What's new

No Injustice/MvC3 tourney at NLBC due to low entrants - first time ever

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Shocks tourneys do extremely well, maybe it's just the NLBC location?
Summoning was talking about this thread to me today and mentioned this, thanks for the props. The reason why we get a decent turnout is because we treat every little event with TLC and space them out. It's very tough to run weeklies, even when we were doing bi-weeklies in Red Bank during MK9 I think the highest turnout I got was 20 and the last one was 12. I know the Break's turnouts are up and down but the last couple weeks have been pretty good for Injustice weeklies and I've been helping them out.

Of all the scheduled/advertised events I've done in the last two years outside of majors and bi-weeklies, I've averaged around 32 players for Injustice or MK9. It's really all about over saturation. I gave Rapzilla a list of events from January to December this year that could affect each others' turnouts and there was an average one event every 2 weeks not including any Break or Next Level weeklies, or any of our Saturday warehouse events. That's a LOT of options for players to choose from and have to plan time and money around.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I should also add that NLBC is most likely in a more accessible location than our Ultra Spec warehouse, as the access to a nearby train seems to be the biggest issue, but again, we don't run quite as often. We do have players willing to ferry and lodge for events here and almost always there are players hitching rides on the way back. This is just a matter of players contacting each other, but getting back to location, YesterCades is in a very good location and the arcade itself is a good sell. Has anyone been accusing the patch as being a dilemma for a lot of players? I would think that there would be more players popping up who are happy not to deal so much with whichever characters they feel are overpowered.