What's new

NEC8 UMK3 Tournament Results

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
l SuGaR l said:
Shock why didn't you play in the tournament? Afraid that you would get raped by Crazy too? :lol:
I wasn't going to play regardless, had we started the tournament at 6, or even 8PM, he would have missed it but we waited for him. Don't worry I'll up some of matches tonight.

Konqrr, next year the tournament should be on the 6th and 7th so if possible plan ahead!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Shock said:
l SuGaR l said:
Shock why didn't you play in the tournament? Afraid that you would get raped by Crazy too? :lol:
I wasn't going to play regardless, had we started the tournament at 6, or even 8PM, he would have missed it but we waited for him. Don't worry I'll up some of matches tonight.

Konqrr, next year the tournament should be on the 6th and 7th so if possible plan ahead!
Yea Konqrr....just stop in Ohio on your way, hehe :wink:

this sucks i really wish i was never robbed before coming to nec and have enough money to do this.it sucks alot i really wanted to join since its always fun playing mk my fault shock yo ill def be coming through for tourneys at the break or somewhere else around ny. yo were you mad at me lol on sundya you ignored me and didnt let me get in some casuals. lol

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
haha no way man, casuals were open for everyone, I didn't see you. I went around the whole room when I left too and said goodbye to like 10 people. Get some training in and come to the Break sometime. Pick a character.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The next tournament will more than likely be at 8 on the Break in January or so on their arcade machine. Otherwise, the next console tournament won't be until May if we have it at Evo again.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I tried recording the matches onto my DVD-R but it's just not recognizing blank DVDs anymore. I'm really angry right now. I'm going to just get a cam corder that uses a more direct digital media I think. It'll make it easier for tournaments and wrestling matches, I'm long overdue.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Soon, I will take apart the DVD player tomorrow and see if it's a problem inside, it could just be dirty or something.

ded

Elder God
Shock said:
I tried recording the matches onto my DVD-R but it's just not recognizing blank DVDs anymore. I'm really angry right now. I'm going to just get a cam corder that uses a more direct digital media I think. It'll make it easier for tournaments and wrestling matches, I'm long overdue.
i've got the same fucking problem, try updating your firmware, hopefuly it could help

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This is actually a VCR/DVD-R, not a DVD drive for a computer. The discs I normally use with it just don't work and in fact if I try to play DVDs they constantly give me problems.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Problems like this are usually something simple, and I'm sure you've already done this...but run a cleaner on the dvd lens a few times ^_^

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
Problems like this are usually something simple, and I'm sure you've already done this...but run a cleaner on the dvd lens a few times ^_^
That and a dust bath. (canned air!)

I used to have a CD recorder that was connected to my stereo, not on a PC drive. I had to clean that bitch like twice a month, lens & dust bath.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
Tim Static said:
Yea Konqrr....just stop in Ohio on your way, hehe :wink:
If plane tickets worked like bus transfers I would no doubt!
Wait, I got a better idea. We'll do the Oregon Trail, in reverse. Sugar will get on a greyhound in Portland, take it down to Utah, head east and pick up McCarron in Chicago, me in Columbus, Zaq in South Central PA (lol) and boom...lol...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Damn, that's a good idea...it'll be renamed the NEC Trail. We'll have to hog tie Lex, Moe, and Thrower to get them to come, then stop in VA to pick up Brady and it'll be a date :lol:

Shock said:
This is actually a VCR/DVD-R, not a DVD drive for a computer. The discs I normally use with it just don't work and in fact if I try to play DVDs they constantly give me problems.

if it's a burned DVD try DVD-R's more compatible with different dvd players

and if it is DVD+R's booktype (BITSITTING)them to DVD-R

also use verbatim DVD's there the best.

when i clean a DVD player i take it apart and spay a cu tip with Windex
and dab it on a towel to dampen it and clean the len's.

just a suggestion :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
Konqrr said:
Damn, that's a good idea...it'll be renamed the NEC Trail. We'll have to hog tie Lex, Moe, and Thrower to get them to come, then stop in VA to pick up Brady and it'll be a date :lol:
Geesh, one things for sure. My new nickname would be LAST PLACE :lol:

Tim Static

Adminerator
l SuGaR l said:
lol Fuck Oregon. Oh wait, I live here =/
I'd rather live there than 99% of the rest of the country. Its beeeeutiful up there...besides, you guys have the OREGON DUCKS and GREG ODEN!!!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It has nothing to do with compatibility, it's probably just dirty, or in the worst scenario, faulty.

Thats what I was wondering, I think the guy in the sam n max shirt (bunny crossbone) is BustaUppa since he has a Day of the Tentacle avatar.