What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
This game need a urgent walkspeed now, cd jr is right, If Nrs it could fix this game would be hype as shit.
The problem with the walkspeed fix is they would have to retool the entire roster.

You just can't increase walkspeed across the board and expect it to work like a charm problem-free. Certain characters would be ridiculous and then the complaints would rise regardless.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
The problem with the walkspeed fix is they would have to retool the entire roster.

You just can't increase walkspeed across the board and expect it to work like a charm problem-free. Certain characters would be ridiculous and then the complaints would rise regardless.
Bingo

JRosa21

Noob
AK Pig Of The Hut looks like Art beat you to it but you can still add your thoughts.

NLBC seriously needs a revamp for injustice. Im gonna try and tag as many people as i can think of in the area and this should start some discussion on how to bring it back to former levels of interest/entry.

KDZ
DarthArma
Zyphox
NY_Jailhouse
Grr
CD jr
JRosa21

R.E.O. is there any way you can try to rally some NY guys or old VSM guys to come out and support?
Honestly the school season for most of the players living in the city is what I think is hurting turnout numbers. Couple that with the fact that me, kdz, fran, and darth live in Jersey and have to pay a 13 dollar toll before entering next level where there is sadly a deficit in numbers, it just isn't worth it. The break seems to consistently get ~15 entrants. Idk why it has been sluggish for NL besides school, but I am definitely saddened by it. Even MAHVEL has had nothing. Hmm maybe to get people to come out we can all put like 10 dollars into a pot for a 'pot bonus' to get people to come out? I really am stumped.

I planned on going but ended up playing casuals with DragonGod instead. Will be there in the near future. I can't believe ppl still show up for the Vergil/MorriDoom show every week to throw their money away, but not Injustice.

I'll start coming out more.

When did the game, one thing in mind, mobility would now failed in this, especially when the zoning is strong, and the stage size is so big.

jaym7018

Noob
This sounds like an NYC problem not a injustice problem. Sounds to me like the entire scene is tired of getting bodied by chris g and rico suave.

jaym7018

Noob
If someone starts bodying the scene in sf4 the way chris g bodies people in marvel and rico bodies people in injustice nobody would show up for sf4 either. To me it just sounds like NYC is a bunch of bitches that would rather cry and complain and not show up than level up. Sabin being the exception.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
When did the game, one thing in mind, mobility would now failed in this, especially when the zoning is strong, and the stage size is so big.
The problem lies around sweep range. Some characters would tear through if they walked faster; think of F23man but worse.

JRosa21

Noob
I planned on going but ended up playing casuals with DragonGod instead. Will be there in the near future. I can't believe ppl still show up for the Vergil/MorriDoom show every week to throw their money away, but not Injustice.

I'll start coming out more.
me and flux just said how this is happening in Marvel as well...NOT just injustice.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Maybe NY players are losing that OG Chinatown mentatlity and want a Hollywood venue like Super Arcade :confused:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
People are doing exactly what then did with MK9. Looking forward to the next game. You really can't force people to like games I guess. I can't stand hearing people ask when's KI or MK10 because the same thing will happen.
No they aren't -- NY players are training at home and going to all the other tournaments; just not the weeklies :)

I feel like no one is reading this thread before posting in it.

Satan1

Ice Pirate
If you want to talk about Mk9s training mode sucking horrible I'm with you but Injustice's is godlike and shouldn't be an example of why people aren't playing this game.
I just wanted to say that NRS needs to completely focus on perfecting their buggy engines and gameplay OR completely on the NRSware. If they are smart they should know what to choose instead of (seemingly) rushing everything. What would most players like most? A slightly smaller, balanced but varied roster with a solid engine and strong metagame, or... a, imo, wonky & rushed game like IGAU.
I guess I'm a bit shortsighted/brainwashed because of all the KI madness :)
BTW I'm glad that you guys keep strong in the NJ & NY Area, always enjoy the matches on stream (same for EGP, Vegas & ATL) especially in the MK9 heyday :)

And to end this with a tip for newer players:
Having a growing/active community also starts with the players themselves! Just be pro-active: try to organise/host small casual meetings; convince a friend to play, look actively around for other players & don't be afraid to try multiple games.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
This game need a urgent walkspeed now, cd jr is right, If Nrs it could fix this game would be hype as shit.
The walkspeed is fine as it is. Besides if walkspeed was increased in the patch, ppl would find solething else to bitch about, for example no footsies, no antiair, wakeup is too powerfull, yada yada

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
NRS needs to learn that quantity isn't equal to quality, and in this case they treated both Comic and FGC communities as morons (also known as Boonesque Game Development). To give a small example:

"-Exciting extra content in the form of mashtastic minigames (Good Ol' NRSware) for the DC fans!
-A refreshing, laggy training mode with fantastic incorrect frame data for the FGC purists!
All this and a lot more for that capital F(**k) in Frustration"

Our own game...lol...since when did TYM evolve into a cult? Is there some sort of hierarchy on who decides what, when & who to like? :cool:
We will discuss this saturday!

Akae47

Noob
I just wanted to say that NRS needs to completely focus on perfecting their buggy engines and gameplay OR completely on the NRSware. If they are smart they should know what to choose instead of (seemingly) rushing everything. What would most players like most? A slightly smaller, balanced but varied roster with a solid engine and strong metagame, or... a, imo, wonky & rushed game like IGAU.
I guess I'm a bit shortsighted/brainwashed because of all the KI madness :)
BTW I'm glad that you guys keep strong in the NJ & NY Area, always enjoy the matches on stream (same for EGP, Vegas & ATL) especially in the MK9 heyday :)

And to end this with a tip for newer players:
Having a growing/active community also starts with the players themselves! Just be pro-active: try to organise/host small casual meetings; convince a friend to play, look actively around for other players & don't be afraid to try multiple games.

Please correct if Im wrong kind sir Are you saying that these patches, hotfixes and updates for this game is not NRS focusing on bettering their game?? Do you actually believe that this game is rushed?Why is that? Even with NRS hand-picked several testers from the community to help with the development of the game...Really?? I met Ed Boon before during the MK9 peeking days and I can assure you that he cares, listens and considers what players like. Its hard to please everyone with one complex product such as Injustice. Lastly sometimes what the majority wants is unrealistic because it may actually ruin the game. Faster walks speeds is not something thats just simple to do.

If someone starts bodying the scene in sf4 the way chris g bodies people in marvel and rico bodies people in injustice nobody would show up for sf4 either. To me it just sounds like NYC is a bunch of bitches that would rather cry and complain and not show up than level up. Sabin being the exception.
lol
you do know chris or sanford wins sf4 literally every week, right?

you people dont understand the pilgrimage that is travelling to this place. Its not just in brooklyn, its in wherethefuckami brooklyn
id go every week if it wasnt adding an extra 1.5 hours on top of the 1.5 hours i drive every day already to go to work
if you have a job or go to school going to this place on a wednesday night is stupid and it just so happens everyone decided to not go last night. no big deal

DarkPage

Noob
This thread just makes me sad.

All these dudes I enjoy watching play turns out are barely even into it.

So where can I go to find the people who really like this game?