What's new

NEC8 UMK3 Tournament Results

I spoke with Crazy and Eric the other day online, they said they were probably not going... but dont hold me to that. Eric seemed like he wanted to go but didnt know if he could drag Crazy there.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Busta informed me he won't be able to go either as well. Still a lot of players remaining but I would have liked for them to go. Right now I'm shooting for 6PM Saturday for the Tournament on Saturday just to give peoeple time to get there. If there are enough players Sunday as well we can do another smaller, perhaps no paying tournament starting around 5PM so it doesn't run too late.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Eric the tournament coordinator has UMK3 listed for 4PM Sunday. I dunno if that'll happen regardless of the turnout Saturday.

Garcia

Noob
Re: NEC8 UMK3 Tournament in Philly, December 1st and 2nd

ultimatemk_news said:
I might as well make a thread for this too ahead of time. North East Championships will be held December 1st and 2nd this year at America's Best INN (2015 Penrose Ave.) (215-336-4516) - South Philadephia, PA.

Rooms are $60 a night plus tax if you say you are going for NEC.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=135887 - Official Thread at srk

This will be about 90 minutes less of a drive for anyone who lives in PA or just simply west of the Break.

UMK3 casuals will be on Saturday unless of course we get enough players to hold something. Usually at NEC we do the tournament on Sunday because a lot of players show up late and stay over into Sunday, then more players show up Sunday, but generally the outcome is fewer than ECC regardless which is why more players need to show up!

Right now we will most likely have it on the 360. I will have two brand new 360 ready sticks courtesy of I Love Poop soon, with Sanwa parts. There should be zero issues with them. The majority of players who come to NEC are from University Pinball so they are use to sticks and not everyone could use them because of some converter issues. It would easily be possible to hold a bring your own pad tournament one day, and a stick only tournament the other day. I can't supply 2 pads as of yet because I have one wired and someone took my wireless controller at EVO this year and I wound up with a charger pack controller somehow and I cannot find my wired cable. If anyone is aware they have my controller maybe we can make a swap in the mail.

So anyone interested in signing up, let everyone know about it and join here.
I just got the word from crazy domincan about this tournament ima try to show up. I havent been in a tourney in ages lets see if I still have it! LOL.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Illegal Eagle said:
Some one PICK ME UP
Im in CT tho :x :x
I got the time off from work too!!!
I hope you're there. I have had a number of drop outs but all good players. Still a lot of players left however.

Shock said:
Illegal Eagle said:
Some one PICK ME UP
Im in CT tho :x :x
I got the time off from work too!!!
I hope you're there. I have had a number of drop outs but all good players. Still a lot of players left however.
yeah I made plans months ago since the first 1. That I got smashed @.
I hope you all fuckin whip ass :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
If CD goes it will be a repeat.
G luck yall :wink:

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hey Shock, if you can post a list of everyone playing before, like say, Friday night before, so we can make our bets and wagers, hehe.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
There's no way to tell for sure who will be there. Four good players will not be there which is disappointing but there remains about 20 other players who could be there, not sure what days. Some of those players are still good. Depending on how many are in the tournament will dictate whether I enter or not. If there are a bunch of lower level players I might just run it for them so the competition within is better, unless of course players demand I play which has happened before in tournament I've run.

Shock said:
There's no way to tell for sure who will be there. Four good players will not be there which is disappointing but there remains about 20 other players who could be there, not sure what days. Some of those players are still good. Depending on how many are in the tournament will dictate whether I enter or not. If there are a bunch of lower level players I might just run it for them so the competition within is better, unless of course players demand I play which has happened before in tournament I've run.
You have to enter, your supposed to beat crazy last time we chatted ;)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Well that's only because the mighty Frankie won't be there. Last year when Crazy played there was only like 5 of us around and he had to go, and then his friend's car battery died so I had to jump him lol. If anything I'll make sure we get some matches on tape, but to everyone going try and make it Saturday by 6PM.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
And I enjoy thinking about you sitting at home while everyone else is having a good time.

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
Well my girl dumped me, so that frees up my weekend. Clearly, destiny is punishing me for choosing a woman over MK. Guess I'll be at NEC after all!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
BustaUppa said:
Well my girl dumped me, so that frees up my weekend. Clearly, destiny is punishing me for choosing a woman over MK. Guess I'll be at NEC after all!
I'm sorry to hear that old man. Text me or something and verify trip plans. We can do the same thing as last year.

rsigley said:
can't go, too busy with side projects

maybe next time
Sucky suck.

I'll be in town during this. I'll stop by if I get a break from Students For a Democratic Society meetings. I suck on arcade though, I can only use R. Smoke :(

mach1

Noob
TheRedPsychosis said:
I'll be in town during this. I'll stop by if I get a break from Students For a Democratic Society meetings. I suck on arcade though, I can only use R. Smoke :(
We will be playing on a 360 yo