What's new

General/Other - Grandmaster New patch removes Some of SZ corner combo & trapping options

In the corner, SZ can no longer combo into Ice Clone if he hits the opponent while the Ice Clone is currently out unless it is at the final second to 1/2 second of the Ice Clone. This takes away his ability to set up his clone trap safely after landing B2 in the corner while the clone is out.

This hurts his trapping BIG TIME and hurts is damage/combo-ability. Now, not only does SZ need meter for almost everything in open space, he needs it for corner combos as well.
Any chance u can post a video showing this?

Maybe you can now play other variations. Also you still have 50% shatter corner combos. gm was too good in some mu's now variations will be more balanced maybe. I'm not sub expert, just saying
yo arent you the best mitsu player in the world?
Ive seen some of your tournament matches rly impressive stuff

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
Once again NRS has no idea how to balance their games. Soon MKX is gonna be like MK9, unsupported and left in the bottom of the barrel with bugs.

All that matters to NRS is to get their sales through.

Remember this?

That's when I stopped taking Tom seriously, too bad, so sad.

You know you're not legally obligated to play NRS games, right?

Just remember guys, winning isn't about getting good - it's about complaining, lol.

If one variation of 3 in a 26 character cast gets something done to it that you don't agree with - screw learning one of the other 77+ variations available to you - make a post about it, then recant half of your shit when people call you out on it and maintain that you're a mature individual who never QQ'd to begin with.

If the above is how you deal with a patch, the patch isn't your problem - you are your problem.

Last edited:

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
The 2 seconds CD on clone was pretty expected (frankly, all that time I though it was there, and was the reason behind me whiffing ice clone sometimes). So no rage for 2 seconds cool down. But ice clone vanishing for correctly blocking attack is like being punished for good read. I just hope it's not considered vanishing "on its own." Anybody post-patch tested already if there's 2 secs cd when clone goes away after block?

Anyway, my inner voice has been telling me I should pay more attention to ice burst and clone shattering/tossing. The voice KNEW obviously.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
You're right, because Paulo is paid by NetherRealm and Warner Bros. to take a 17-year-old's Twitter opinion on how to patch his game.

Paulo doesn't have a mind of his own and doesn't watch gameplay, he just trolls social media to figure out what changes to make to make next to a muiltimillion-dollar IP.
That sounds exactly like Paulo actually lol

sAik

Noob
When I first picked up GM Sub Zero since Day 1, I thought he's weak because of low damage combos. Then people figured out his ice clone corner setups and I thought that'll make up for it. They took that away, so now I'm not sure how far he'll fall. He is not Sub Zero if he can't freeze people enough. At least on the PC version we'll get to enjoy it while it last.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
If one variation of 3 in a 26 character cast gets something done to it that you don't agree with - screw learning one of the other 77+ variations available to you - make a post about it, then recant half of your shit when people call you out on it and maintain that you're a mature individual who never QQ'd to begin with.
So don't voice your opinion on unjustified nerfs, and instead just play someone else?

Good logic

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
The only thing I complain about is the players that cry. The truth is that many of these players who are now saying "good", "thank god", etc.. will still get absolutely destroyed and turn around and demand more nerfs.

You guys do not consider the people who cry for nerfs complainers. Yet, you consider those who call out the people who are crying complainers.
As one of those who is fine with it, if I lose to a Sub now, its my own fault. I won't be one of those calling for extra nerfs.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Once again NRS has no idea how to balance their games. Soon MKX is gonna be like MK9, unsupported and left in the bottom of the barrel with bugs.

All that matters to NRS is to get their sales through.
You realize this was not a balance patch, right

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My only question is, apart from last night ( @Tom Brady won That Game Store's local, congrats btw), how many subzeros are winning locals and how many times has subzero won a major yet? (Out of the few "majors" that has happened)
UsedForGlue won the Glasgow MK Cup qualifier so really Scotland is the reason all the Sub Zero crying started.

#ScotlandMasterRace #HoldThisFatTadger #YearOfTheYouph #WaitUsedForGlueIsIrish #CompetitionWasInScotlandSoFuckYou

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Well, I find it sad that it's really @Qwark28 and a few others even trying to contribute to this thread by showing there's other options or attempting to explore them. Instead, this thread became a "crucify Tom Brady and his main and fuck you SZ players" thread. Why are some people even allowed to post I wonder.

Anyway, glad to see that shatter is another way to reset the timer and that you can still set up clones, plus that hidden b1+2 +2 on block is nice. He'll be fine, @Tom Brady and @DetroitBalln and other players will do fine from this, and we can all call it a day and just let the SZ guys discuss tech for the love of fuck. Stop bashing the man, I mean I didn't think the character needed to be nerfed either and this is coming from a War God Kotal and Necromancer Shinnok player that learned to blow up any clone that wasn't set up safely and still get out after.

usbigboy

You weren't on frame bro
Remember this?

That's when I stopped taking Tom seriously, too bad, so sad.

You know you're not legally obligated to play NRS games, right?

Just remember guys, winning isn't about getting good - it's about complaining, lol.

If the above is how you deal with a patch, the patch isn't your problem - you are your problem.
wtf!!!! lol I don't remember this video hahahahahahaha I'm literally crying

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Sorry but no I do not completely ass fuck SZ with an armored escape.

I shouldn't have to hope and pray I have a meter to get out.
MB Overhead Dive punch, RC F21, 11, F21 Dive punch or command grab.

When you have a bar of meter, sub zero has to use normal block strings with no Klone cancels (all negative) with b12, b33 and 12, all of these give you a chance to get offence started when blocked.

That's the game. You also have zoning options, you are not helpless.

Have you ever played as Sub Zero, or are you forming theory's only from your characters side of the MU?

Last edited: