issues with MK9 and dealt with it, lol. I know people here hold MK series to their heart but the MLG events gave the game a extra year of life

Damn CDjr is all like burn it down??:joker:
Lol and pig is all like "Yo build it up, keep it going"

#TwlightZone

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Wouldn't be surprised to be honest. I will actually be surprised mk10 is totally different but I'm sure they gonna add something that's already in injustice idk what. Hopefully is not that no one can move.
i think that if they made the walking animation start up faster and have consistent momentum that it would benefit injustice. like in MK9 or SSFIV no character started walking slow then sped up later on in the animation like some characters in injustice like Zod for example, also shorter dashes with a little less recovery on them not too much but if you can't cancel your dash then have it recovery like 3 -4 frames faster than what it is now.

i think that if they made the walking animation start up faster and have consistent momentum that it would benefit injustice. like in MK9 or SSFIV no character started walking slow then sped up later on in the animation like some characters in injustice like Zod for example, also shorter dashes with a little less recovery on them not too much but if you can't cancel your dash then have it recovery like 3 -4 frames faster than what it is now.
Reptile's back walk start up was slow but besides that it was the fastest back walk speed in the game

A walk speed buff for Injustice is the only thing imo that needs fixed right now.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Reptile's back walk start up was slow but besides that it was the fastest back walk speed in the game

A walk speed buff for Injustice is the only thing imo that needs fixed right now.
well yeah but thats was maybe a balancing thing imagine if he could walk back that fast?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Why do you guys keep playing if you hate the game so much? Just quit... and play Starcraft or something.
Its the cool thing to do these days? Hate the game and say it sucks but keep playing it. I mean no disrespect to anyone in NY or anywhere, but it kinda sucks seeing this for sure. NY always seems to have such a great scene for all games. Maybe it was just an off week.

I still think this game is better then MK9, if MK9 was that good, we would all still be playing it at tournaments, not have it be 100% dead just barely after 2 years of release. Patch or not, it's sad that it died so fast, Christ Marvel has infinites and shit and no one bitches about that, they just play the game they love.

anyway, kinda off topic, hopefully NY bounces back and supports,

CD jr just a question, no meaning or ill intent behind it, but if you don't like the game so much, why do interviews about the Patch and stuff? Why tweet about it so much if you know NRS won't change the things you want changed? Why pick up a new main?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Who in this thread said that they hated Injustice?

Jeez, can't say anything real around here without the white knights coming out and telling people to quit.
Right here.

Are you really pig? You hate the game too stop fronting.
Not trying to put anyone on the spot for it...you don't like it, you don't. It's whatever.

REO

Undead
Pig and Jr's expression for hating the game is warranted. Being tagged in this kind of thread would have inevitably lead to their opinion on the game no matter how you slice it. But what's with someone have to quit something if they hate it? I hated playing Kabal after the first year of MK9, I still did it for another. I still hate shaving, but I do it anyway. Whatever.

CD jr

Noob
Its the cool thing to do these days? Hate the game and say it sucks but keep playing it. I mean no disrespect to anyone in NY or anywhere, but it kinda sucks seeing this for sure. NY always seems to have such a great scene for all games. Maybe it was just an off week.

I still think this game is better then MK9, if MK9 was that good, we would all still be playing it at tournaments, not have it be 100% dead just barely after 2 years of release. Patch or not, it's sad that it died so fast, Christ Marvel has infinites and shit and no one bitches about that, they just play the game they love.

CD jr just a question, no meaning or ill intent behind it, but if you don't like the game so much, why do interviews about the Patch and stuff? Why tweet about it so much if you know NRS won't change the things you want changed? Why pick up a new main?

cause the game has potential and I want to stay up to date in CASE things changed.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Pig and Jr's expression for hating the game is warranted. Being tagged in this kind of thread would have inevitably lead to their opinion on the game no matter how you slice it. But what's with someone have to quit something if they hate it? I hated playing Kabal after the first year of MK9, I still did it for another. I still hate shaving, but I do it anyway. Whatever.
lol good point,

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
cause the game has potential and I want to stay up to date in CASE things changed.
Makes sense, and I 100% agree with you about the walk speeds, it's very frustrating. And the new bug with the advanced controls, thats pretty fuckin bullshit right there. I mean, Who wants to come out if they can't play the game properly or are forced to use the other controls that they arent used too.

Guess it's a wait and see kinda thing.